Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Yes, a hard cover like you have is great for valuables. Some day I may consider one.

I can get a lock for the tailgate handle but thought they could just cut the cover so I think I’ll let it be.

Locks for the tailgate aren't easy to find nor do on a Bullnose. In fact, I couldn't find one when I put the alarm system on Big Blue, but maybe I missed something?

Subsequently I've thought that one could put an electric lock in the tail light cavity that engages the tailgate, but I've not actually tried to do that. So I don't know if that would be possible.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Locks for the tailgate aren't easy to find nor do on a Bullnose. In fact, I couldn't find one when I put the alarm system on Big Blue, but maybe I missed something?

Subsequently I've thought that one could put an electric lock in the tail light cavity that engages the tailgate, but I've not actually tried to do that. So I don't know if that would be possible.

Yesterday after I did the weekly trash run I stopped by the parts store to return the heater core that I picked up as the one I installed did not fit well, I forced it in there.

Well the core shape was right and why I got it but the hose outlets were turned to the HVAC box and no way to get hoses on.

I have I hope the right one coming from Amazon at the end of the month.

Then with help from my son went about changing the oil and greasing the truck.

I bought a new 3.5 ton HF jack and while we got that out and bleed the air from the pump I added 1qt of ATF to the oil and let the truck idle.

It took a little longer to get the jack set up, the valve assy. that you turn to raise & lower backed out of the pump and had a hard time getting it back in so the ATF had time to do its cleaning.

Got the oil dropped and when greasing got to the last fitting and the grease gun fell apart :nabble_smiley_cry:

We where able to get it back together for the last fitting but need to pick up a new gun.

The top threads are gone so may pick up a HF electric one.

Only things I grease is the pick up and the garden tractor so dont need anything fancy but I do have other HF electric tools that take the same battery so that is how I may go?

I wanted to check the AC as it has not been blowing cold but it was dark and we where both ready for food.

Dave ----

Yesterday after I did the weekly trash run I stopped by the parts store to return the heater core that I picked up as the one I installed did not fit well, I forced it in there.

Well the core shape was right and why I got it but the hose outlets were turned to the HVAC box and no way to get hoses on.

I have I hope the right one coming from Amazon at the end of the month.

Then with help from my son went about changing the oil and greasing the truck.

I bought a new 3.5 ton HF jack and while we got that out and bleed the air from the pump I added 1qt of ATF to the oil and let the truck idle.

It took a little longer to get the jack set up, the valve assy. that you turn to raise & lower backed out of the pump and had a hard time getting it back in so the ATF had time to do its cleaning.

Got the oil dropped and when greasing got to the last fitting and the grease gun fell apart :nabble_smiley_cry:

We where able to get it back together for the last fitting but need to pick up a new gun.

The top threads are gone so may pick up a HF electric one.

Only things I grease is the pick up and the garden tractor so dont need anything fancy but I do have other HF electric tools that take the same battery so that is how I may go?

I wanted to check the AC as it has not been blowing cold but it was dark and we where both ready for food.

Dave ----

John and I swear by our Lube Shuttle grease guns. Heretofore I've sworn at my grease gun.

John and I swear by our Lube Shuttle grease guns. Heretofore I've sworn at my grease gun.

I know you had picked up a good gun but I dont use mine all that much that I felt I needed a really good one.

I did want to upgrade from the 1 hand pump to electric so my son picked up a Bauer 20 volt from HF as I have a few other Bauer tools that the battery will fit the grease gun.

He is a member and got it for $100, it goes for $130 and any of the others go for close to $200!

The reviews looked good on it and the few bad ones I did not think were all that bad.

Son also looked into a locking end but said it looked to big to get into some places like Ujoints so we will see if he can find something he likes.

Dave ----

I know you had picked up a good gun but I dont use mine all that much that I felt I needed a really good one.

I did want to upgrade from the 1 hand pump to electric so my son picked up a Bauer 20 volt from HF as I have a few other Bauer tools that the battery will fit the grease gun.

He is a member and got it for $100, it goes for $130 and any of the others go for close to $200!

The reviews looked good on it and the few bad ones I did not think were all that bad.

Son also looked into a locking end but said it looked to big to get into some places like Ujoints so we will see if he can find something he likes.

Dave ----

Couldn't get anything done this weekend as we had a pretty bad storm come through the state of Florida that is now headed northeast through the east coast of the US. I had no damage other than falling limbs, and a puddle of water against the back glass of my F350 (the cab is tipped back on the frame so I can repair some rust). I had to let the water sit until the storm cleared so as not to put myself in danger of falling limbs hitting me.

The water stayed in place throughout the storm, which means my rear window is well-sealed. I did vacuum the water out once the storm passed to keep it from rotting out the rear window. I need to hit it with a heat gun tomorrow to make sure any water that seeped around the seal has dried as well. I also added more tarps since my original coverage was not sufficient. The new coverage should keep the standing water out until I am able to flip the cab back down once rust repairs are completed.

Couldn't get anything done this weekend as we had a pretty bad storm come through the state of Florida that is now headed northeast through the east coast of the US. I had no damage other than falling limbs, and a puddle of water against the back glass of my F350 (the cab is tipped back on the frame so I can repair some rust). I had to let the water sit until the storm cleared so as not to put myself in danger of falling limbs hitting me.

The water stayed in place throughout the storm, which means my rear window is well-sealed. I did vacuum the water out once the storm passed to keep it from rotting out the rear window. I need to hit it with a heat gun tomorrow to make sure any water that seeped around the seal has dried as well. I also added more tarps since my original coverage was not sufficient. The new coverage should keep the standing water out until I am able to flip the cab back down once rust repairs are completed.

So, my power steering threw its guts up all over itself last evening (Yay short winter days!)

I got back by removing the belts so the Saginaw didn't eat itself alive, but as you'd expect Armstrong Steering in a loaded F-250 is challenging during low speed maneuvers like parallel parking. :nabble_smiley_sad:

It didn't look like a hose, but I'm not sure and the sun is just peeking above the horizon.

I don't know that I'm up to resealing one of these things.

I'm not going to order and wait for a red or blue top box.

My local and immediate choices are a reman (of varying quality) or a brand new cheap and cheerful Chinese sector box.

Jeff already weighed in that his NAPA reman seems tight.

Forget about Cardone.

Motorcraft offers a reman, but it's more $ and I know they farm out their rebuilds.

The two red/orange stores and the green one have "house brand" remans and again, I seriously doubt they're not all the same poo in a different box.

Should I go for new? At least then the shafts and bearing pockets are new and not guaranteed to have been trashed in a previous life.

No core also means buy once cry once. I don't have to deal with going back to the store.

Does anyone else care to add something?

So, my power steering threw its guts up all over itself last evening (Yay short winter days!)

I got back by removing the belts so the Saginaw didn't eat itself alive, but as you'd expect Armstrong Steering in a loaded F-250 is challenging during low speed maneuvers like parallel parking. :nabble_smiley_sad:

It didn't look like a hose, but I'm not sure and the sun is just peeking above the horizon.

I don't know that I'm up to resealing one of these things.

I'm not going to order and wait for a red or blue top box.

My local and immediate choices are a reman (of varying quality) or a brand new cheap and cheerful Chinese sector box.

Jeff already weighed in that his NAPA reman seems tight.

Forget about Cardone.

Motorcraft offers a reman, but it's more $ and I know they farm out their rebuilds.

The two red/orange stores and the green one have "house brand" remans and again, I seriously doubt they're not all the same poo in a different box.

Should I go for new? At least then the shafts and bearing pockets are new and not guaranteed to have been trashed in a previous life.

No core also means buy once cry once. I don't have to deal with going back to the store.

Does anyone else care to add something?

Don't know how long "new" would take, but do know Blue Top is right at a week. Mine was shipped on Monday and back the following Monday, although it would have been Saturday if not for the storm.

So if you can't wait then something else would be faster. And I don't really know anything about the others. However, the steering shouldn't be worse than what you had, and should be better.

Don't those Sag's make awful noises when low? :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Don't know how long "new" would take, but do know Blue Top is right at a week. Mine was shipped on Monday and back the following Monday, although it would have been Saturday if not for the storm.

So if you can't wait then something else would be faster. And I don't really know anything about the others. However, the steering shouldn't be worse than what you had, and should be better.

Don't those Sag's make awful noises when low? :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

"new" is in the regional warehouse.

Depending on when I commit, late today or early tomorrow.

But I want to be ABSOLUTELY certain it IS the box.

And given I'm not 'home' I have to go pay for it in person (no card over the phone or order online -pickup in store)

It's still freezing out there and I don't want to upset the neighbors, so it might be a bit before I m certain.....

It sounds about like your everyday C2 pump. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'm off to get more brake clean, some type F and a 3/8 hex socket so I can run this pump with the battery ratchet.

The input and output of the box seem plenty dry!?!?

Maybe it IS just a hose? IDK until I can crank it and I don't want to have to go through putting all the belts back on after disabling it roadside in the dark last night.

It sounds about like your everyday C2 pump. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'm off to get more brake clean, some type F and a 3/8 hex socket so I can run this pump with the battery ratchet.

The input and output of the box seem plenty dry!?!?

Maybe it IS just a hose? IDK until I can crank it and I don't want to have to go through putting all the belts back on after disabling it roadside in the dark last night.

Whelp, major crisis and expense averted. 🤷‍♂️

It appears the high pressure swivel line on the back of the pump came loose???

5/8 wrench tightened it up and stopped the stream.

I'm still not sure if it had stripped the end or pump fitting.

Seemed to take as much torque as I can get with a stubby while reaching around in back.

I'm off for a test drive to return 2qts of type-F