Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

And people wonder why I solder and use adhesive-lined heat shrink. I have a deal with my trailer manufacturer - when he gets to that point I’ll come over with my soldering gun and heat shrink and make the connections.

Yeah,

I had to replace a trailer light yesterday up at the yard that had the dreaded IDC halfway up inside the frame rail.

WTH are people thinking when they KNOW that they are going to be backing it down into salt water?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah,

I had to replace a trailer light yesterday up at the yard that had the dreaded IDC halfway up inside the frame rail.

WTH are people thinking when they KNOW that they are going to be backing it down into salt water?

How much wire did you have to cut out in order to find good copper? That’s why I want to do the wiring right on my trailer while the wire is new.

How much wire did you have to cut out in order to find good copper? That’s why I want to do the wiring right on my trailer while the wire is new.

On the trailer???? ROTFLMAO

Not mine, not worth my time to bother (rewire the whole trailer)

These people only care that they don't get a ticket the four times a year that the trailer moves. To put the boat in, and take it out at the end of the season.

These people only care that they don't get a ticket the four times a year that the trailer moves. To put the boat in, and take it out at the end of the season.

Wired up the brake controller on Big Blue today - right the second time. Who would have thought that white is ground and black is power? Boy, those Tekonsha controllers sure are tough. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Not only did I have trouble with the power wires, it took a bit to get the brake light circuit to work. I'd positioned the controller under the cruise controller so I could tie into the brake light circuit easily, but it didn't work initially. Turns out that the clutch switch wasn't closing properly. (Yes, there's a clutch switch but it is only for the cruise, not the starter. :nabble_smiley_scared:)

Anyway, with the brake controller wired up I checked tire pressures, topped up the oil, and filled it up with gas so it is ready to go get the '90 tomorrow. :nabble_anim_jump:

Wired up the brake controller on Big Blue today - right the second time. Who would have thought that white is ground and black is power? Boy, those Tekonsha controllers sure are tough. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Not only did I have trouble with the power wires, it took a bit to get the brake light circuit to work. I'd positioned the controller under the cruise controller so I could tie into the brake light circuit easily, but it didn't work initially. Turns out that the clutch switch wasn't closing properly. (Yes, there's a clutch switch but it is only for the cruise, not the starter. :nabble_smiley_scared:)

Anyway, with the brake controller wired up I checked tire pressures, topped up the oil, and filled it up with gas so it is ready to go get the '90 tomorrow. :nabble_anim_jump:

I had a late start for work today so hit the project for a few hours.

I drilled out about 25 spot welds on a brace that had to be removed so I could install the right front brace with the bolt holes.

You can see where the old one was just under the right one clamped in place.

20171027_081406.jpg.68bf33443f11b9ebe83911a5342a63f0.jpg

Dave ----

I had a late start for work today so hit the project for a few hours.

I drilled out about 25 spot welds on a brace that had to be removed so I could install the right front brace with the bolt holes.

You can see where the old one was just under the right one clamped in place.

Dave ----

You are going to bolt the new one in place? What kind of bolts are you going to use? Carriage?

I went to go cut up the Super Duty today. But amazingly as the flatbed rolled in there was a tremendous accident right in front of the plant.

Some kid ran off the road and into the trees.

I guess a paying call wins out over favor every time.

So, I got my other friend to come tonight, yank the engine out and lift the transmission so I could pull the crossmember.

Just getting home.

I need a shower

I went to go cut up the Super Duty today. But amazingly as the flatbed rolled in there was a tremendous accident right in front of the plant.

Some kid ran off the road and into the trees.

I guess a paying call wins out over favor every time.

So, I got my other friend to come tonight, yank the engine out and lift the transmission so I could pull the crossmember.

Just getting home.

I need a shower

Bummer! But, you got it done. Thanks!

However, I take issue with your statement "I got my other friend". Don't I count? :nabble_smiley_cry:

Bummer! But, you got it done. Thanks!

However, I take issue with your statement "I got my other friend". Don't I count? :nabble_smiley_cry:

My other friend *with a tow truck*....

If you would like to come by tomorrow and roll the truck over so I can cut the frame in half with the 14" gas saw I would welcome you and even offer a cup of coffee.

My other friend *with a tow truck*....

If you would like to come by tomorrow and roll the truck over so I can cut the frame in half with the 14" gas saw I would welcome you and even offer a cup of coffee.

Oh, ok. Then I could be counted as a friend? :nabble_smiley_evil:

As for tomorrow, sorry but I have a date to bring half a '90 home. Big Blue gets an outing and a chance to show off his strength as well as to use his winch. Pity that my new trailer isn't ready. I'll have to take my neighbor's trailer again.