Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Yesterday I picked up new oil & temp senders, Tstat & gasket, oil & filter as I am sure I will be home this week again.

Also a few weeks ago I had 170 pictures of the 650+ I took when building the truck and had them printed. I put them in a 240 photo album that I can display at shows showing all the work done BY ME when they ask who did the work.

I have guys at work saying clean truck or asking who did the work and are a little shocked that I say I did it, cab off frame, over 4 years in my garage and yes even the paint.

Now I can show them :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----

Dave - Do you have those pics electronically? Want to have your own page on here with those pics? Go look at Documentation/Picture Gallery to get the idea. I can put up a page for you and you can load them up, or I can do it for you.

Yesterday I picked up new oil & temp senders, Tstat & gasket, oil & filter as I am sure I will be home this week again.

Also a few weeks ago I had 170 pictures of the 650+ I took when building the truck and had them printed. I put them in a 240 photo album that I can display at shows showing all the work done BY ME when they ask who did the work.

I have guys at work saying clean truck or asking who did the work and are a little shocked that I say I did it, cab off frame, over 4 years in my garage and yes even the paint.

Now I can show them :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----

Yeah, it's always 'Pics or it didn't happen'

But now you get to enjoy the fruit of those four years.

It a truck that's uniquely you, Dave! :nabble_anim_jump:

Dave - Do you have those pics electronically? Want to have your own page on here with those pics? Go look at Documentation/Picture Gallery to get the idea. I can put up a page for you and you can load them up, or I can do it for you.

FuzzFace2...Feels good don't it Bro...Bill

Gary yes I do its the top link in my signature.

The bottom one is of the parts truck and I have a few from it in the album so people can see what partsI had to work with from the parts truck.

Like the nose, dash & wiring, rear gas tank and lines, bed for the floor.

I also gave away some parts from it that I knew I would not use, tail lights, rear step bumper, LWB frame and thing a few other things.

Dave ----

Yeah, it's always 'Pics or it didn't happen'

But now you get to enjoy the fruit of those four years.

It a truck that's uniquely you, Dave! :nabble_anim_jump:

FuzzFace2...Feels good don't it Bro...Bill

Thanks guys yep

I get to enjoy just about everyday.

I took it for the weekly trash run Saturday and then to the parts store next town over and on the way got 2 thumbs up and it is dirty from driving it in the rain and all the pollen.

There was to be a show just down the road from me that I wanted to go to and then think a cruse even closer to the house but was canceled, maybe next year?

Dave ----

Gary yes I do its the top link in my signature.

The bottom one is of the parts truck and I have a few from it in the album so people can see what partsI had to work with from the parts truck.

Like the nose, dash & wiring, rear gas tank and lines, bed for the floor.

I also gave away some parts from it that I knew I would not use, tail lights, rear step bumper, LWB frame and thing a few other things.

Dave ----

Dave - Loading several hundred up 9 at a time would be painful. Instead, if you have them in a folder or some such is there a way to give me temp access? I can point the Weebly app at the pics and it'll do everything for me.

Didn't do too much with mine today. Just washed it, lubed the tie rod and drag link pivots, and took the nut off of one of the axle pivots in preperation to change the bushing. Also replaced the upper bolts in the bumper where the winch mount attached.

Didn't do too much with mine today. Just washed it, lubed the tie rod and drag link pivots, and took the nut off of one of the axle pivots in preperation to change the bushing. Also replaced the upper bolts in the bumper where the winch mount attached.

I FINALLY was able to nail down the cam specs on the wiped cam I pulled out of my Modified. I was finally able to get through to someone.

Turns out the cam was manufactured and ground by Engine Power Components who are 1 of the 2 largest camshaft manufacturers in the US. They supply 90% of the worlds camshafts to every manufacturer, stock and aftermarket. After what seemed like a ghost cam to me, talking to Summit, Comp Cams, and everyone inbetween I was finally able to talk to a tech at EPC who was basically like oh hell yeah I know that grind number. After doing a little digging in their system, keep in mind there was 4,000 camshafts for the Cleveland engines they had to sort through, we finally found my grind number. I had measured the lobes myself yesterday so I was double confirmed.

Lift: .508/.508

Duration @ .050": 218/228

LSA: 114

Intake Centerline: 109

My suspicions were confirmed as I had estimated it was something around like what they provided me with based off what I knew of the engine. That being said the engine according to my dyno program, exactly what I thought it made for power, 300hp and 460tq. Butt feel I was saying 300 crank and 450tq. I was right.

Pretty happy I was able to come up with these specs as now I have something to base a replacement off of. The Comp Cams XE262H is damn near exactly the same, although I am looking into upgrading to an XE274H for about a 20hp gain.

Dave - Loading several hundred up 9 at a time would be painful. Instead, if you have them in a folder or some such is there a way to give me temp access? I can point the Weebly app at the pics and it'll do everything for me.

Gary,

I don't have them in a folder any where as I have them all on my web site.

I don't think there is a way to grant access other than full admin. and then I don't know what that would do other than be able to add / remove / add information to the pictures.

If there is something you want me to look deeper into let me know and I can see what I can do.

Could also be I am stupid LOL and don't know what I am looking at also?

Dave ----

Gary,

I don't have them in a folder any where as I have them all on my web site.

I don't think there is a way to grant access other than full admin. and then I don't know what that would do other than be able to add / remove / add information to the pictures.

If there is something you want me to look deeper into let me know and I can see what I can do.

Could also be I am stupid LOL and don't know what I am looking at also?

Dave ----

Took the truck to work this morning and needing gas I stopped just up the street.

Being prices are pretty low and the truck has been 'knocking" I went for the good stuff, high test!

1 tank had maybe 5 gal (front) and the other about 8 gal. (rear)

I like to run on the front tank to keep the weight over the rear for a little better ride for as long as I can not that it makes much difference.

I could tell right away no more knocking and it ran a whole lot better so I either need to look into the timing or see how it runs on the middle grade gas. This is 10%+ corn mix gas.

I also had the seat belt or what ever buzzer sound off for the first time when I started it up to come home. Kind of shocked me but think I will keep it if it stays working.

I also gave the truck a quick hose off at 2:30am at work to get the pollen off, it looks a lot better now.

Dave ----