Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Heading to the junkyard tomorrow to try and pick up some of the A/C parts I threw out like the accumulator straps and cycle switch harness. Crossing things off left and right. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the lugs, that will work on the front, but not on the back. When I say they are done, they're done. They are the worst lugs I have ever seen. They aren't just cross threaded, there are some spots with no thread at all. I had to use a hammer impact just to get acorn nuts put back on when I first got the truck.

Then it looks like you'll have to drive them out and replace them. But in my experience pulling them in with and impact wasn't enough. They really needed to be pressed in.

Then it looks like you'll have to drive them out and replace them. But in my experience pulling them in with and impact wasn't enough. They really needed to be pressed in.

I came out this morning to find the door seal channel full of water, and a bit more water up on the 'shelf' where the cables come into the cab. 😖

New windshield...

New sheet metal in the kick...

Yesterday I sealed the heck out of the bottom of the cowl, where I had removed the drains, but it's got to be coming from higher up to get where it was.

Pulling the cowl this morning.

May have to resort to leak stop, but I don't like Band-Aids.

I came out this morning to find the door seal channel full of water, and a bit more water up on the 'shelf' where the cables come into the cab. 😖

New windshield...

New sheet metal in the kick...

Yesterday I sealed the heck out of the bottom of the cowl, where I had removed the drains, but it's got to be coming from higher up to get where it was.

Pulling the cowl this morning.

May have to resort to leak stop, but I don't like Band-Aids.

Bummer! That's awful! :nabble_smiley_scared:

Hope you find it and get it sealed easily.

Bummer! That's awful! :nabble_smiley_scared:

Hope you find it and get it sealed easily.

See what happens when you seal the drains, new floor pans, water has no place to go :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Sorry that sucks.

Are you sure the water is not coming in thru the kick panel vents?

If the cowl drains are not clean the water in the cowl has no where to go and can enter the cab thru the vent opening.

Dave ----

See what happens when you seal the drains, new floor pans, water has no place to go :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Sorry that sucks.

Are you sure the water is not coming in thru the kick panel vents?

If the cowl drains are not clean the water in the cowl has no where to go and can enter the cab thru the vent opening.

Dave ----

Dave

There are no cowl drains in place.

I sealed the whole bottom of the cowl, because with the fender cut off it's easy to access.

I'm going to pull the cover plate up beside the parking brake mechanism, and permanently glue it in place, unless I spot something obvious from there.

Dave

There are no cowl drains in place.

I sealed the whole bottom of the cowl, because with the fender cut off it's easy to access.

I'm going to pull the cover plate up beside the parking brake mechanism, and permanently glue it in place, unless I spot something obvious from there.

Nice work on the repairs Jim!

I left a bottom screw out of the vent panel cover last summer and water just poured in through it. With the water being on the shelf though, I've only seen that when the cowl channel had holes :nabble_smiley_sad: Doesn't look like it's coming in from the brake booster or any of the other firewall penetrations that may not be sealed well?

Then it looks like you'll have to drive them out and replace them.

I'm not worried about it since I'll be swapping the rear axle for a full-float anyway. The front should be easy enough with the hub disassembled when I go to install new rotors.

Nice work on the repairs Jim!

I left a bottom screw out of the vent panel cover last summer and water just poured in through it. With the water being on the shelf though, I've only seen that when the cowl channel had holes :nabble_smiley_sad: Doesn't look like it's coming in from the brake booster or any of the other firewall penetrations that may not be sealed well?

Scott,

All the screws were in place and the gasket 'seemed' good.

I had a heck of a time prying the plate off.

The cowl, up top, is good and we didn't see any rust when the windshield was out a month ago.

This has been a perpetual problem.

It isn't splash because the truck hasn't been driven.

I'm really at my wit's end.

Pics through both sides:

IMG_20200422_120831.thumb.jpg.8f20d59f8da759915db803a402acc8c8.jpg

IMG_20200422_120844.thumb.jpg.41d04ade8a1dee40ef84e8936da66e50.jpg

IMG_20200422_120855.thumb.jpg.04fd482348964ba3987b96fd826da21c.jpg

Scott,

All the screws were in place and the gasket 'seemed' good.

I had a heck of a time prying the plate off.

The cowl, up top, is good and we didn't see any rust when the windshield was out a month ago.

This has been a perpetual problem.

It isn't splash because the truck hasn't been driven.

I'm really at my wit's end.

Pics through both sides:

If the rain that just passed here is headed your way you'll be able to set in the cab and see where it is coming from. If not, maybe a hose?

If the rain that just passed here is headed your way you'll be able to set in the cab and see where it is coming from. If not, maybe a hose?

Did the windshield sealer not set right? What I would do, and this is what we do at Ford, is take your garden hose and set it on the roof of the truck and turn it on, then get in the truck and shut the door quickly, and start watching for leaks. Its easier if you have a helper.