Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

A smart man once said “progress is good”, and you are making progress. Good! :nabble_smiley_good:

By the way, what parts can you use off a ‘90? I’ll need to get rid of some things, I hope.

'90 is my body style, but my truck shares most of what's under the skin with bullnose trucks.

What color is the interior?

I suppose I could use an uncracked dash pad (the soft part across the top of the glovebox)

A decent drivers side seat belt.

Maybe the cowl, and the facia below the grille and headlights.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'90 is my body style, but my truck shares most of what's under the skin with bullnose trucks.

What color is the interior?

I suppose I could use an uncracked dash pad (the soft part across the top of the glovebox)

A decent drivers side seat belt.

Maybe the cowl, and the facia below the grille and headlights.

Jim - Here's everything I know about the parts truck. Advert said "Engine is a v8 460, transmission is a E40d with transfer case, front axle, and some other items. Flatbed and rear axle are not for sale. Can hear it run, and drive it, no brakes."

And here are the pics of the outside and the interior:

Left_Front.jpg.1ea974b5762e6302172b41b790757a4e.jpg

Instruments.jpg.e732d10b399fa92598b7a7b4ac53a603.jpg

Window_Switches.jpg.62a091415684c27a8890ad5d5985aceb.jpg

Jim - Here's everything I know about the parts truck. Advert said "Engine is a v8 460, transmission is a E40d with transfer case, front axle, and some other items. Flatbed and rear axle are not for sale. Can hear it run, and drive it, no brakes."

And here are the pics of the outside and the interior:

I kinda like what they did with that homemade front bumper.

I would like the wiper switch, module and motor.

Mine is not working *again* this morning.

I kinda like what they did with that homemade front bumper.

I would like the wiper switch, module and motor.

Mine is not working *again* this morning.

Well, I screwed up yesterday when I bought quick disconnect tools thinking 5/16 return and 3/8 feed.

I need to go get 1/2 & 5/8 this morning.

Jim - The wiper stuff already has your name on it. And the bumper now does. Choose again. 😈

The bumper is a little much for me, though I may know someone...

The guy I got the F-450 from

I really need to keep my truck looking 'stockish'.

Zombie apocalypse rigs have no place among the Gentry here on the gold coast.

And they are the ones that employ me.

The bumper is a little much for me, though I may know someone...

The guy I got the F-450 from

I really need to keep my truck looking 'stockish'.

Zombie apocalypse rigs have no place among the Gentry here on the gold coast.

And they are the ones that employ me.

I have to backup a little as what I did today was because of what I did last weekend.

I "trimmed" the style side long bed bed so the floor was left as I am going to use it in place of the wood floor on my flare side. The reason for this is just in all the cross braces is $1000.Add the front panel, tail gate, wood, metal strips & hardware and we are over 2K. That kind of money is not in the bank for this over budget project, so we use what we have.

After a LOT of trimming!

20171022_074843.jpg.c6ace48de5de8061f2f603e862813444.jpg

Placed it on the truck to check how it fit. Have to remove one of the front cross braces (2nd one back from front) and fit the front one that +has the bolts thru it.

20171022_145907.jpg.cbabdd738a7f1455c25a3c3ca83c064e.jpg

That brings us up to today. Before work I moved thing around in the garage, lifted the bed floor off the truck, pushed the truck out from under it and got the bed standing up on end. (no picture at 6am when I had to leave for work)

I can now drill out the spot welds on the brace that has to come out, trim 2 lips on the bottom side of floor so the front brace will sit flat.

Then I can fit the floor back on the truck, line up the front brace and tack weld it in place and remove the floor for better welding.

Once the floor is fitted I can trim a little more and fit the side & front panels, hang fenders to make sure everything lines up.........I HOPE!

20171022_163315.jpg.3bf9a46da3defbb05f2b027c37ae6b06.jpg

Dave ----

I have to backup a little as what I did today was because of what I did last weekend.

I "trimmed" the style side long bed bed so the floor was left as I am going to use it in place of the wood floor on my flare side. The reason for this is just in all the cross braces is $1000.Add the front panel, tail gate, wood, metal strips & hardware and we are over 2K. That kind of money is not in the bank for this over budget project, so we use what we have.

After a LOT of trimming!

Placed it on the truck to check how it fit. Have to remove one of the front cross braces (2nd one back from front) and fit the front one that +has the bolts thru it.

That brings us up to today. Before work I moved thing around in the garage, lifted the bed floor off the truck, pushed the truck out from under it and got the bed standing up on end. (no picture at 6am when I had to leave for work)

I can now drill out the spot welds on the brace that has to come out, trim 2 lips on the bottom side of floor so the front brace will sit flat.

Then I can fit the floor back on the truck, line up the front brace and tack weld it in place and remove the floor for better welding.

Once the floor is fitted I can trim a little more and fit the side & front panels, hang fenders to make sure everything lines up.........I HOPE!

Dave ----

You're doing great Dave.:nabble_smiley_good:

That is a lot of work!

I kinda hope that Gremlin has wheelie bars.

Yes, it is a lot of work. But, being done in a controlled and thoughtful fashion. I'm impressed. :nabble_smiley_good:

Unlike my slash & burn techniques. :nabble_smiley_pirate:

Yesterday I spent a few hours sorting, cleaning and wrapping parts.

I did *no* cleaning of harnesses....

Got the pump pulley off so I could remove it from the bracket. (Gary, do you want the tensioner assy? )

Bought a full set of garter clip removal tools and now have Bill's fuel lines off the rails and cleaned up.

Reassembled my engine stand.

Hopefully today is the day to pull the engine, gearbox and Gary's crossmember.

I also have to sort out the trim pump solenoids on the boat.

(this is related because the truck is used to launch it)

Need to go up to the airport with a drum and pick up 50 gallons of 101 'blue' at the prop hanger on the back side of the field.

Having a pilot friend works out sometimes. :nabble_smiley_wink: