Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Spark from the coil is blue but it's lost color by the time it hits the plug. The PIP is the pickup coil in these EFI isn't it? I figured those would either work not not work at all not contributing to spark loss.

I might be over thinking it.

I keep forgetting you have EFI. So, yeah the PIP.

You could check the ohms on the primary and secondary side of the coil, just to be sure. Interesting that the spark changes color by the time it gets to the plug.

Spark from the coil is blue but it's lost color by the time it hits the plug. The PIP is the pickup coil in these EFI isn't it? I figured those would either work not not work at all not contributing to spark loss.

I might be over thinking it.

You say it starts if you give it a shot of ether or fuel?

Are you sure the gas in your tank is fresh?

Put gas in it before it died. It did it with gas in it before I put gas in it again.

No, it will not fire with starting fluid. But to be fair I tried doing that with already soaked plugs.

I did find it interesting that the color changes since the PIP is just a hall effect sensor.

A guy commented on an FB post I made that said there is a relay that controls injector pulse and fuel supply that goes bad and will dump fuel. Ill have to check that.

Put gas in it before it died. It did it with gas in it before I put gas in it again.

No, it will not fire with starting fluid. But to be fair I tried doing that with already soaked plugs.

I did find it interesting that the color changes since the PIP is just a hall effect sensor.

A guy commented on an FB post I made that said there is a relay that controls injector pulse and fuel supply that goes bad and will dump fuel. Ill have to check that.

So I replaced the MAP, tried starting after I disconnected the SPOUT connector, found a green wire on the EEC relay so I repaired that, removed and took apart the computer and it looks perfect inside. Injectors stopped firing when I unplugged the EEC relay which shows they are working as I smelled fuel when cranking after I plugged it back jn.

I still have nothing.

So I replaced the MAP, tried starting after I disconnected the SPOUT connector, found a green wire on the EEC relay so I repaired that, removed and took apart the computer and it looks perfect inside. Injectors stopped firing when I unplugged the EEC relay which shows they are working as I smelled fuel when cranking after I plugged it back jn.

I still have nothing.

Today I finally got the personalized plates I ordered back in June (the temporary plate they gave me in the meantime was set to expire on Monday, so just in time!).

No one I work with knew what it means. How about anyone here?

E_TCKET.jpg.58228eb65f2a2bb2f162da0fbc9bf0fe.jpg

Today I finally got the personalized plates I ordered back in June (the temporary plate they gave me in the meantime was set to expire on Monday, so just in time!).

No one I work with knew what it means. How about anyone here?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n102805/E_TCKET.jpg

E Ticket = FUN RIDE!

Dave ----

E Ticket = FUN RIDE!

Dave ----

I thought someone would get it here (most of us are a bit older than the people I work with!). But I did think it would take a bit more than 5 minutes!

Well, I know I keep blowing this post up but this where I am at.

Dried the plugs out, have spark, spark seems to be weak. I hooked up a battery charger and tested the voltage drop. Battery reads 12.4 and 10.7 cranking.

Except then it had a massive voltage drop to 7 volts while cranking and sounded like the starter bogged way down and would barely turn over.

And then it popped off a few times and tried to fire. I found some janky wires by the alternator and played with the connector. Pop, pop. It seems as if either the starter is taking all the juice or there is a short somewhere and when it touches together the electrical system bogs and the spark greatly improves enough to try to fire. I still can't get it to start, but its firing on its own fuel and not ether now.

Edit

Just found these on the alt.

Snapchat-310599302.thumb.jpg.cdf1aa83eb74fd4ccac3d0d7e450242f.jpgSnapchat-1535767865.thumb.jpg.b7a76a404728214201b6f87811224a80.jpgSnapchat-1427838480.thumb.jpg.63690043bc8baea379c97d7c6b163cbc.jpg

Well, I know I keep blowing this post up but this where I am at.

Dried the plugs out, have spark, spark seems to be weak. I hooked up a battery charger and tested the voltage drop. Battery reads 12.4 and 10.7 cranking.

Except then it had a massive voltage drop to 7 volts while cranking and sounded like the starter bogged way down and would barely turn over.

And then it popped off a few times and tried to fire. I found some janky wires by the alternator and played with the connector. Pop, pop. It seems as if either the starter is taking all the juice or there is a short somewhere and when it touches together the electrical system bogs and the spark greatly improves enough to try to fire. I still can't get it to start, but its firing on its own fuel and not ether now.

Edit

Just found these on the alt.

Well, that fireplug on the 2G was about to live up to it is name! 😳

There's a REASON we all switch to the 3G with a full sized charging cable on its own lug.

But is that excite wire in the regulator harness just glommed with solder???

Man! That's janky.

Well, that fireplug on the 2G was about to live up to it is name! 😳

There's a REASON we all switch to the 3G with a full sized charging cable on its own lug.

But is that excite wire in the regulator harness just glommed with solder???

Man! That's janky.

I'm going to replace that plug for now and then convert to 3G shortly before winter using everything I salvaged from my 95.

I am wondering if there is super high resistance in those circuits taking away from the ignition system. I tested power at the coil and have 10 volts at it. It tried to fire a few times fiddling around with this harness. I am thinking when resistance drops the power at the coil increases and the spark quality improves. It wouldn't start, but thats more than I've gotten in a while.

I am amazed the charging system worked in this thing and cannot beleive they weren't changed when they replaced the alternator before I bought it.