Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I'm glad that the bridge wasn't destroyed and that eventually it will be rebuilt. :nabble_smiley_good:

Wasn't today, but last week before I joined: decided to try buffing a little on the truck to see of I could get a shine back on the paint. The regatta blue was very pale-whitish. I was pleasantly surprised with the test area, so I sat my work laptop in the garage, setup a fan and went to town with the buffer..stopping for meetings and phone calls 🤣

20220621_122502.jpg.18275dcedccf6747124f07d7f84f7a54.jpg

20220621_125838.jpg.b5ff65214a586d8d3f7e21f65ad9555b.jpg

20220621_190823.jpg.0897134a4460be2b207f5e20c39f0e7e.jpg

20220621_190756.jpg.752b62ea6daf129bea6a36b087368792.jpg

20220621_164456.jpg.83e1f08db16467f587a80ef95a7ecae7.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't today, but last week before I joined: decided to try buffing a little on the truck to see of I could get a shine back on the paint. The regatta blue was very pale-whitish. I was pleasantly surprised with the test area, so I sat my work laptop in the garage, setup a fan and went to town with the buffer..stopping for meetings and phone calls 🤣

Nice! Good job!

Yes, good job! :nabble_anim_claps:

git r done! looks nice!

re Electric choke.

I found what I think is the wire for the choke off the alt.

It has .38 vdc with ignition off, ign on is 6.3 vdc, with engine running close to 7 vdc.

Is the 3.8 vdc ign off an alt problem or, is this normal and will that small of a draw cause the choke to not work properly.

Still thinking about a manual choke kit...undecided.

BTW, got new carb on and working, runs a lot better, just no choke yet.

Thanks Bill

git r done! looks nice!

The other day on the way home from work I looked down to see the temp gauge, yes factory gauge, pretty high almost to over heating. Itis never much above the first line on the cold side, yes I would say too cold but it all checks out with the 192*f stat.

After it cooled down I pop the radiator cap and dont see much coolant?

At work a few time I had seen a spot under the truck but thought it was from the AC drain.

I topped it off and checked by the heater core and found 1 clamp a little loose.

I also have the heater core shut off valve in that area so a lot of hoses & clamps.

Hope that was it but if not I will be taking the valve out as it dose not work when on vent like I would like it to and if I have the controls on MAX AC the vacuum check valve (new) dose not check so the air goes to defrost. I have the later HVAC control so it works a little differently than what the early ones do and why I get heat on vent.

This weekend I hope to get the leaking o-ring replaced on the AC system and pull a good vacuum and re-charge.

Dave ----

re Electric choke.

I found what I think is the wire for the choke off the alt.

It has .38 vdc with ignition off, ign on is 6.3 vdc, with engine running close to 7 vdc.

Is the 3.8 vdc ign off an alt problem or, is this normal and will that small of a draw cause the choke to not work properly.

Still thinking about a manual choke kit...undecided.

BTW, got new carb on and working, runs a lot better, just no choke yet.

Thanks Bill

Bill - I think you may have the wrong wire. Was that wire LG/R?

You want the W/BK wire, and there may not actually be one connected to the alternator. It will be marked FLD for "field" if I remember correctly, and I don't think it'll have any voltage when the engine isn't running.

Anyway, glad the new carb is doing well.

Dave - Your cooling system must have been pretty low. I hope that one clamp was the problem. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Bill - I think you may have the wrong wire. Was that wire LG/R?

You want the W/BK wire, and there may not actually be one connected to the alternator. It will be marked FLD for "field" if I remember correctly, and I don't think it'll have any voltage when the engine isn't running.

Anyway, glad the new carb is doing well.

Dave - Your cooling system must have been pretty low. I hope that one clamp was the problem. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

The white/black choke wire is 'S' for stator.

It won't have any power unless the alternator is turning.