Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Nice buy! Remind me - is it already setup for dual tanks and just missing the control or are you adding the second one new?

I'd been looking for a spare alcoa to mount in the bed and picked these up today off Craigslist. $175 for all.

They are 17's vs 16's so will have to figure out what I want to do there. May put the 17's on the truck and the 16's on the trailer. Alas I still have no spare...:nabble_smiley_beam:

Nope, gonna have to add the second door in the bed but my bed is pretty trashed so it won't hurt me to cut into it. I already stole most of the wiring from my bricknose dash harness that gets me to the firewall so I'll end up making a standalone harness for it since my truck doesn't have a dual tank harness. But that's a project that will be one of those I'll get to long after the truck is running and driving.

Good price, Shaun. But what switching valve are you going to use?

Scott - Love the Alcoas! I'd like to have a set on BB, but I think the black wheels & hubs go well with the other black, like the step bars and maybe windshield trim.

Yup, I’m jealous! Nice rims!

Nice find Shaun!

Yup, I’m jealous! Nice rims!

Nice find Shaun!

Haven't done anything to my truck today, but loaded the 20' U-Haul the kids rented to take them to Charleston, SC. We were under an excessive heat warning, so it wasn't fun, be we got it loaded and they took off with the Subie following. And stopped 100' away as my daughter told her husband that she saw something on one of the tires.

I was watching so went down there and wound up sliding under. This is the inside of the LR inside tire. How many of you want to rent from U-Fall?

Two hours and 15 minutes later they actually left.

IMG_3445.jpeg.d971c05d28f7fc1635ddf9555a4fee11.jpeg

Haven't done anything to my truck today, but loaded the 20' U-Haul the kids rented to take them to Charleston, SC. We were under an excessive heat warning, so it wasn't fun, be we got it loaded and they took off with the Subie following. And stopped 100' away as my daughter told her husband that she saw something on one of the tires.

I was watching so went down there and wound up sliding under. This is the inside of the LR inside tire. How many of you want to rent from U-Fall?

Two hours and 15 minutes later they actually left.

I'm honestly not surprised, I've heard plenty of those horror stories. Should have read the date on the tires while you were down there, guarantee they aren't a few years old.

I'm honestly not surprised, I've heard plenty of those horror stories. Should have read the date on the tires while you were down there, guarantee they aren't a few years old.

Good idea, Shaun. I wish we had. I'm off U-Fall. That was my family, and my grandkids, they put in danger.

Unfortunately I've seen the same from Ryder and Budget. Who else is there?

I wish Holly and family safe passage, Gary! 🙏

Shaun, we have Penske and Enterprise up here.

They seem to have good fleets, and they're the only ones I know who rent lift-gate trucks.

I wish Holly and family safe passage, Gary! 🙏

Shaun, we have Penske and Enterprise up here.

They seem to have good fleets, and they're the only ones I know who rent lift-gate trucks.

Thanks, Jim. They need all the help they can get.

Thanks, Jim. They need all the help they can get.

Good thing they spotted that tire before really getting started.

Took the truck to work this morning as it was some what cool at 1am and would be home around 7am before the heat.

Truck run great for the 70+ mile round trip.

Stayed at 65 MPH the best I could turning about 1700 RPM

Did take it to 70 MPH and was turning about 1900 RPM

I figure 75 MPH a little over 2000 RPM and I would have still been passed!

I will get a full break down of MPH / RPM some day.

Readings are in OD

Dave ----

Good thing they spotted that tire before really getting started.

Took the truck to work this morning as it was some what cool at 1am and would be home around 7am before the heat.

Truck run great for the 70+ mile round trip.

Stayed at 65 MPH the best I could turning about 1700 RPM

Did take it to 70 MPH and was turning about 1900 RPM

I figure 75 MPH a little over 2000 RPM and I would have still been passed!

I will get a full break down of MPH / RPM some day.

Readings are in OD

Dave ----

Yes, Dave, that could have been a major problem. It was just a question of when, not if, it blew. And when it did would it take the outside tire.

At the very least they'd have been stuck somewhere along the way awaiting U-Fail to get someone to them. As it was, they came back to the house, we ordered hamburgers and fries, and we watched a movie while awaiting AAA.

Anyway, your RPM's are higher than I would have expected with your 2.75 gears and the OD. Have you compared to what our calculator says? Maybe your tach is reading high?