Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photo, Gary!

Thanks! Two very good subjects. However, if you've ever tried to take a pic of a black dog you'll know that getting such a good pic isn't easy. So, Photoshop Express on the iPhone came to the rescue. Just lighten the shadows, which happened to be the dog, and leave the mid-tones and highlights alone. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks! Two very good subjects. However, if you've ever tried to take a pic of a black dog you'll know that getting such a good pic isn't easy. So, Photoshop Express on the iPhone came to the rescue. Just lighten the shadows, which happened to be the dog, and leave the mid-tones and highlights alone. :nabble_smiley_good:

So not today, but more like 2 weeks ago...

I finished up the rear brake lines and flushed the brake fluid, so I thought I would treat the old girl to a nice wash while I grabbed a coffee...

When they were towel drying her off, the valve stem on the right rear tire broke off!! The rubber was so old an brittle it snapped clean off when being dried with a microfiber towel!!

So, long story short, I now have 5 new tires and a new spare wheel.... That takes care of my Christmas present and my next birthday too!!

Sorry about the picture rotation.. they look correct on my laptop :(

The poor girl was not very happy about me taking this snap....

IMG_9897.jpg.c0cdefd06033edeb162681b01204a44b.jpg

Nice new white letters !

IMG_9913.jpg.b8473b819921f562cf207df178278470.jpg

And next to the pretty lights :)

IMG_9914.jpg.9a34e2d0a987e6e1dfadfdb0e9835ba2.jpg

So not today, but more like 2 weeks ago...

I finished up the rear brake lines and flushed the brake fluid, so I thought I would treat the old girl to a nice wash while I grabbed a coffee...

When they were towel drying her off, the valve stem on the right rear tire broke off!! The rubber was so old an brittle it snapped clean off when being dried with a microfiber towel!!

So, long story short, I now have 5 new tires and a new spare wheel.... That takes care of my Christmas present and my next birthday too!!

Sorry about the picture rotation.. they look correct on my laptop :(

The poor girl was not very happy about me taking this snap....

Nice new white letters !

And next to the pretty lights :)

I like those wheels. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the pics, open them on a PC and then save them. Most PC software will recognize the camera orientation and when you save the pic will change it to a normal view.

I like those wheels. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the pics, open them on a PC and then save them. Most PC software will recognize the camera orientation and when you save the pic will change it to a normal view.

Thanks Gary, I will do that in the future and see how it works out. I do like the AR Outlaw 2 wheels and the Goodyear tires with the white letters set it off :). The spare is the same wheel/tire combo... A little excessive Christmas present :)

Your sister is 10 years younger than you? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Got more done on the truck but not till after getting the heater and a 40# tank setup as it was 30*f in the garage at 6am.

Got to say the heater works great! Under a half hour the temp was 40* and going up, oh the OAT was 30*f. I got the garage up to 50*f and cut it off. I did have to turn it back as it did drop back down to 40* and what I was doing was hard with a coat on.

Oh the wife came in and asked what it was, I did not tell her I bought it, not too upset.

As for the truck it was behind the dash work.

First was to figure out the vacuum lines for the factory AC/HVAC system as I had nothing to go by, it was removed before I got the truck.

Some hunting and hope I got it right, if not I can get to it thru the radio opening.

White goes to the engine bay motor

Blue to the single motor in the cab

Red to the side of the 2 port motor

Yellow to the top of the 2 port motor

After getting the vacuum lines and the temp cable hooked to the HVAC control it was fun time to get it up in place.

I can see why they cut/broke the dash to get the HVAC panel out. I had to remove the floor duct work to get the panel up into place. When the duct work went back in some of the wiring was in the was so unplug and reroute.

I also mounted the gauge cluster then had to pull it later to hook up the speedo cable.

With all that done I washed the steering column & wheel and installed it but not with out issues.

That is when I found the speedo cable when I hooked up the turn & IGN wires. Then found the turn & IGN wires had to be run a different way so unplug and move them.

I had to dig thru my parts bins for parts needed to do all the above and pulled out other part for the next phase.

Money shot :nabble_anim_jump:

20171217_163427.jpg.a2f689968119008b4aa9bfd9149f15a7.jpg

I laid the dash cover over the dash pad I am working on just to see what it looks like. The cover looks great just a little darker than the dash I painted.

Dave ----

Got more done on the truck but not till after getting the heater and a 40# tank setup as it was 30*f in the garage at 6am.

Got to say the heater works great! Under a half hour the temp was 40* and going up, oh the OAT was 30*f. I got the garage up to 50*f and cut it off. I did have to turn it back as it did drop back down to 40* and what I was doing was hard with a coat on.

Oh the wife came in and asked what it was, I did not tell her I bought it, not too upset.

As for the truck it was behind the dash work.

First was to figure out the vacuum lines for the factory AC/HVAC system as I had nothing to go by, it was removed before I got the truck.

Some hunting and hope I got it right, if not I can get to it thru the radio opening.

White goes to the engine bay motor

Blue to the single motor in the cab

Red to the side of the 2 port motor

Yellow to the top of the 2 port motor

After getting the vacuum lines and the temp cable hooked to the HVAC control it was fun time to get it up in place.

I can see why they cut/broke the dash to get the HVAC panel out. I had to remove the floor duct work to get the panel up into place. When the duct work went back in some of the wiring was in the was so unplug and reroute.

I also mounted the gauge cluster then had to pull it later to hook up the speedo cable.

With all that done I washed the steering column & wheel and installed it but not with out issues.

That is when I found the speedo cable when I hooked up the turn & IGN wires. Then found the turn & IGN wires had to be run a different way so unplug and move them.

I had to dig thru my parts bins for parts needed to do all the above and pulled out other part for the next phase.

Money shot :nabble_anim_jump:

I laid the dash cover over the dash pad I am working on just to see what it looks like. The cover looks great just a little darker than the dash I painted.

Dave ----

Page 82 here says you got it right: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/heating-ventilation--air-conditioning.html.

On the heater for the garage, be careful with the moisture that the heater produces. Lots of condensation on the cold parts. And, there's the carbon monoxide as well.

Anyway, I'm jealous of your progress. :nabble_smiley_good: