Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Best misguided pkg (to me/us) was a thermoforming die from a shop in Mass., was supposed to be sent to Augusta Ga, it lost it's way, found it in Texas, shipper wanted us to pay for shipping from there to us. I was in a crate about 3'x2'x2' took two strapping men to lift it.

Another FWIW story, we ordered a special ground cutting tool about the size of your thumb, came in a shoe box, joked to my foreman about it, he said shipped in an appropriate size pkg would get lost easier than a shoe box.

BF

Probably not related, but I was once in a wedding in Maine. The matron of honor had flown there from Seattle via Atlanta, Denver and Chicago (in that order).

Probably not related, but I was once in a wedding in Maine. The matron of honor had flown there from Seattle via Atlanta, Denver and Chicago (in that order).

I got a note from my junkyard the other day that a 1983 F-100 showed up on the lot...I'm off to check it out. Wish me luck!

There are "lost city" travelers, but wow, how much is all that wasted time and transfers worth? :nabble_anim_confused:

The additional fuel cost alone of that itinerary has to be more than a (fairly) direct ticket.

There are "lost city" travelers, but wow, how much is all that wasted time and transfers worth? :nabble_anim_confused:

The additional fuel cost alone of that itinerary has to be more than a (fairly) direct ticket.

The planes were flying those routes whether she was on them or not, so it's not really a significant extra fuel cost. But it sure doesn't make sense!

The planes were flying those routes whether she was on them or not, so it's not really a significant extra fuel cost. But it sure doesn't make sense!

When was the last time you were on a flight that wasn't overbooked? :nabble_anim_confused:

If she had a chance to fly direct to NY or Boston and took a hopper, someone else would have had a seat on each one of those extra legs.

When was the last time you were on a flight that wasn't overbooked? :nabble_anim_confused:

If she had a chance to fly direct to NY or Boston and took a hopper, someone else would have had a seat on each one of those extra legs.

It stopped raining first time in a week today and the truck being dirty I washed it and the wife's car being I had everything out already.

Later I want to remove and plug the vacuum line off the top of the PCV that pulls vapors from the charcoal cans under the battery and the carb bowl vent.

I think, I hope, it will make my MPG go up a little as it is always pulling vapors when the motor is running.

I will run it this way for 2 or 3 fill ups to see what I get.

Dave ----

Good Luck Matthew! :nabble_waving_orig:

Happy hunting!

Jim, I learned a long time ago, airlines have hubs, and will route you through their hub no matter how assinine it looks on paper. Only places it seems you can get nice straight through flights are from major centers (like NYC) or areas with a high military presence. I could get a flight from Norfolk (ORF) to Chicago/O'hare and then to San Diego, coming back about the same route.

Jim, I learned a long time ago, airlines have hubs, and will route you through their hub no matter how assinine it looks on paper. Only places it seems you can get nice straight through flights are from major centers (like NYC) or areas with a high military presence. I could get a flight from Norfolk (ORF) to Chicago/O'hare and then to San Diego, coming back about the same route.

Which is why "Lost City"

It's far cheaper to book a flight through a hub than to book a flight to a hub.

Like taking Delta to Hartsfield.

It's great to jump ship (deplane) in Atlanta and not continue on to Dallas if your layover flight is half the cost of flying into that city (Atlanta)

But airlines frown upon this so much that you may find yourself blacklisted.