Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Keep us updated on the treadwrights. Like you, Ive heard mixed reviews.

Personally, its hard for me to take that chance. Ive been looking up the cheap chinese mud tires that have been popping up everywhere recently.

Nankang (?) Is one of the brands. Dirt lifestyle on youtube has some reviews from driving and off roading with a set. This is probably the direction I will go for my next purchase. Online, ive seen 4 30x10.5x15s shipped for 600. I just bought a spare that cost me 300.

Ouch. Dont want to do that again.

I'm running these on my Ranger, and have no complaints about them. These are my second set. They're not obnoxious for an MT, mileage seems to be okay, and they hold their own offroad. I can't justify spending $1200 for a name, since I previously ran Goodyear Duratracs and couldn't keep tread on them past 25k. These are cheaper, are a bigger size, and lasted almost twice as long as my Duratracs did.

I am lucky in as much as the school buses here run the same size tires as Darth, they are easy to find and not too horrible. I have had the front ones on since Dec 2014, so 5 years and they still have plenty of tread. They are heavier load rating (E vs D) but are cheaper than ordering LR D tires.

I am lucky in as much as the school buses here run the same size tires as Darth, they are easy to find and not too horrible. I have had the front ones on since Dec 2014, so 5 years and they still have plenty of tread. They are heavier load rating (E vs D) but are cheaper than ordering LR D tires.

My truck calls for E, but I think 215 too narrow for my rims, and I need something to deal with mud & snow.

That load of tools + concrete last week was definitely a bit above and beyond the usual for me.

That snowflake/mountain logo inspires a bit of confidence.

My truck calls for E, but I think 215 too narrow for my rims, and I need something to deal with mud & snow.

That load of tools + concrete last week was definitely a bit above and beyond the usual for me.

That snowflake/mountain logo inspires a bit of confidence.

Just spent the last three hours removing the passenger side I-beam pivot bracket from my frame. I HATE bucked rivets. I've probably removed at least 50 at this point in my lifetime and I really don't care to do any more. :nabble_smiley_angry:

Just spent the last three hours removing the passenger side I-beam pivot bracket from my frame. I HATE bucked rivets. I've probably removed at least 50 at this point in my lifetime and I really don't care to do any more. :nabble_smiley_angry:

I had not used the truck since a few days after new year to work I loaded the weekly trash in the bed and took a drive to the dump.

Took a bit to get gas to the carb but once there it fired right up.

Even shifted good, it must know a new trany will be here come Sunday LOL

Dave ----

I got my truck the Maddox ball joint press at Horrid Fate today.

The 'C' is steel, and I've been assured that it is up to the task.

Closing in on a few days of intensive surgery before I have to leave for PA.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n47792/IMG_20200112_161033.jpg

Did you use this yet? I just bought the maddox set for brakes and calipers on sale. Figured I would give it a shot vs the old C-clamp this weekend.

Personally, its hard for me to take that chance. Ive been looking up the cheap chinese mud tires that have been popping up everywhere recently.

Nankang (?) Is one of the brands. Dirt lifestyle on youtube has some reviews from driving and off roading with a set. This is probably the direction I will go for my next purchase. Online, ive seen 4 30x10.5x15s shipped for 600. I just bought a spare that cost me 300.

https://www.hussale.com/mudstar-mt-radial-nankang-31-10-50-15

The number of actual tire manufacturers is like batteries... there actually isn't that many. You will find a lot of tires made by the same companies under different names. Like the bargain priced Solar tires at Walmart are actually made by Sumitomo. You can actually go to safercar.gov and compare every tire sold in the US. I've been looking at Hankook tires myself.

The number of actual tire manufacturers is like batteries... there actually isn't that many. You will find a lot of tires made by the same companies under different names. Like the bargain priced Solar tires at Walmart are actually made by Sumitomo. You can actually go to safercar.gov and compare every tire sold in the US. I've been looking at Hankook tires myself.

Didn't do a thing on any truck today. In fact, I didn't get out to the shop other than to retrieve the USB DVD drive. That's 'cause I took the day to set my laptop up as a replacement for Janey's antiquated desktop. And the DVD drive did the trick to install the several apps she has for quilting and sewing.

But, I did make a bit of progress toward getting Big Blue going. The nuts with which to hold the spindles on came in. As previously reported, I got 50 7/16-20 prevailing torque lock nuts for $11. So tomorrow I'm hoping to get wheels on him. :nabble_anim_jump:

Didn't do a thing on any truck today. In fact, I didn't get out to the shop other than to retrieve the USB DVD drive. That's 'cause I took the day to set my laptop up as a replacement for Janey's antiquated desktop. And the DVD drive did the trick to install the several apps she has for quilting and sewing.

But, I did make a bit of progress toward getting Big Blue going. The nuts with which to hold the spindles on came in. As previously reported, I got 50 7/16-20 prevailing torque lock nuts for $11. So tomorrow I'm hoping to get wheels on him. :nabble_anim_jump:

Rolling is a big check on my list! :nabble_smiley_good:

Nope.

Came home Thursday to a 30+" oak tree downed because of 50 mph wind gusts.

15* waking this morning, 17 now with 30 mph gusts.

Definitely no time to be messing with bearings or ANYTHING that needs kept clean, while laying in a grit paddock.