Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Josh - There are usually dimples and you can drill out at that point and put a rubber conduit in, just like the factory did.

Step drills are cheap at Horrid Fate.

You don't need a $60 Uni-bit for four holes

Mrs. Rembrant and I made a little roadtrip in the old Blue Mule yesterday afternoon. With all of the car shows cancelled due to Covid this year, all that is really left to do is attend the weekly cruise-ins. There is a big one here in the city every Thursday night, but there's a second one at a Market on Friday nights about 75-80 miles away. So...she never comes with me in the old truck...lol, so this was a special trip. Car shows are not her thing, and that's fine...but she does like farm markets and shopping along the way. She is a great traveler though, and we are one of those couples that don't talk very much while driving. She reads magazines and files her nails and toes...lol, and I listen to my podcasts.

Anyway, first stop along the way was to drop by and pay for this old shitbox F150 I bought as a donor for my Bullnose Flareside build.

IMG_2018.jpg.b71433de42250facf8c3c4ce79974091.jpg

We then stopped by a place called Stanfields which is a local clothing factory that's been around for 150 years or more. Wife wanted to hit the outlet store. They've been making stuff like underwear forever, and in fact at 48 years old this brand is all I've ever worn my entire life! Had to snap a pic...but this is just one end of the old brick factory.

stan1.thumb.jpg.f2d0d1e4c22d206a88544090d0eaf5fa.jpg

We then swung by to see an RV for sale that the Mrs. found online...newer and nicer than ours...lol. This will be another story, but we stuck ours up for sale last night for a high price to see if anything shakes loose. More on that later.

Then we hit the market! We had supper indoors and then I hit the lawn with the old truck and Mrs. went shopping inside (fresh corn on the cob this evening!).

This is about the most you'll see of her...lol, a bit camera shy.

IMG_2102.jpg.ceebf60c2e19a35a930247a046e6c1e3.jpg

It's a nice size little gathering for a Friday night. They've had upwards of 150 cars, but I heard this morning that the count was about 130 last night. We didn't stay long and there more coming in as we left.

IMG_2105.jpg.ed79b397bcc675ff098fe3dcae72c111.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg.f121c61a5df16eb9345c58a35133bbe6.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg.a4b29492f1f74d4c9fa2e54a50f98c02.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg.4abcec271b4cf67d75da9491ad46cae3.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg.e8235ca077fedcd66bfa5486b5c4686e.jpg

Mrs. Rembrant and I made a little roadtrip in the old Blue Mule yesterday afternoon...she never comes with me in the old truck... so this is about the most you'll see of her...lol, a bit camera shy.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n69947/IMG_2102.jpg

It's a nice size little gathering for a Friday night. They've had upwards of 150 cars, but I heard this morning that the count was about 130 last night. We didn't stay long and there more coming in as we left.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n69947/IMG_2105.jpg

Nice tresses! ???

Do they *make you park according to colour? Or brand?

Looks good, Jim. How'd the shake-down cruise go?

Very well it seems.

I tested 4HI and LO around Bills ~40 acres.

Took 7 south out of Bennigton to Pittsfield, then some nice country roads across to 8 and down to Norwalk so Bill could get his other Dodge out of the shop it's been at for four months.

I made it down to CT without incident

Had it up over 100 a couple of times, so it seems 'tested'

Very well it seems.

Took 7 south out of Bennigton to Pittsfield, then some nice country roads across to 8 and down to Norwalk so Bill could get his other Dodge out of the shop it's been at for four months.

Cory - That sounds like the kind of a trip we like to do. Catch several things along the way, some for Janey and some for me, and just have fun. And it looks like you did! :nabble_smiley_good:

But the Blue Mule "shines with her own kind of light" in those shows. Easy to pick her out.

Jim - That road certainly does have some pretty country. When I was working I had a client in Pittsfield and I've spent a fair bit of time there. Beautiful country.

But I think it is safe to say the t-case works. Wow, you test them thoroughly! :nabble_anim_claps:

Very well it seems.

Good to hear it is working as it should.

That's a nice little drive as I have done it many times.

A buddy has a cabin up there on RT9 IIRC by Small Pond, and as a change from I91 we would go that way.

Dave ----

Very well it seems.

Good to hear it is working as it should.

That's a nice little drive as I have done it many times.

A buddy has a cabin up there on RT9 IIRC by Small Pond, and as a change from I91 we would go that way.

Dave ----

The Berkshires are very scenic.

I would have pictures if I wasn't driving.

But the further south we traveled the more evidence of blowdowns we saw.

Trunks cut off at the roadside, piles of brush and or chips on the shoulder.

Traffic lights inoperable and a barrel with 4 way stop in the center of the intersections.

The garage in Norwalk said they just got power back yesterday.

Traffic lights inoperable and a barrel with 4 way stop in the center of the intersections.

I did hear you guys got it pretty bad from that storm.

Family out on LI said it blew over table & chairs in the back yard, trees down and lights out also.

We have had worst thunder storms come thru than what we got from this storm and we are thankful.

Dave ----

I was tempted to quote James previously, but didn't. Will now:

So was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston

The Berkshires seemed dream-like on account of that frosting

Yes, it is a beautiful region. But it is unfortunate there was so much damage elsewhere from the recent storm. From what I understand there are still lots of people w/o power.

I was tempted to quote James previously, but didn't. Will now:

So was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston

The Berkshires seemed dream-like on account of that frosting

Yes, it is a beautiful region. But it is unfortunate there was so much damage elsewhere from the recent storm. From what I understand there are still lots of people w/o power.

In Readsboro it was just a gusty afternoon rainstorm

We were going to stop at Alice's Restaurant,(Stockbridge Cafe) but got pressed for time to get to the shop by 6:00.

In Readsboro it was just a gusty afternoon rainstorm

We were going to stop at Alice's Restaurant,(Stockbridge Cafe) but got pressed for time to get to the shop by 6:00.

I put Eunice to work, found a waterborne playmate for her. 1976 Fiberform 16ft. Floor and stingers rusted out, no idea if motor will run...

Was a good deal up front, the guy selling it called it a “2 Visa card boat”

He may be correct.

F9AF8531-C662-4BC3-A354-BC63E8B38A91.jpeg.5efc8769c2dd2c918a0925298e19bbce.jpeg