Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I have a Craftsman upright one I bought used on a local sales site. It had a simple fitting, so I added the setup I had on my old 220V one I had in NN. The compressor puts out 125psi at it's cutoff, I usually regulate it down to 100 psi for most use.

I still have that exact same compressor! I bought it new at Sears in 2005.

Chris, your garage floor looks FANTASTIC!

You could eat off it (and I have done WAY worse)

it's been a long time since discussion of winch mounting happened on FTE.

Glad to see lots of chips. Even the water brought in from the rain on the sole of your shoe will put you on your ...

Thanks for stopping by!:nabble_waving_orig:

We miss seeing Max. (man, if anything dates me. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:)

Didn't snap any photos tonight, but I finished getting the front of the fresh cleaned up and sprayed it all with Rustoleum Rust Reformer. Also got the radius arms, i-beams, and spindles started along with some engine brackets. I'll get top coat on that stuff tomorrow along with painting calipers and rotors.

Fords4life - What are you top-coating with? I've not used that Rustoleum product, so don't know the drill, but does it have to be top-coated within a certain time? POR15, for instance, has to be top-coated while it is still soft or you have to scuff it to get anything to stick to it.

Chris - I had essentially the same compressor as well, although mine was the horizontal config. But it was probably the same other than that. Worked well, but I got the big, quiet unit and finally gave the Craftsman to my brother. He still uses it.

Fords4life - What are you top-coating with? I've not used that Rustoleum product, so don't know the drill, but does it have to be top-coated within a certain time? POR15, for instance, has to be top-coated while it is still soft or you have to scuff it to get anything to stick to it.

Chris - I had essentially the same compressor as well, although mine was the horizontal config. But it was probably the same other than that. Worked well, but I got the big, quiet unit and finally gave the Craftsman to my brother. He still uses it.

Just using Rustoleum automotive enamel. Only timeframe is not applying any other paint for 24 hours.

Just using Rustoleum automotive enamel. Only timeframe is not applying any other paint for 24 hours.

Thanks. That's easier than having to catch something like POR15 while it is still soft. Let us know how it goes, please.

Today I fired my truck up for the first time since getting back from Oklahoma. That was a fun trip, but I'd still had enough of the truck to last me a while. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Also, I finally evicted this guy from the cabin:

IMG_0878.jpg.62524f2c0d664ebbea025a55b0669a76.jpg

I first noticed him just as I was about to reach the Oklahoma state line, as he was crawling behind the instrument cluster bezel. :nabble_smiley_argh: I saw him once more as I was headed to the Corvette Museum in KY, but I wasn't able to get to him before he disappeared into the A/C. When I got into the truck today there he was, up on the A-pillar trim with no place to hide - I hope he enjoys his new life in the CVS parking lot.

Today I fired my truck up for the first time since getting back from Oklahoma. That was a fun trip, but I'd still had enough of the truck to last me a while. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Also, I finally evicted this guy from the cabin:

I first noticed him just as I was about to reach the Oklahoma state line, as he was crawling behind the instrument cluster bezel. :nabble_smiley_argh: I saw him once more as I was headed to the Corvette Museum in KY, but I wasn't able to get to him before he disappeared into the A/C. When I got into the truck today there he was, up on the A-pillar trim with no place to hide - I hope he enjoys his new life in the CVS parking lot.

Glad you found him and were finally able to evict him. But, what is he? And did he come from Georgia?

Glad you found him and were finally able to evict him. But, what is he? And did he come from Georgia?

It's a stink bug of some kind, possibly a Brown Marmorated stink bug, but I don't know for certain. And for all I know he may well have made the ride out there from GA and back again...but since I first saw him in OK I'm assuming that's his home. :nabble_smiley_happy:

It's a stink bug of some kind, possibly a Brown Marmorated stink bug, but I don't know for certain. And for all I know he may well have made the ride out there from GA and back again...but since I first saw him in OK I'm assuming that's his home. :nabble_smiley_happy:

We do have stink bugs, so maybe he came from here. But I don't like them, so glad you took him away. :nabble_anim_claps:

Don't know where this belongs but Horrid Fate has a $10 coupon (#23681520) for its 40" folding step/bench/work platform making it $39.99.

Seems a good deal to me.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n39249/56203_W3.jpg

I wanted to get 2 of them to paint my cab, 1 for each side so I would not have to move it around along with the air hose & spray gun but HF did not have any but could order and maybe get it in a week. I went to Northern Tool and they had 2 in stock.

They are a little high to step up on and the little "ladder" for the legs are too short between rungs.

They worked great for painting and make a great bench seat to sit on.

Dave ----