Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

We get lots of brine and Magnesium Chloride pre-treatment.

During and after the storm it's salt, sometimes mixed with grit.

Question for you Jim since you're in the NE...

What does this Ebay ad show you for shipping charges if any?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-15x8-Fits-85-91-BRONCO-114899/292424196485?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for you Jim since you're in the NE...

What does this Ebay ad show you for shipping charges if any?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-15x8-Fits-85-91-BRONCO-114899/292424196485?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Yeah, that's insanity.

I can remember buying a set of four American Racing white wagon wheels for under $150 delivered.

But I'm old..

From FL to Stamford, CT 06902 was $80 and can have it by the 14th

Dave ----

Holy smokes, 80 bucks shipping within the US. That seems steep. Ok, thanks Dave. I was just curious if it was showing Free Shipping within the US like they often do. If the seller selects that they will ONLY sell/ship within the US, it doesn't show me any shipping, nor does it let me calculate it because my location disqualifies me. I can ship big stuff to Maine, but I can't always see what the shipping estimates are.

Thanks!

From FL to Stamford, CT 06902 was $80 and can have it by the 14th

Dave ----

Holy smokes, 80 bucks shipping within the US. That seems steep. Ok, thanks Dave. I was just curious if it was showing Free Shipping within the US like they often do. If the seller selects that they will ONLY sell/ship within the US, it doesn't show me any shipping, nor does it let me calculate it because my location disqualifies me. I can ship big stuff to Maine, but I can't always see what the shipping estimates are.

Thanks!

It did give a calculator button just had to enter the zip code.

Are you saying you don't even see the calc button? That is strange, I can see if you put in your zip it kicking you back out or "not able to ship to".

That zip was for my home when I lived in CT.

I would say if you see the calc button to enter the zip for the town in ME to see what it would be.

I also though the $80 was a bit much too.

Dave ----

Are you saying you don't even see the calc button? That is strange, I can see if you put in your zip it kicking you back out or "not able to ship to".

Sorry, my bad...if I go down into the shipping calculator area and enter the zip code I use (04619), then yes, it worked. DUH. I guess it depends on how the seller sets up the ad/auction. If they are free shipping, they just show free shipping. Sometimes it will auto-calculate shipping to Canada (if the seller has it enabled to do so). If they have it set up so that they only wish to sell/ship in the US, then it usually shows me that the item is not available in your country or may not be available in your country.

Sorry, my bad...if I go down into the shipping calculator area and enter the zip code I use (04619), then yes, it worked. DUH. I guess it depends on how the seller sets up the ad/auction. If they are free shipping, they just show free shipping. Sometimes it will auto-calculate shipping to Canada (if the seller has it enabled to do so). If they have it set up so that they only wish to sell/ship in the US, then it usually shows me that the item is not available in your country or may not be available in your country.

I had to look for it myself and I wanted to see where it was coming from when I seen the button.

Dave ----

• 3 weeks later...

I was digging through some old pictures and found this one I forgot that I had. This was in the spring of 2018 when my little 302 was being set-up on the dyno for break-in and tuning. The drill was left running in place for probably 20 minutes while the guys finished getting the engine all set up and plug wires installed, etc.

thumbnail_IMG_4582.jpg.b76ee261ca533bd58561721722f5bb18.jpg

I was digging through some old pictures and found this one I forgot that I had. This was in the spring of 2018 when my little 302 was being set-up on the dyno for break-in and tuning. The drill was left running in place for probably 20 minutes while the guys finished getting the engine all set up and plug wires installed, etc.

That’s a neat picture to have!

That’s a neat picture to have!

Well it was a pretty cool day overall for a gear head. This is what the engine looked like when I arrived. I walked in the dyno room and the drill was buzzing away pumping oil all by itself. The main reason I did this was for the break-in, and warranty purposes. This way they can prove that it doesn't leak or make any noises, etc. They had it all dialed in just right so it started right away without hesitation and went straight into cam break-in mode.