Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I used the Lowes garage door seal. Works fine when there isn't a tarp between the hood and the seal.

I have been considering that too. even bought a roll once. but still ended up ordering the proper seal as I was doing a restoration at that time. come to think of it. I don't recall finding it in the last move and I could use it now. the original was a rubber piece bonded with a spine of sorts and a short channel to hook under the cowl edge. did you do anything special to give the foam/rubber a little strength or rigidity? or did you glue it?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been considering that too. even bought a roll once. but still ended up ordering the proper seal as I was doing a restoration at that time. come to think of it. I don't recall finding it in the last move and I could use it now. the original was a rubber piece bonded with a spine of sorts and a short channel to hook under the cowl edge. did you do anything special to give the foam/rubber a little strength or rigidity? or did you glue it?

I used the garage door seal, just cut to length, installed with hexhead screws. Just position it like the original seal.

20230303_103523.jpg.b29a788ae90a377a9e28216680d9b3c4.jpg

I used the garage seal on the 80 farm truck and used a thin, narrow strip of aluminum bar stock left over from another project to keep it tight against the cowl and give the screws a solid surface to pull in. The seal I used definitely needed something like this as it was too soft by itself.

I used the garage seal on the 80 farm truck and used a thin, narrow strip of aluminum bar stock left over from another project to keep it tight against the cowl and give the screws a solid surface to pull in. The seal I used definitely needed something like this as it was too soft by itself.

I used a liquid sealer between the metal and seal on mine. I can't remember what I used but it wasn't silicone since that doesn't work well with rubber. I think it was blackjack sealer or something like that. Never has leaked.

I used a liquid sealer between the metal and seal on mine. I can't remember what I used but it wasn't silicone since that doesn't work well with rubber. I think it was blackjack sealer or something like that. Never has leaked.

I used Blackjack and it worked well.

Gorilla snot comes in black you know..

My tube's older than the hills but 08011 is the number.

I am also from the school of garage door seal.

20191104_125307.jpg.0fee35ddcebb420442be6afc3c25e2c6.jpg

I used the factory screws with the plastic washers with the nails removed from the seal.

I did not use any sealer and have not seen any water in the engine bay after washing the truck.

20191104_125239.jpg.cbbb06bd65bd0bcd4b8a772f07f80aa4.jpg

I have a 300 six so the air filter is off the one side and more to the front than a v8.

Dave ----

I am also from the school of garage door seal.

I used the factory screws with the plastic washers with the nails removed from the seal.

I did not use any sealer and have not seen any water in the engine bay after washing the truck.

I have a 300 six so the air filter is off the one side and more to the front than a v8.

Dave ----

Dang, that be a nice engine bay.

Dang, that be a nice engine bay.

Thanks

That was before I really started using the truck and found it had a oil leak that is now fixed.

It shows a little dirt but I try and keep it clean.

Yesterday gave the truck a quick wash before going to a cruise-in.

The last 2 weenends it was raining when I did my trash runs and the pollen is out in force.

Had pretty good showing of cars and trucks.

I met up with member Wayne aka: RacingFan at the show and chatted for a bit.

His truck was down but hopes to have it running by the next cruise / show.

Dave ----