Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

if it gets disconnected at the carb end then it will not increase fluid pressure to anything inside the trans as you add throttle therefore you add power against slipping frictions. if it comes loose at the trans end, it has an internal spring which pushes on the tv inside raising pressure to a minimum. not that it's safe to drive this way yet its far less destructive and if driven very carefully "might" not hurt. the fact that you don't say third or fourth/od tells me that you burned the direct clutch. third feels a lot of pressure as it directly holds the geartrain to the crankshaft hydro-mechanically. zero use of the torque converter other than the shell at this point. and then fourth is built onto that by holding the od band.

Being it is difficult to find a body shop around here that will work on things other than insurance collision work, I said the heck with it and will pretend to do body work.

So far I have the new inner Fenders scuffed, primed and painted with a rock coat. Waiting on primer, paint and clear ro do the outer.

20240413_093658.jpg.18c5d2d7b86d81cce2b255b5696c385c.jpg

20240413_124121.jpg.5812e0e31e38f6e3d133250647979b11.jpg

20240413_123118.jpg.f4becd0bc435e4d5af2edc2fb5b20b3a.jpg

I know enough to be dangerous with body work...just takes a patience and attention to detail that becomes intolerable 😁

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being it is difficult to find a body shop around here that will work on things other than insurance collision work, I said the heck with it and will pretend to do body work.

So far I have the new inner Fenders scuffed, primed and painted with a rock coat. Waiting on primer, paint and clear ro do the outer.

I know enough to be dangerous with body work...just takes a patience and attention to detail that becomes intolerable 😁

What did I do to my truck today? I drove it! It's been almost six months since I parked Pluto for the winter. We had our last :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: snow a couple weeks ago, and we had a pretty good rain soaker early this week, so most of the salt should finally be off the roads, meaning Pluto can go back on them!

I didn't do much but charge the battery and check the fluids (oil is close to a quart low, both axles took close to a pint). I poured a little gas down the carb and it fired right up briefly. Then maybe 15 seconds of cranking and it started and ran! It's nice when it goes that easy!

What did I do to my truck today? I drove it! It's been almost six months since I parked Pluto for the winter. We had our last :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: snow a couple weeks ago, and we had a pretty good rain soaker early this week, so most of the salt should finally be off the roads, meaning Pluto can go back on them!

I didn't do much but charge the battery and check the fluids (oil is close to a quart low, both axles took close to a pint). I poured a little gas down the carb and it fired right up briefly. Then maybe 15 seconds of cranking and it started and ran! It's nice when it goes that easy!

Bob - Pluto is getting warmed up! Not long now!

Erik - I applaud your efforts. I farmed my body work out several years ago and it worked out great, but now that guy has retired and there's no one else that I think I can trust. I hope I don't need body work.

Bob - Pluto is getting warmed up! Not long now!

Erik - I applaud your efforts. I farmed my body work out several years ago and it worked out great, but now that guy has retired and there's no one else that I think I can trust. I hope I don't need body work.

I washed the truck for the first time in months.

I drive the truck for weekly trash runs and some of them were in the rain then add pollen that turns everything yellow even when parked in the garage.

After washing and drying I took the truck to a show when other members from the car club.

Told the club had 12 to 15 cars there.

Tomorrow the club is holding a cruise in and swap meet and I get to pull the clubs support trailer that I store at my house with the truck.

Dave ----

I washed the truck for the first time in months.

I drive the truck for weekly trash runs and some of them were in the rain then add pollen that turns everything yellow even when parked in the garage.

After washing and drying I took the truck to a show when other members from the car club.

Told the club had 12 to 15 cars there.

Tomorrow the club is holding a cruise in and swap meet and I get to pull the clubs support trailer that I store at my house with the truck.

Dave ----

Sounds like fun, Dave! :nabble_smiley_good:

Sounds like fun, Dave! :nabble_smiley_good:

I didn't get much done. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I'm supposed to be on bed rest with my leg elevated.

They put the house directly across the street on the market this morning so I cleaned the yard and moved a bunch of debris out from under my truck.

I cleaned all the shrapnel out of the case and settled the rear where the cover goes.

The pinion races look amazingly untouched, and I KNOW they're fully seated.

I think I'm going to try and leave them, if the shim under the race is even close to correct.

It should be, because I got a Spicer kit with Koyo bearings, same as came out.

I found a clutch and brake shop north of here to press the bearings on the new carrier and pinion.

Hopefully they will call me Monday ($20 each 60 all together)

Small progress, but I've been getting a million other things done around this house, so it is all in violation of Dr's orders... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I am 110% 110% of the time, but y'all know that already...

I didn't get much done. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I'm supposed to be on bed rest with my leg elevated.

They put the house directly across the street on the market this morning so I cleaned the yard and moved a bunch of debris out from under my truck.

I cleaned all the shrapnel out of the case and settled the rear where the cover goes.

The pinion races look amazingly untouched, and I KNOW they're fully seated.

I think I'm going to try and leave them, if the shim under the race is even close to correct.

It should be, because I got a Spicer kit with Koyo bearings, same as came out.

I found a clutch and brake shop north of here to press the bearings on the new carrier and pinion.

Hopefully they will call me Monday ($20 each 60 all together)

Small progress, but I've been getting a million other things done around this house, so it is all in violation of Dr's orders... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I am 110% 110% of the time, but y'all know that already...

Good progress, Jim. Especially when you were in bed the whole time. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Please be careful!

Good progress, Jim. Especially when you were in bed the whole time. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Please be careful!

I'm reckless, but I'm always aware.

You know me.....

So, I'm waiting on a press.

I should go try and get some sleep.

The problem is that I never get more than an hour, and if I hit the rack at 10:30 I'll be up at midnight with ants in my pants.

I'm reckless, but I'm always aware.

You know me.....

So, I'm waiting on a press.

I should go try and get some sleep.

The problem is that I never get more than an hour, and if I hit the rack at 10:30 I'll be up at midnight with ants in my pants.

Well, it's 1:30 and I'm rested and absolutely stir crazy.

I don't see any questions to answer here, so I'm going to spend a few hours OSINT. (it's for a good cause! 😉)

Well, it's 1:30 and I'm rested and absolutely stir crazy.

I don't see any questions to answer here, so I'm going to spend a few hours OSINT. (it's for a good cause! 😉)

Man, I'd melt down in a hurry if I got that little of sleep! I don't see how you do it.