Bullnose Forums

Another Flareside: "Silver"

SCFlareside

Update on the truck, have been really busy and haven't done much with it. At least it's under cover...

Dealt with the tire issue: losing a tire made me realize how bad the 31s that came with the truck really were. It forced me to accelerate a decision on tires and wheels... I decided that i didn't love the offset on the wheels that came with the truck - they looked good with 31s but the offset would sit out a bit too far with 33 x 12.50s.

I sold the wheels that came with the truck on FB Marketplace and am using a "for now" solution. I mounted a set of well used-but-faithful 32" BFGs that I had from the last truck. I put them on a set of aluminum slots that I had rescued. They need a lot of polishing, but we will see - I kind of like the look for now.

Here's a pic I snagged, took it out to Lowes to stretch its legs

Lookin' good! I love the old slot mags and 32's are my favorite tires size for 4x4.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on the truck, have been really busy and haven't done much with it. At least it's under cover...

Dealt with the tire issue: losing a tire made me realize how bad the 31s that came with the truck really were. It forced me to accelerate a decision on tires and wheels... I decided that i didn't love the offset on the wheels that came with the truck - they looked good with 31s but the offset would sit out a bit too far with 33 x 12.50s.

I sold the wheels that came with the truck on FB Marketplace and am using a "for now" solution. I mounted a set of well used-but-faithful 32" BFGs that I had from the last truck. I put them on a set of aluminum slots that I had rescued. They need a lot of polishing, but we will see - I kind of like the look for now.

Here's a pic I snagged, took it out to Lowes to stretch its legs

Good choice! I like the wheels and the tire/wheel combo looks good on the truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dave I always liked the turbines! Nice find!

Ray I do believe the 32s will fit easily on a 2wd truck, but everyone chime in if I'm wrong on that point.

20191026_145104.jpg.abe0751f52fc4e49912ed05b3ffbd43b.jpg

Here is a left side pic. If you're looking at the tire clearance you'll see another interesting point on this truck: someone put beefier leaf springs on the rear. You can feel the higher spring rate and of course it sits up higher.

I'll need to decide whether to go back to factory leafs or to bring the front up just a bit with a leveling kit. I think 1.5 inches in the front wouldn't level it, but it would restore the factory brake at least.

Got to climb around the truck a little more this weekend. Small oil leak from someplace, and ATF as well. Someone did new brake lines and the front pads are good at least. Basically removed a few pounds of dirt...

Turbines came with the truck but were painted black along with the rest of the truck.

I stripped the paint and washed have not tried to polish them.

My 4x2 is also high out back think that is the way they came and once a load was put in the bed it leveled out.

Dave ----

• 1 month later...

Turbines came with the truck but were painted black along with the rest of the truck.

I stripped the paint and washed have not tried to polish them.

My 4x2 is also high out back think that is the way they came and once a load was put in the bed it leveled out.

Dave ----

Got the truck back from the shop finally, had to have brake booster and master cylinder put in. Power steering is still leaking and that's next

Going to take the time off at Christmas and work on the interior a bit

20191223_191103.jpg.71da2a4bae289ed4c389ed8d66ba4c3c.jpg