Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I need to measure Big Blue tomorrow to see how much the front has dropped with the radiator support and two batteries. May not be measurable.

Probably not. I thought putting the bed on my truck would make a pretty sizable difference but the rear still sits way higher than I thought it would. Only thing I did was put factory 4" blocks in. I was planning on an AAL, but I'll wait until the end on that because it may not be necessary?

Probably not. I thought putting the bed on my truck would make a pretty sizable difference but the rear still sits way higher than I thought it would. Only thing I did was put factory 4" blocks in. I was planning on an AAL, but I'll wait until the end on that because it may not be necessary?

I had my old Bull out for a ride yesterday. The government has banned "Pleasure Drives" here, but it's probably more of a verbal warning than a legal one...I can't imagine the police enforcing it, and certainly not on any kind of scale. There were lot of cars out and about.

Has anybody else called their insurance company? I'm hearing rumors of there being potential discounts. People like my wife and I, both working from home and cars not moving...it's worth the ask I guess. My wife called them and they said they'd get back to us on the matter. Maybe this is only in Canada. Any word in the US?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/insurance-covid-19-1.5525986

I had my old Bull out for a ride yesterday. The government has banned "Pleasure Drives" here, but it's probably more of a verbal warning than a legal one...I can't imagine the police enforcing it, and certainly not on any kind of scale. There were lot of cars out and about.

Has anybody else called their insurance company? I'm hearing rumors of there being potential discounts. People like my wife and I, both working from home and cars not moving...it's worth the ask I guess. My wife called them and they said they'd get back to us on the matter. Maybe this is only in Canada. Any word in the US?

I haven't heard of any insurance discount down here in Illinois. I'm supposed to talk to my insurance guy beginning of next week via phone meeting for a yearly policy review. I'll be sure to ask.

Im looking at getting this gold colored "Built not bought" decal for my back window when I finish my '82.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n56360/Built_not_Bought.jpg

Im also looking at maybe doing one of the following decals.

I really am thinking "Slow Poke Rodriguez" would be quite fitting for the "stock" theme I am going for my '82 even though she will be far from stock.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n56360/s-l500.jpg

Speedy Gonzales was another option but I am not too sure.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n56360/s-l1600.png

Its just like I would love to get the Ford Racing badge but it wouldn't fit perfectly below the 150 in my F150 emblems and I think it would look out of place.http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n56360/M-16098-PBFP.jpg

Aside from all that, I got my wire in today with the mail. It is some high quality stuff cant believe how cheap it was for how much I got. Goes to show you, bulk buying is better than picking up from your local auto part stores.

I do like that wrench sticker. may looing into something for the rear window also.

As for the "Slow Poke Rodriguez" that would fit my truck to a "T".

300 six and a T18 / NP435 you cant shift fast it is slow :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Dave ----

Driving for a living there is not much driving I want to do for "pleasure" at this time.

I get that mostly driving the truck back n forth to work. More so the "forth" as I can roll the windows down, gets warm during the day and no AC yet, and being the sun is up get to see everything.

Also with a lot of people home the roads are a pleasure to drive on now.

As for the insurance I have heard on the radio yesterday when cutting the grass that State Farm, I think it is, is giving back money because of people not driving and because of that less crashes.

I got to say there is less traffic but I still see a lot of crashes so don't know how that will play out.

So far for the wife & I we are driving just a little less than before.

I am still working so driving to / from work and the wife does volunteers for Plant A Row growing food for food banks etc. She has only done 2 or 3 adaptions, paper work, for the pet foster group we belong to, a pet helps at times like this.

But the Saturday adaption events have been canceled.

Dave ----

Driving for a living there is not much driving I want to do for "pleasure" at this time.

I get that mostly driving the truck back n forth to work. More so the "forth" as I can roll the windows down, gets warm during the day and no AC yet, and being the sun is up get to see everything.

Also with a lot of people home the roads are a pleasure to drive on now.

As for the insurance I have heard on the radio yesterday when cutting the grass that State Farm, I think it is, is giving back money because of people not driving and because of that less crashes.

I got to say there is less traffic but I still see a lot of crashes so don't know how that will play out.

So far for the wife & I we are driving just a little less than before.

I am still working so driving to / from work and the wife does volunteers for Plant A Row growing food for food banks etc. She has only done 2 or 3 adaptions, paper work, for the pet foster group we belong to, a pet helps at times like this.

But the Saturday adaption events have been canceled.

Dave ----

I've got a bit of zinc fume fever this morning, but I'm back at welding in the floor an rocker in my cab.

Got set back by rain and ferocious winds.

MIG just doesn't work too well outside, and the flux core machine wants to burn through butt joints. (plus, it's dirty)

I'll have to hold off flap disc leveling on Easter morning.

That has me bouncing around, until I can grind those seams and add more pieces

I've got a bit of zinc fume fever this morning, but I'm back at welding in the floor an rocker in my cab.Got set back by rain and ferocious winds.MIG just doesn't work too well outside, and the flux core machine wants to burn through butt joints. (plus, it's dirty)I'll have to hold off flap disc leveling on Easter morning.That has me bouncing around, until I can grind those seams and add more pieces
Blessed Easter All,

Grace & Mercy & Peace,

Gregg MacDougall

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 8:56 AM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I've got a bit of zinc fume fever this morning, but I'm back at welding in the floor an rocker in my cab.

Got set back by rain and ferocious winds.

MIG just doesn't work too well outside, and the flux core machine wants to burn through butt joints. (plus, it's dirty)

I'll have to hold off flap disc leveling on Easter morning.

That has me bouncing around, until I can grind those seams and add more pieces

But welds? Is this a show truck where you should not see the weld seams?

I cheated and over lipped by about an inch.

I punched holes around the edges and spot welded it.

Seam seal top & bottom and coat with bed liner.

Once covered with a rubber mat or carpet who will see it?

20160320_171647.jpg.9431e53dab13fbdacfb44a0ab0e164cc.jpg

20160416_182644.jpg.8471c7ce95b74fa50b9131bd31b55332.jpg

20160422_162148.jpg.6eb766ad3ad766a73d971bcc3bb8ba32.jpg

20160422_162247.jpg.a0bb9fd4dbf0e589a3dbd7666605437b.jpg

Dave ----