Bullnose Forums

Blue 86 Flareside 4x4 302

Another blue Flareside....pffft!...

Everybody has one of those!:nabble_smiley_happy:

Probably a good starting point for a project truck. Easy for you six and a half footers to get in and out of Ray...lol.

Another blue Flareside....pffft!...

Everybody has one of those!:nabble_smiley_happy:

Probably a good starting point for a project truck. Easy for you six and a half footers to get in and out of Ray...lol.

I just sold a house. Its so incredibly difficult right now NOT to go blow the money....

I just sold a house. Its so incredibly difficult right now NOT to go blow the money....

Oh, I see. So you want another Flareside to live in? Might be a bit cramped in there. Should probably look for a crew cab...lol.

PS: There is a blue '84 Bullnose (Reg cab, long bed) 4x2 for sale locally that I really want. It's a 300/6 truck with 4spd, and it's the same color blue as mine. I by no means need another truck, but now that mine is mostly all finished, I don't want to use it as a truck...lol.

Oh, I see. So you want another Flareside to live in? Might be a bit cramped in there. Should probably look for a crew cab...lol.

PS: There is a blue '84 Bullnose (Reg cab, long bed) 4x2 for sale locally that I really want. It's a 300/6 truck with 4spd, and it's the same color blue as mine. I by no means need another truck, but now that mine is mostly all finished, I don't want to use it as a truck...lol.

Dont be saying that. I have been thinking if I can get the windshield in early I want to load the trash in it for the weekly run to the dump.

That is why I bought the truck, think I can sneak in 1 load with out a sticker :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

That is why I bought the truck, think I can sneak in 1 load with out a sticker :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Ha! My inspection and ran out in June or July, I forget which now, so I've been running around without a valid inspection sticker on mine. My plate is up to date, so I'm all good there. I've been thinking of getting the Antique Registration, in which case I'll no longer need the safety inspections, but I don't know if I'm going to bother with that yet. Once you get the "Antique" plate on there, you're technically only supposed to be taking the thing to car shows, or casual afternoon cruises on the weekend, etc. I don't think it matters much...I doubt it's enforced at all, but still...I want to be able to drive the truck to work without any fuss, even if the "normal" registration costs a lot more.

I don't think any of it really matters much as the police would likely never pull over a classic truck around here, not randomly at least.

Dave ----

Ha! My inspection and ran out in June or July, I forget which now, so I've been running around without a valid inspection sticker on mine. My plate is up to date, so I'm all good there. I've been thinking of getting the Antique Registration, in which case I'll no longer need the safety inspections, but I don't know if I'm going to bother with that yet. Once you get the "Antique" plate on there, you're technically only supposed to be taking the thing to car shows, or casual afternoon cruises on the weekend, etc. I don't think it matters much...I doubt it's enforced at all, but still...I want to be able to drive the truck to work without any fuss, even if the "normal" registration costs a lot more.

I don't think any of it really matters much as the police would likely never pull over a classic truck around here, not randomly at least.

Sleeping in Cory? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Here in Connecticut we have two versions of vintage tags, Classic Vehicle and Early American.

Both come with limitations that you cannot be hauling stuff around in the bed/engaged in work.

But I don't see it being enforced either.

Here in Connecticut we have two versions of vintage tags, Classic Vehicle and Early American.

Both come with limitations that you cannot be hauling stuff around in the bed/engaged in work.

But I don't see it being enforced either.

I've got a few police buddies. State and local. They all say "get the antique tag and drive the s**! out of it man, ain't no cop going to pull you over."

So, I daily drive mine without issues.

Yes...lol, is it that obvious??>..:nabble_smiley_grin:

I had to take the wife's wheels to the dealer for service this morning, so I wasn't in a rush to get moving. She wants her winter tires and wheels installed, and it was due for oil change, etc. I normally stick the winter wheels on myself, but apparently the TPMS sensors in her "old" wheels don't work with the newer gen car, so on top of the usual service, I'm also laying out $200 for new sensors this morning.

There's no sign of winter anywhere yet....it was a balmy 65F at 6am this morning. Any real snow is still a solid 2 months away, but we'll be seeing some black ice before too long;).

'tis the world we live in.

TGIF!!