Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That I do not know! I am in the process of replacing all the rear bulb sockets. They are garbage.

It's a 4 speed transmission.

If it is a granny first 4sp then it would be the back up light switch that is up top.

Here is a T18 and it is the red thing to the rear of the top cover.

On a NP435 it is a little forward from that point.

I want to say the wires are black & purple but could be wrong?

If you short the 2 together and turn the key on the B/U lights should come on if everything is ok.

Dave ----

Finally got my cowl in place.

1.thumb.jpg.47b783dc458b24b4336e7855b389fc39.jpg

Wonderful what you can do with a block of wood, and a prybar to line things up.

2.thumb.jpg.bdd2544dd874b0f049502b435b829d5d.jpg

This is an idea I came up with to trim the hood seal.

4.thumb.jpg.9e68dbbce60c8f278f27d28f54b90b0b.jpg

A box knife blade on an angle to trim the seal close to the mounting strip,

you can use both hands to guide the seal.

If the glue ever dries, I will install, and be one step closer to paint

5.thumb.jpg.d64fd12d9c7465b1e2c19377155dabc8.jpg

Finally got my cowl in place.

Wonderful what you can do with a block of wood, and a prybar to line things up.

This is an idea I came up with to trim the hood seal.

A box knife blade on an angle to trim the seal close to the mounting strip,

you can use both hands to guide the seal.

If the glue ever dries, I will install, and be one step closer to paint

Polka dot cowl is a huge + IMHO.

I'm trying to understand why you need to trim the weatherstrip.

When I worked in the leather shop I had a little tool that looked like a cross between a brass derringer and a square.

You attached a blade to the moveable scale and then set the width of belt or strap you needed.

Once you cut the hide with a straightedge you could repeat as many as you liked.

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/item-detail/00070-l/master-tools/pr_22638/cp_/shop-now/hand-tools/knives-scissors/knives?gclid=CjwKCAjwps75BRAcEiwAEiACMW1w3zSF9OlYxHdP4WT3bABsz5Swxg3ZckRrIoTvBDC8INSdailqrBoCtQsQAvD_BwE

Polka dot cowl is a huge + IMHO.

I'm trying to understand why you need to trim the weatherstrip.

When I worked in the leather shop I had a little tool that looked like a cross between a brass derringer and a square.

You attached a blade to the moveable scale and then set the width of belt or strap you needed.

Once you cut the hide with a straightedge you could repeat as many as you liked.

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/item-detail/00070-l/master-tools/pr_22638/cp_/shop-now/hand-tools/knives-scissors/knives?gclid=CjwKCAjwps75BRAcEiwAEiACMW1w3zSF9OlYxHdP4WT3bABsz5Swxg3ZckRrIoTvBDC8INSdailqrBoCtQsQAvD_BwE

You don't have to cut it, I thought it would look cleaner trimmed...there is about 3/4" below the mounting strip that doesn't need to be there. Just my thoughts on it....BF

cut.thumb.jpg.78b1d788c1417bb0a2c8cfb74e244c57.jpg

It's the garage weather strip , I just cleaned the old material off the original piece, and glued it on.

That's a lot of work for something that will not be seen 99.9%of the time.

I cant remember if I had that part from the old strip but I think Jim & Gary did the same as I did, just use the plastic washers that came with the garage seal and use the factory screws to hold it to the truck.

Dave ----

It's the garage weather strip , I just cleaned the old material off the original piece, and glued it on.

That's a lot of work for something that will not be seen 99.9%of the time.

I cant remember if I had that part from the old strip but I think Jim & Gary did the same as I did, just use the plastic washers that came with the garage seal and use the factory screws to hold it to the truck.

Dave ----

That's almost what I did Dave.

I ran a bead of urethane caulk across the front of the cowl and used stainless screws and fender washers.

I used an awl/icepick to find my holes.

But I don't really care about my underhood. (Except I like the ribbed, crinkle finished, cast valve covers)

Believe me, no show-all go on this hard working truck.

What I used for the hood, not at the cowl but on the fenders was the rubber weather stripping that bridges the gap from the grille to the core support on a 92-96. Worked great there too.

Do you have any pics of that stuff, Angelo? Don't know that I've seen it.