Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Finally you are getting to do some work for yourself. 👍

As for me and my trucks, nada. I won’t bore you with the back-to-back things that had me completely worn out at the end of the day. But as we left town on a very tight schedule I dropped off the ‘84 and ‘85 EVTM’s at the shipping/printing/scanning place. And as we drove by coming home at the end of the day I picked up the thumb drive with the ‘85 on it and will get the ‘84 today.

In a few days I’ll add those two EVTM’s to the site. And at that point we will lack the 1980, ‘82, and ‘83 from having a full set. An advantage of having a full set is that it gives us more insight into when changes were made. And one of those that needs exploring is, as Bill suggested, the 460 fuel systems. Maybe with the master parts catalog, the TSB’s, and the EVTM’s we can document the various versions and help people determine what they have and how it is plumbed & wired.

No, not really..... unfortunately.

I came to my container early and pulled the valves.

I have to do some building complex maintenance here, and then go do rot repair for a painter.

Then go meet a client.

Then a realtor.

Then meet with my roofer , and possibly help my ex - MIL move.

Gary, I hear you will be busy too.

You've got mail. Lol

Sorry if the foam is a little shredded.

I was in a rush and just wanted to get it packed in there.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally you are getting to do some work for yourself. 👍

As for me and my trucks, nada. I won’t bore you with the back-to-back things that had me completely worn out at the end of the day. But as we left town on a very tight schedule I dropped off the ‘84 and ‘85 EVTM’s at the shipping/printing/scanning place. And as we drove by coming home at the end of the day I picked up the thumb drive with the ‘85 on it and will get the ‘84 today.

In a few days I’ll add those two EVTM’s to the site. And at that point we will lack the 1980, ‘82, and ‘83 from having a full set. An advantage of having a full set is that it gives us more insight into when changes were made. And one of those that needs exploring is, as Bill suggested, the 460 fuel systems. Maybe with the master parts catalog, the TSB’s, and the EVTM’s we can document the various versions and help people determine what they have and how it is plumbed & wired.

No, not really..... unfortunately.

I came to my container early and pulled the valves.

I have to do some building complex maintenance here, and then go do rot repair for a painter.

Then go meet a client.

Then a realtor.

Then meet with my roofer , and possibly help my ex - MIL move.

Gary, I hear you will be busy too.

You've got mail. Lol

Sorry if the foam is a little shredded.

I was in a rush and just wanted to get it packed in there.

I think “will have mail” is closer. I have the Radio Flyer all tuned up and gassed to make the trip from the front door to the shop. 😉

But your day sounds as busy as mine was yesterday. As a retiree I don’t do that very often. Got home just in time to go to church, and almost napped during class. 🙁

I think “will have mail” is closer. I have the Radio Flyer all tuned up and gassed to make the trip from the front door to the shop. 😉

But your day sounds as busy as mine was yesterday. As a retiree I don’t do that very often. Got home just in time to go to church, and almost napped during class. 🙁

Well, Jim was only slightly premature in predicting at 7:00 AM that I "had mail". It came at 12:09 PM:

DSCN2650.thumb.jpg.9827b644331d32c5e13141aacf818f75.jpg

And, it was perfectly packed. Nothing was damaged in any way. What a stand-up guy! :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Please remind me what I'm supposed to fish out of this jar of fasteners and send back to you? The seat belts are dry enough now (I washed them) to ship, so maybe I can get things boxed up and sent back to you tomorrow.

Well, Jim was only slightly premature in predicting at 7:00 AM that I "had mail". It came at 12:09 PM:

And, it was perfectly packed. Nothing was damaged in any way. What a stand-up guy! :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Please remind me what I'm supposed to fish out of this jar of fasteners and send back to you? The seat belts are dry enough now (I washed them) to ship, so maybe I can get things boxed up and sent back to you tomorrow.

Gary, I think the motor mount bolts and the bellhousing bolts are in that little jar.

Be sure you have all the correct fasteners for the crossmember.

As I said I couldn't get the bolts out of the top side of the rail because of the utility body.

Gary, I think the motor mount bolts and the bellhousing bolts are in that little jar.

Be sure you have all the correct fasteners for the crossmember.

As I said I couldn't get the bolts out of the top side of the rail because of the utility body.

Ok, I'll match the motor mount and bell housing bolts with one I take out of the huck. But, on "motor mount" do you mean those to the block or those holding the mount to the perch? (I hate to be difficult, but that's just me. :nabble_smiley_cool:)

Ok, I'll match the motor mount and bell housing bolts with one I take out of the huck. But, on "motor mount" do you mean those to the block or those holding the mount to the perch? (I hate to be difficult, but that's just me. :nabble_smiley_cool:)

Maybe Janey can store sewing supplies in the empty totes, after you wash them!!! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Maybe Janey can store sewing supplies in the empty totes, after you wash them!!! :nabble_smiley_evil:

You think she'd worry about a little brake fluid, or grease, or motor oil? :nabble_smiley_argh:

Actually, I have 3 brand new totes we picked up in STL that were sitting on the shop floor when you were here. They haven't had anything but another tote in them, so she may like them. Good idea! :nabble_smiley_good:

The two mount to perch nuts from each side.

Bell bolts are six, and they are the only ones 7/16-14

I use 1 and some times 2 totes for recycling. I dump the house can into them as they fit in my truck better than the too tall house can.

I also used 4 or 5 to put parts in when I pulled a part my 2 - 81 trucks.

Now I marked the bags the parts went in but did I mark the totes........NOOOOO!

I still have more totes I have not unpacked because I don't need what is in them and think 5+ stacked in the house garage I can use when needed.

Yes I bought a S*** load of them when we moved from CT to NC.

Dave ----

20171104_165244.jpg.c521083aa47580b89f5aa2a9f40a6da0.jpg

Glad to see everything made it okay. :nabble_smiley_good:

The crossmember box looks a little crunched, but I doubt there's anything you could do to hurt that.