Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Did you guys ever meet up with Nick and George?

I really appreciated his advice when I was updating the sound system in my truck.

We haven't had the chance. We happened upon a refurbished factory radio on eBay and it was too good of a deal to pass up. The radio works great and the cassette player works really good too. The speakers were not a priority until we saw what was hiding in the door. Now we have something that helps drown out the road noise :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! That should make a BIG difference! Let us know how you like it.

There is little to no bass given their size but overall they sound great. There is also less rattle in the driver's door now that the speak is properly hung and not dangling by one screw.

There is little to no bass given their size but overall they sound great. There is also less rattle in the driver's door now that the speak is properly hung and not dangling by one screw.

Yes, I agree that size of speaker just doesn't give much bass. I've considered something like this JVC CW-DRA8 Compact powered subwoofer with 8" sub and 150-watt amp. My Sony head unit has sub outputs and controls, and it looks like there's room below the console. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Yes, I agree that size of speaker just doesn't give much bass. I've considered something like this JVC CW-DRA8 Compact powered subwoofer with 8" sub and 150-watt amp. My Sony head unit has sub outputs and controls, and it looks like there's room below the console. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I've been really happy with my Kicker Hideaway. It's in my console (link) but would fit under a bench.

We haven't had the chance. We happened upon a refurbished factory radio on eBay and it was too good of a deal to pass up. The radio works great and the cassette player works really good too. The speakers were not a priority until we saw what was hiding in the door. Now we have something that helps drown out the road noise :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

George and I have quite the conversation on YouTube.

He had really helpful advice

Scott - I can't quite read the # on your sub, but Crutchfield is only showing two Hideaways: Kicker 46HS10 &

Kicker 11HS8. Is yours one of those?

Of course, you know where Kicker's headquarters are. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I do! :nabble_smiley_happy: And while I can't say their location factored in, I will say that talking to a couple of the guys there pre-purchase definitely factored in (bridged mode on the amp was new to me so asked a lot about the specifics of it). Who knows if they are located in the same place physically but...

Mine is the 11HS8. The thing you see with the number is actually the amp sitting on a shelf a couple inches above the amp.

I am not an audiophile, I just want to hear the lyrics, but given how less than ideally enclosed the amp is and it still sounds good to me, I'd buy another if needed.

Edit: let me rephrase that since saying I just want to hear the lyrics while talking about a sub is a bit 'off'. I am just meaning that I am not overly picky with the fine details. I mainly listen to 90s pop/rock and country. As long as I can hear the lyrics but they don't sound hollow, I am happy. The sub really helps round the two door speakers out to my ears.

I do! :nabble_smiley_happy: And while I can't say their location factored in, I will say that talking to a couple of the guys there pre-purchase definitely factored in (bridged mode on the amp was new to me so asked a lot about the specifics of it). Who knows if they are located in the same place physically but...

Mine is the 11HS8. The thing you see with the number is actually the amp sitting on a shelf a couple inches above the amp.

I am not an audiophile, I just want to hear the lyrics, but given how less than ideally enclosed the amp is and it still sounds good to me, I'd buy another if needed.

Edit: let me rephrase that since saying I just want to hear the lyrics while talking about a sub is a bit 'off'. I am just meaning that I am not overly picky with the fine details. I mainly listen to 90s pop/rock and country. As long as I can hear the lyrics but they don't sound hollow, I am happy. The sub really helps round the two door speakers out to my ears.

To the locals it is Stillwawa. Down where Steve/FoxFord33 and I went a couple of months ago to bring back the Mountaineer.

Anyway, good to know that you like the Kicker. What other speakers do you have in the truck?

To the locals it is Stillwawa. Down where Steve/FoxFord33 and I went a couple of months ago to bring back the Mountaineer.

Anyway, good to know that you like the Kicker. What other speakers do you have in the truck?

I was only there once many years ago checking out OSU with a then girlfriend and her parents. Remember liking the campus.

My setup is-

Amp: Kicker DXA250.4 CK8

Sub: Kicker 11HS8

Speakers: Kicker CSS65

The door panels already had separate tweeters installed in the top front corners or else I would have gone a different route just to avoid cutting holes myself.

I know the amp is bridged but without going out there and checking, I can't recall the specifics on that. One of those 'did the research, set it up, forgot the details' type things. If it helps anyone happy to look though.

It's plenty loud windows up or down (again to me anyways). This is with all of the cab/door soundproofing and speaker baffles so that factors in some I am sure or at least hope :nabble_smiley_beam:

You have a much better headunit than I have from what I recall.