Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Not my truck, but I'm helping a friend get his granddad's old '86 F150 running so he has something other than a Jetta to drive.

It's cosmetically in remarkable shape for having sat in their pasture for 8 years

It does look pretty good. Did you get it going? If so, what did you have to do?

It does look pretty good. Did you get it going? If so, what did you have to do?

It's not running just yet. The starter on it is totally dead, so that needs to get replaced as well as the spark plugs and fuel. I think it'll start and drive pretty easily once those things are sorted out.

It's not running just yet. The starter on it is totally dead, so that needs to get replaced as well as the spark plugs and fuel. I think it'll start and drive pretty easily once those things are sorted out.

If it's been sitting eight years you might want to put some Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders and SLOWLY rotate it over with a breaker bar.

This will help the rings free up, and scrape the rust off the cylinders.

If it isn't hydrolocked for some reason.

Bending a rod is never a good way to start a project.

If it's been sitting eight years you might want to put some Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders and SLOWLY rotate it over with a breaker bar.

This will help the rings free up, and scrape the rust off the cylinders.

If it isn't hydrolocked for some reason.

Bending a rod is never a good way to start a project.

My friend didn't have any Marvel Mystery Oil, but he did spray some PB Blaster in the spark plug holes and I turned the motor over by hand. It turned pretty freely, which is promising.

My friend didn't have any Marvel Mystery Oil, but he did spray some PB Blaster in the spark plug holes and I turned the motor over by hand. It turned pretty freely, which is promising.

That is pretty promising! 👍

At least you know that water didn't fill a cylinder from a missing hood seal.

Though I suspect only carb air cleaners have that problem.

That is pretty promising! 👍

At least you know that water didn't fill a cylinder from a missing hood seal.

Though I suspect only carb air cleaners have that problem.

Yesterday I picked up new oil & temp senders, Tstat & gasket, oil & filter as I am sure I will be home this week again.

Also a few weeks ago I had 170 pictures of the 650+ I took when building the truck and had them printed. I put them in a 240 photo album that I can display at shows showing all the work done BY ME when they ask who did the work.

I have guys at work saying clean truck or asking who did the work and are a little shocked that I say I did it, cab off frame, over 4 years in my garage and yes even the paint.

Now I can show them :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----