Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Bill - Yes, I can use the bracket and switch, but why not use an OD indicator from an AOD? I have one that will fit Dad's column perfectly.

As for the OD switch, I have it and the bezel. The bezel for the switch itself is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2", and the area on the Bullnose instrument bezel where the fog light would have gone is 2 3/4" tall and 3" wide. :nabble_smiley_good:

I was also thinking about the gates, the E4OD shifter sequence is P R N OD 2 1, AOD is P R N OD 3 1. The indicator section may fit as I don't really thing the basic column changed from 1980-1991, just the switch, gear gates and indicator along with the removable mounting bracket. It looks like the 90 has a tilt column, but it may just be the way the picture was taken.

I was also thinking about the gates, the E4OD shifter sequence is P R N OD 2 1, AOD is P R N OD 3 1. The indicator section may fit as I don't really thing the basic column changed from 1980-1991, just the switch, gear gates and indicator along with the removable mounting bracket. It looks like the 90 has a tilt column, but it may just be the way the picture was taken.

Ok, I'll check into it. Thanks.

PLEASE, PLEASE,

PLEASE

don't rush on my part!

Yes,

But I need the space (and money)

I have to move all of your totes and Bill's dash out of my shipping container just to get into it, to get the tools and materials I need every day.

So , out, get stuff, back in, go to work, move it out, replace tools & stuff, put all your & Bill's stuff back in, go home, wake, repeat....

.it's a huge pain in the back and sometimes I have to do it more than twice a day.

I want it gone.

Yes,

But I need the space (and money)

I have to move all of your totes and Bill's dash out of my shipping container just to get into it, to get the tools and materials I need every day.

So , out, get stuff, back in, go to work, move it out, replace tools & stuff, put all your & Bill's stuff back in, go home, wake, repeat....

.it's a huge pain in the back and sometimes I have to do it more than twice a day.

I want it gone.

Ohhh, I see. Ok, but on your own time. I’m in no hurry.

That should do it. 👍

Today's the day for a winter oil change.

Rotella T6 5w40 is on sale at Advance for $16.99 a gallon.

I'm at work now, but hope to get back and redistribute your parts.

Wish I had a scale. Think if I lose 10# from the light bin and then make the other two about equal, I should be okay

Today's the day for a winter oil change.

Rotella T6 5w40 is on sale at Advance for $16.99 a gallon.

I'm at work now, but hope to get back and redistribute your parts.

Wish I had a scale. Think if I lose 10# from the light bin and then make the other two about equal, I should be okay

Getting ready for round two at FedEx.

I hope I have enough $ to pay for it

IMG_20171104_135539.thumb.jpg.d0dec52b0279b5ded0e4119a48d70477.jpg

Can we just bill it to me? Call me and I'll give them my credit card #.

Spent 11 hours on the bed today and does not look like I did anything to it.

A lot of fitting, removing panels, trimming/grinding & refitting when on the horses.

Once I was happy with the fitting of panels to floor I lifted the sides panels and used white paint so I could mark the floor for trimming& line up.

Left inside lip marked for line up. I also did the outside lip for trimming.

20171104_105415.jpg.6f1c0ce4d3198d3df0d52ac6620fa217.jpg

I also had to drill out the oval holes for the front bed bolts. Had to cut bed liner before drilling. I found a wood chisel cut thru it pretty good. I could not find my oval drill bit so had to use a Dremel as the bed bolts are oval so they do not spin.

Before I did any trimming & hole drilling for the said panels I fitted the full bed to the truck to make sure everything would fit on the truck and that the fender lines lined up with the cab lines.

20171104_133100.jpg.77e081bda495441fd7aa7dd7647da64b.jpg

With everything looking good when on the truck I drilled 3 holes (6 total) down each side panel to hold them to the floor. Lifted the full bed off the truck again.

This time to work on the brackets that are fitting to the flare side front cross member.

Front20Cross20Bar20002.jpg.e3360469322c02d61e7827d871d0d4a2.jpg

The 2 L brackets are for the bed running boards. They unbolt from the cross member and with them bolted to the boards and boards bolted to the fender it looks like I can use hex head sheet metal bolts to bolt them to the new style side cross member.

The little triangle parts are spot welded and I am working on them. The support the lower side of the panel by the running board but it will take some (lot) fitting or make something else.

Running boards & L brackets in place, just need to bolt the L brackets to cross member.

20171104_165244.jpg.eb9d173c3a8781b7d68aa4c0def0d292.jpg

Once the front is done I need to re-work the back of the bed/gate area. The style side bed floor is a little longer & higher so a stock tail gate will not work with out a re-work.

Dave ----