Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

They've got to be better than mine.

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/file/n3835/IMG_20171110_103003.jpg

If you do replace your belts and going to trash them I am looking for 2 male & 2 female latches assy. don't need the webbing just the latches assy.

I got a plan for them on my truck if they will work.

I am in no rush I just hate to cut up a good set of belts even from the JY.

Dave ----

Dave, I have some extra left overs I will dig out and get pictures for you.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks

I am looking for ones that are trashed/ripped/etc. and not really safe to use as I only need the buckle parts and would be cutting the webbing off so nothing that someone can use.

Dave ----

Thanks

I am looking for ones that are trashed/ripped/etc. and not really safe to use as I only need the buckle parts and would be cutting the webbing off so nothing that someone can use.

Dave ----

I put in 12 hours on the bed I am making into a useable one. Style Side floor and Flare Side sides.

A lot of fitting & trimming of parts from both to make work.

Had to find what bin I put the FS bed bolts in, was the last one I looked in.

Also chased the threads for the tail gate hinge, 1 has a broken what looks like a wood screw in it still. I am going to try and weld a nut on it and hope it comes out.

Tried to bend the floor over to meet the FS rear panel but did not like how it came out so need to re-think how I am going to finish it off. Thinking "L" weld on the outside edge and grind if smooth.

Hope today to get everything fitted so I can break out the welder and weld what needs welding. Then I get to pull it all apart so I can fix the front panel & side panels where the rust/rot is.

No pictures as it looked like I did nothing :(

Dave ----

This morning (19° brrr) I gasket matched one head.

Carbide scribe works well, but mine is magnetic.

This was never a problem with aluminum heads..... :nabble_smiley_what:

I really need to make a vacuum adapter and led light that fits in the port from the other side.

I did find that a dusting of flat black paint helped me judge where I was cutting.

pic's to post in the 460 build.

This is after keeping Theo company on the graveyard shift.

I brought him a new headlight and a 4 pack of 2000 mAh 14500 cells w/ charger.

The job is so much easier with both hands free.

This morning (19° brrr) I gasket matched one head.

Carbide scribe works well, but mine is magnetic.

This was never a problem with aluminum heads..... :nabble_smiley_what:

I really need to make a vacuum adapter and led light that fits in the port from the other side.

I did find that a dusting of flat black paint helped me judge where I was cutting.

pic's to post in the 460 build.

This is after keeping Theo company on the graveyard shift.

I brought him a new headlight and a 4 pack of 2000 mAh 14500 cells w/ charger.

The job is so much easier with both hands free.

Warning eye candy to follow :nabble_anim_claps:

Was able to put a few more hours in on the bed.

I picked up the needed hardware for the front running board brackets to front cross member but did not measure or drill holes yet, hope to do that tomorrow.

So the rear of the bed started like this

20171110_072534.jpg.c7153ef2f36dd8e965d05446f89ea4bd.jpg

with this much over hang

20171105_164436.jpg.756b927bbe4c935f67daaf336c4a4def.jpg

Back side of rear style side panel. This bed bolt brace is spot welded to the rear panel and the rear cross member.

20171110_072643.jpg.a28361fa4858b9123efdd7cb63c5f68c.jpg

Rear panel cut away and the bed bolt brace left to weld the flare side rear panel to.

20171110_082447.jpg.6acad0c051d5f894f26e9a736869e915.jpg

Bed bolt brace trimmed some to fit rear panel. Note the triangle part on the right side. That is part of the rear cross member to rear side panel support the keeps the back sides upright.

20171110_184427.jpg.db1e48c7475ceea75fae11f15ec8e31e.jpg

20171110_184420.jpg.ab15579ff5190ab589985f9bbe535f36.jpg

After more trimming on the bed bolt brackets I was able to get the flair side rear panel bolted in place.

20171111_133729.jpg.4acaaf9a69a185240792bd124425a14b.jpg

I also pulled the rear bumper inside the garage a few days back.

It had a steel channel as wide as the bumper to support the trailer hitch and it weighed a ton. Had to use MAP gas to heat the nuts up to get them off. I also took my BFH to the bumper to straighten it out as it was bent up. It looks good enough but someone drilled holes in the face of the bumper for the tag so it is junk. I may weld up the holes and paint the bumper to save $$

I also have 2 bent front bumpers and may try and straighten & paint 1 of them too.

Dave ----

Warning eye candy to follow :nabble_anim_claps:

Was able to put a few more hours in on the bed.

I picked up the needed hardware for the front running board brackets to front cross member but did not measure or drill holes yet, hope to do that tomorrow.

So the rear of the bed started like this

with this much over hang

Back side of rear style side panel. This bed bolt brace is spot welded to the rear panel and the rear cross member.

Rear panel cut away and the bed bolt brace left to weld the flare side rear panel to.

Bed bolt brace trimmed some to fit rear panel. Note the triangle part on the right side. That is part of the rear cross member to rear side panel support the keeps the back sides upright.

After more trimming on the bed bolt brackets I was able to get the flair side rear panel bolted in place.

I also pulled the rear bumper inside the garage a few days back.

It had a steel channel as wide as the bumper to support the trailer hitch and it weighed a ton. Had to use MAP gas to heat the nuts up to get them off. I also took my BFH to the bumper to straighten it out as it was bent up. It looks good enough but someone drilled holes in the face of the bumper for the tag so it is junk. I may weld up the holes and paint the bumper to save $$

I also have 2 bent front bumpers and may try and straighten & paint 1 of them too.

Dave ----

Well done! You are really making progress. :nabble_smiley_good:

And progress is good!

Thanks guys

I still have a lot more that needs to be done on the bed before I can think of painting it.

Have to clean up and weld the rear panel to bed brace, the triangle parts are bolted to the bed like stock (they are from the flare side) but need to be welded to the style side cross member, front running board L's & triangles (flare side again) need to be bolted to front cross member and the final floor side trimming so they don't over hang the side like they do now.

Then I get to work on the flare sides lip that bolts to the floor and the front panel that rusted out across the bottom.

I have also been thinking on maybe using the parts truck rear cab wall for a tail gate. I know it is wide enough just have to measure if high enough. Got to do what needs to be done with what I have all with no $$.

AC fire wall, bed floor, why not a tail gate?

Dave ----

Thanks guys

I still have a lot more that needs to be done on the bed before I can think of painting it.

Have to clean up and weld the rear panel to bed brace, the triangle parts are bolted to the bed like stock (they are from the flare side) but need to be welded to the style side cross member, front running board L's & triangles (flare side again) need to be bolted to front cross member and the final floor side trimming so they don't over hang the side like they do now.

Then I get to work on the flare sides lip that bolts to the floor and the front panel that rusted out across the bottom.

I have also been thinking on maybe using the parts truck rear cab wall for a tail gate. I know it is wide enough just have to measure if high enough. Got to do what needs to be done with what I have all with no $$.

AC fire wall, bed floor, why not a tail gate?

Dave ----

Wow! That would be innovative! :nabble_smiley_good:

Wow! That would be innovative! :nabble_smiley_good:

Sunday I got the front running boards on the bed bolted up and did the same to the front bed side braces to front cross member.

Running board bracket to front bed cross member.

20171112_125835.jpg.4ba166ad8fca9d8ad00193294ca92b1c.jpg

Front side brace to front cross member.

20171112_125853.jpg.40f1111ca4c57ae16552383fc35ec281.jpg

20171112_125909.jpg.8cb7692ca522e02fb500524bf23431c5.jpg

Cant tell you how many times I have been up & down off the creeper last 2 days. Because of that, that is all I had in me for the day.

I did check over my parts truck scrap metal pile for metal I can use to repair the lower part of the beds front panel. Think I can use 1 of the style side cross members cut down to fix it.

Also think I can use the cabs rear wall for a tail gate. Should be big enough just don't know if strong enough once it is cut away from the main cab.

Dave ----