Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Gary,

I am absolutely loving it. I had people waving at me today, giving me a thumbs up, asking what year it was, etc. It's nice to run around with it, using it as a daily driver, and getting compliments on it while I do. It doesn't leak or drip a single drop of anything. Bone dry underneath. Doesn't rattle or squeak. The fluid levels never change. I'm confident enough in the truck now I'd drive it across the country without hesitation.

I now need to work on creature comforts that will enhance the experience. As much as I love the bare bones feel of the truck, I do need to get the stereo installed, and the delay wiper module, a 12v socket for charging cell phones, cup holders, and cruise control, etc.

Cory, I am also envious of you getting 17 MPG, I am lucky to hit 15 but I also have not done anything to help it any either and I don't have over drive (yet).

The waving, thumbs up and yelling "nice truck" is one reason I love driving my truck.

As for leaks & drops mine is anti-rusting the bottom with a oil leak out the front of the motor that I need to look deeper into and fix. Other than that its great like yours.

Creature comforts, I did most of them before the truck got on the road. The best has to be the delay wipers and if I was driving it this week, no work in 4 days so it sits in the garage, I would need them as it has rained everyday and why no work.

I need to install a carpet also what do you have down now? I have bare metal floor with roll on bed liner now, not so much for road noise as it will help but when the front tires kick up a stone and it hits the floor bottom it sounds like someone shot a gun inside and it happens a lot more than you would think.

Enjoy your vacation and putting miles on the truck & smiles on your face.

Dave ----

ps I love your pictures you post with / from you truck. We don't really have anything around here worth taking pictures like that

All set for a road trip! Where you going?

Thanks guys! I’d like a road trip!

I wish I could hide the coax and power wires better, but I don’t want to cut the carpet.

A lot smaller radio. I like my Cobra, but to “fidgety”, I need to concentrate on driving.

Cory, I am also envious of you getting 17 MPG, I am lucky to hit 15 but I also have not done anything to help it any either and I don't have over drive (yet).

The waving, thumbs up and yelling "nice truck" is one reason I love driving my truck.

As for leaks & drops mine is anti-rusting the bottom with a oil leak out the front of the motor that I need to look deeper into and fix. Other than that its great like yours.

Creature comforts, I did most of them before the truck got on the road. The best has to be the delay wipers and if I was driving it this week, no work in 4 days so it sits in the garage, I would need them as it has rained everyday and why no work.

I need to install a carpet also what do you have down now? I have bare metal floor with roll on bed liner now, not so much for road noise as it will help but when the front tires kick up a stone and it hits the floor bottom it sounds like someone shot a gun inside and it happens a lot more than you would think.

Enjoy your vacation and putting miles on the truck & smiles on your face.

Dave ----

ps I love your pictures you post with / from you truck. We don't really have anything around here worth taking pictures like that

Dave,

About the pictures, one thing I am always so envious of about the south is how green everything is. Bright green lawns, trees, hills, etc. Everything always looks so nice. Everything is pretty dreary here until the leaves come back. I absolutely love North Carolina, but I've spent the majority of my visits there in the mountains at the western end, or for training in Charlotte. The only part of NC that I've seen east of Charlotte is I-95 when I blew through on the way home from Florida about 15 years ago.

I'm still rocking the original black rubber or vinyl floor that the truck came with new. It stops just behind the front legs of the bench seat. Past that is just bare metal. I've removed the white insulation that was on the passenger side over the exhaust, but the grey stuff is still stuck to the back of the rubber. The floor is fine, and actually looks OK...but it doesn't fit the 5spd hump all that well, and I'd like to cover the whole floor for sound deadening purposes.

I'm really pleased with the 17mpg. Of course that has a lot to do with the 5spd and 3.08 gears. The truck cruises nicely on the highway at 1900-2000 RPM in 5th, and it even cruises nicely at 1500 RPM in 5th on the backroads, but it certainly doesn't have any power at 1500 RPM...so if I'm cruising at that RPM, it's flat ground and low load. I'll be taking it in for another alignment soon, but that'll be in for MPG improvements. I don't think there's much more I can do with it now. The trucks seems to run the best when it's hotter outside...the warmer the temps, the better is runs.

I'm really pleased with the 17mpg. Of course that has a lot to do with the 5spd and 3.08 gears. The truck cruises nicely on the highway at 1900-2000 RPM in 5th, and it even cruises nicely at 1500 RPM in 5th on the backroads, but it certainly doesn't have any power at 1500 RPM...so if I'm cruising at that RPM, it's flat ground and low load. I'll be taking it in for another alignment soon, but that'll be in for MPG improvements. I don't think there's much more I can do with it now. The trucks seems to run the best when it's hotter outside...the warmer the temps, the better is runs.

Tiny [factory] air dam under front bumper? Synthetic lubricants in engine, transmission and differential?

Assuming the other two arrive tomorrow [...]

Guess whose tires were lost by FedEx between Chicago and Atlanta? :nabble_smiley_cry:

Guess why the tire shop doesn't want to do installs for Tire Rack anymore, and refuses to make a commitment as to when?

If this 'stuff' happened on the regular, you wouldn't want to face the PO'd customers either.

Guess why the tire shop doesn't want to do installs for Tire Rack anymore, and refuses to make a commitment as to when?

If this 'stuff' happened on the regular, you wouldn't want to face the PO'd customers either.

Yes, this is turning into quite the educational experience.

Yes, this is turning into quite the educational experience.

Just a non-sequitur note about Big Brotherisim and Google.

The next two things in my Gmail after your reply, Matthew, were a Memorial Day coupon from Discount Tire Direct and a notice about how "American" Treadwright Tires are are on offer through July 4.

Man.... I'm just SO tired of this

Just a non-sequitur note about Big Brotherisim and Google.

The next two things in my Gmail after your reply, Matthew, were a Memorial Day coupon from Discount Tire Direct and a notice about how "American" Treadwright Tires are are on offer through July 4.

Man.... I'm just SO tired of this

Apparently my missing tires decided to take the scenic route to get here, and are currently in California. Estimated delivery is now a week from today. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Apparently my missing tires decided to take the scenic route to get here, and are currently in California. Estimated delivery is now a week from today. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Those tires are going to be half worn out by the time they roll into Atlanta, Matthew! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: