Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The twist-on PCV grommets are sorta rare and a bit expensive. I had to do a lot of searching for one for my 1970 Mustang with a 351 CJ.

Should be this one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/372663355123

EDIT: Part number C7AZ-6892

Thanks for the confirmation. I found the same thing this afternoon, but it said it was for a 70s mustang so didn't want to pull the trigger! I'll get one. Yes they are expensive, Dorman doesn't make one for some reason.

And thanks for Oil of wintergreen, will that also work on C6 shift grommet rod, and also the grommet outside the firewall on the steering column shifter ??

Thanks for the confirmation. I found the same thing this afternoon, but it said it was for a 70s mustang so didn't want to pull the trigger! I'll get one. Yes they are expensive, Dorman doesn't make one for some reason.

And thanks for Oil of wintergreen, will that also work on C6 shift grommet rod, and also the grommet outside the firewall on the steering column shifter ??

Pretty much any rubber.

Like I said it's a food ingredient (maybe not all is)

but it's not insanely toxic like the stuff we used to soften tires with before tire warmers

Oil of wintergreen (methyl salicylate) will soften them up.

(You can Google it if you like!)

It works great on things like motorcycle carburetor boots. 😉

I grew up near the Life Savers factory in Portchester NY.

The maintenance guys used it (because it was food safe) to dislodge the crust of sugar that got into the works and gummed up the equipment.

Marvel Mystery Oil was started right across the street! 🤔

Oh yes know of both buildings and the beer store across the street from the LS building :nabble_smiley_evil:

Do you know if the big LS roll is still outside the building?

I did not know winter green would do that to rubber.

Now if I will remember it when I need it is the real story.

Dave ----

The maintenance guys used it (because it was food safe) to dislodge the crust of sugar that got into the works and gummed up the equipment.

Oh yes know of both buildings and the beer store across the street from the LS building :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

It's condos now.

Sadly the giant Life Savers rolls are gone.

I passed out in those hedges more than a few times, stumbling home from Richard's.

I went to Western J.H.

Depending on the wind we would smell cinnamon raisin bread from Arnold's Bakers, the incinerator at the dump or Butter Rum/Pep-o-Mint/Black Cherry/whatever...

Dave ----

You would be BLOWN AWAY with what Rocky Genovese has done with Darien! 🤯

ETA: His concrete empire and legacy is literally the underpinnings of all of Stamford and the surrounding area

Dave ----

Dave. Did you ever use the original formula Hot Lap?

We could SMELL a cheater a mile away in the pits.

Dave. Did you ever use the original formula Hot Lap?

We could SMELL a cheater a mile away in the pits.

Got the core support setup after welding in the radiator bottom brackets. Notice I didn't do a close up as it has been a while since I last used the welder...it's ugly but solid 🤣

20240219_085624.jpg.a2a54ea1818e94482a9c2bb4e9f95b9d.jpg

This week...put all the goodies back on the core support...burn off the the old frame core support brackets and bolt on the new.

Got the core support setup after welding in the radiator bottom brackets. Notice I didn't do a close up as it has been a while since I last used the welder...it's ugly but solid 🤣

This week...put all the goodies back on the core support...burn off the the old frame core support brackets and bolt on the new.

LOL! I know what you mean about the welds. Mine aren't pretty either, but they hold. So you are making PROGRESS! :nabble_anim_claps:

Interesting that you have a welder, and didn't just make 'frame savers' rather than replacing the complete horns.

I get it, on a full restoration, but man that's a lot of work for something that will likely never be seen. :nabble_smiley_good: