Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I can't imagine!

I had a studio in the bad section back in the day.

After the first burglary I went shopping at the surplus store. :nabble_smiley_uh:

Between the runway approach strobe that you could feel from 40' away and the air raid warning siren that would make your ears bleed in an enclosed space I never had another problem after once coming back to everyone in the building out on the street.

I made a little (200mile) detour to meet up with Bill this morning.

'The Giving Truck' keeps on giving good parts to new homes. :nabble_anim_handshake:

IMG_20171120_102158.jpg.1cb9ad125aa6b229a0683d18fbeee203.jpg

IMG_20171120_093746.jpg.35f72311e173a800245c74408a6cb16d.jpg

It was REALLY nice to finally meet him!

I wish him the best with his craft fair project and hope the winds in Virginia are not as strong as they were in New England, or it may get blown down.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'The Giving Truck' keeps on giving good parts to new homes. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I wish him the best with his craft fair project and hope the winds in Virginia are not as strong as they were in New England, or it may get blown down.

I recognize Darth, so I guess that’s Bill? Cool!

Yes, that truck has given a lot to several. 👍

Glad your trip went well, and hope Bill’s did as well.

Jim, the craft fair is indoors and Dec 2nd. Hope the rest of your trip went well, good to finally put a face and truck to the name.

Jim, the craft fair is indoors and Dec 2nd. Hope the rest of your trip went well, good to finally put a face and truck to the name.

I lost a hubcap today.

(David, if you have a line on a 4x4 front -type 3- for 16" wheel with D44 size lockout...)

I also tried to remember a pic of reverse lights, but I parked in a leaf pile...

IMG_20171124_171523.thumb.jpg.0c2a4443ee943e4b74e03ea409262b5e.jpg

I lost a hubcap today.

(David, if you have a line on a 4x4 front -type 3- for 16" wheel with D44 size lockout...)

I also tried to remember a pic of reverse lights, but I parked in a leaf pile...

Bummer on the hubcap. As for the backup lights, even in the leaves they look good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Bummer on the hubcap. As for the backup lights, even in the leaves they look good! :nabble_smiley_good:

But you can only see the 20' or so to the pile.

I want you to see how they look 50' -or more- back. :nabble_smiley_good:

I drilled and tapped the cap on either side of my receiver cross tube.

This put them high enough that the bumper acts as a glare shield and far enough under that they are not prone to getting clipped.

But you can only see the 20' or so to the pile.

I want you to see how they look 50' -or more- back. :nabble_smiley_good:

I drilled and tapped the cap on either side of my receiver cross tube.

This put them high enough that the bumper acts as a glare shield and far enough under that they are not prone to getting clipped.

To see twenty feet behind Big Blue would be wonderful. And fifty feet would be unbelievable.

I like the idea of getting them high enough to use the bumper as a shield, and the receiver should be just about right. Good thinking!

To see twenty feet behind Big Blue would be wonderful. And fifty feet would be unbelievable.

I like the idea of getting them high enough to use the bumper as a shield, and the receiver should be just about right. Good thinking!

Not much to show of what I did for getting out there at 5AM. Part of that was it was 30* out side and 34* in my garage.

First was to dig out the electric oil radiator heater. It was good to stand over and rest your cold hands on to warm up when ever I walked by for tools.

Dug out the batt. that came in the truck from under the work table. Showed about 11 volts so put the charger on it wile I worked on the truck. It is about 2 years old so guess it was put in just before I bought the truck?

Finished hooking the ALT had to make 2 jumper wires as the plug on the harness did not match the ALT and I don't have the money for the 3G at this time.

Finished running the heater hose so I can fill the cooling system now.

Then looked into running vacuum lines and came to a screeching halt when the hose I had was the wrong size to fit what I knew how it went.

Looked into how the rest of the vacuum lines should be run and to see what it would take to fix it.

This took a lot of time.

Looked at radio wire colors for a thread on here.

Checked the batt. after it had time to "cool the surface charge" and my late 70's FoxValley meter went up slowly to about 11 then pegged and stayed there when removed from the batt so I freaked me out!

I got it to come back to 0 then checked with a DVOM and had 12.54v. I think it was too cold for the FoxValley meter. When it got warmer in the garage I used it again and was fine and also showed 12.5v.

Last thing I did was go thru my storage bins and pulled out the gauge clusters and bezels. I want to clean them and check them over to see what parts I will use. Wife was not happy when I came into the house with them.

Dave ----

Not much to show of what I did for getting out there at 5AM. Part of that was it was 30* out side and 34* in my garage.

First was to dig out the electric oil radiator heater. It was good to stand over and rest your cold hands on to warm up when ever I walked by for tools.

Dug out the batt. that came in the truck from under the work table. Showed about 11 volts so put the charger on it wile I worked on the truck. It is about 2 years old so guess it was put in just before I bought the truck?

Finished hooking the ALT had to make 2 jumper wires as the plug on the harness did not match the ALT and I don't have the money for the 3G at this time.

Finished running the heater hose so I can fill the cooling system now.

Then looked into running vacuum lines and came to a screeching halt when the hose I had was the wrong size to fit what I knew how it went.

Looked into how the rest of the vacuum lines should be run and to see what it would take to fix it.

This took a lot of time.

Looked at radio wire colors for a thread on here.

Checked the batt. after it had time to "cool the surface charge" and my late 70's FoxValley meter went up slowly to about 11 then pegged and stayed there when removed from the batt so I freaked me out!

I got it to come back to 0 then checked with a DVOM and had 12.54v. I think it was too cold for the FoxValley meter. When it got warmer in the garage I used it again and was fine and also showed 12.5v.

Last thing I did was go thru my storage bins and pulled out the gauge clusters and bezels. I want to clean them and check them over to see what parts I will use. Wife was not happy when I came into the house with them.

Dave ----

Gotta keep the wife happy. Maybe she needs a project done?

As for the alternator, surely it is a 1G - right? External regulator and fan?