Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I spoke with the tech today (he still has hair so it hasn't gotten to him too badly yet) The issue is the downloaded update or data is corrupt and it is giving him a server error. The engineer feels it is an issue on their end and right now we are in a holding pattern on the solution.

Well, I guess there's no hurry as long as you have the loaner. Best to let them sort it out and you lay low. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I guess there's no hurry as long as you have the loaner. Best to let them sort it out and you lay low. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Got to love the older cars & trucks nothing to down load :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yesterday I washed the truck before a car show as it got dirty the weekend before going to a show in the rain.

This time I wiped down under the hood as it was showing some dirt.

Then loaded the weekly trash into it and made a run to the dump before heading to a car show a few miles down the road.

It was at a church and was to fight hunger so can goods or donation.

They had the largest show so far with about 80 cars & trucks.

5 members of the car club I am a member of showed up.

I thought we got out early so headed across town to another show but I did not see any signs of a show so guess they got out early too.

I was told some other members went to this show and 2 took home awards.

There was also a parade that a member or 2 also was in.

There was a lot going on this weekend.

Next weekend is the clubs yearly show so will be busy there as it is all members on deck!

Dave ----

Flex update, Preston called me yesterday to let me know that Ford is aware of the issue and working on correcting the problem. Until that is done they can't do the updates on either Flex. I was given two options, keep the loaner while we wait on a resolution, or come pick up the Flex and they will call me as soon as the problem is corrected and reschedule my update. I opted for the latter.

I really can't complain, Preston Ford of Keller has been great. Once they can do mine I will definitely (a) let their owner know that I am quite happy with their service (b) Let Ford know the same and © put it on their FB page along with just flat posting it on mine.

Flex update, Preston called me yesterday to let me know that Ford is aware of the issue and working on correcting the problem. Until that is done they can't do the updates on either Flex. I was given two options, keep the loaner while we wait on a resolution, or come pick up the Flex and they will call me as soon as the problem is corrected and reschedule my update. I opted for the latter.

I really can't complain, Preston Ford of Keller has been great. Once they can do mine I will definitely (a) let their owner know that I am quite happy with their service (b) Let Ford know the same and © put it on their FB page along with just flat posting it on mine.

Sounds like your dealer is a good one. And that they have a good plan, Stan. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

not really working on mine . yet . another followed me home. haha. my wife found an 81 while looking for antiques. furniture that is . but found an 81 ranger 250. rough but i have restored far worse. just now starting to research the authenticity. its a 351m w c6. dents in every panel but all repairable except the driver fender but i have one. mainly it is not rusted apart. future project for sure when lefty is complete.

not really working on mine . yet . another followed me home. haha. my wife found an 81 while looking for antiques. furniture that is . but found an 81 ranger 250. rough but i have restored far worse. just now starting to research the authenticity. its a 351m w c6. dents in every panel but all repairable except the driver fender but i have one. mainly it is not rusted apart. future project for sure when lefty is complete.

Wow! Another Bullnose! And your wife found it? :nabble_anim_claps:

Sounds like a keeper (the Wife that is).:nabble_smiley_good:

well today did not get off to a good start. pun in waiting! after driving 12 miles away running errands, I tried to start bubba and no bueno. I impatiently waited a half hour for it to cool as I know sometimes heat is the issue. still no start. had to call home for assistance and after a few minutes charge, it reluctantly started so strait back in the garage and take another truck to work. after finishing the column rebuild on a 90 f250 and truing up the front-end alignment from the axle swap, test drive, and clean up. it was back to the home shop to do the long awaited pgmr starter conversion. 30-minute job except the lower starter bolt refused to move. so, I did what I hate to do. sacrifice a part to get it done. the starter had left me semi stranded and it was not an original part even though it has been installed over twenty years (how can I really complain). that left me enough room to chip away the remaining aluminum piece and voila the bolt came right out. the biggest thing I can say is that it starts easy and its quieter. really a simple change.