Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one beautiful truck, Cory! You must be so proud!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

I am! I got it mostly reassembled today...at least all the big stuff, which made it roadworthy again. Going to install the rear bumper tomorrow and F150 emblems.

It is still covered in dust and grime here, but it is mostly assembled again!

IMG_8765.jpg.66b727d8aa5bfe6693c6259fd1f28abd.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg.0a5bb728a6494588e63834a13af712c6.jpg

IMG_8768.jpg.7f860047e5caa6b0f47579a578ec1c7e.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg.4f82e7666045f5a05fa713e6f7bcde48.jpg

I'm a little disappointed with the fitment of the aftermarket fenders, but I can live with them. The truck looks fine. If somebody wants to look at the small imperfections and point them out, that's fine too. It's an old truck, and I plan on driving the wheels off it.

Stay tuned, there's more to come. It's still filthy dirty and needs interior work, rear bumper, new F150 emblems, stereo and speakers, engine bay cleaning, etc, etc.

That is one beautiful truck, Cory! You must be so proud!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

I am! I got it mostly reassembled today...at least all the big stuff, which made it roadworthy again. Going to install the rear bumper tomorrow and F150 emblems.

It is still covered in dust and grime here, but it is mostly assembled again!

I'm a little disappointed with the fitment of the aftermarket fenders, but I can live with them. The truck looks fine. If somebody wants to look at the small imperfections and point them out, that's fine too. It's an old truck, and I plan on driving the wheels off it.

Stay tuned, there's more to come. It's still filthy dirty and needs interior work, rear bumper, new F150 emblems, stereo and speakers, engine bay cleaning, etc, etc.

That really IS beautiful! Going to have to update the picture. :nabble_smiley_good:

That really IS beautiful! Going to have to update the picture. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Gary! It does look really good, but it's far from perfect. The paint job is really nice, and I'm very pleased with it. The panel fitment, and panel alignment is not 100%, but as I said, it's an old truck, and it is what it is. Most people would never notice, but if you start examining it closely, you can see the gap imperfections.

And still, I have a to-do list a MILE long....lol. That's fine though, it will give me some stuff to do over the winter.

Right now, the short term goal (next few days) is to get it finished, and cleaned up. Then, I'm going to ride the wheels off it as much as I can until the roads get salted, likely sometime after mid-November.

Thanks Gary! It does look really good, but it's far from perfect. The paint job is really nice, and I'm very pleased with it. The panel fitment, and panel alignment is not 100%, but as I said, it's an old truck, and it is what it is. Most people would never notice, but if you start examining it closely, you can see the gap imperfections.

And still, I have a to-do list a MILE long....lol. That's fine though, it will give me some stuff to do over the winter.

Right now, the short term goal (next few days) is to get it finished, and cleaned up. Then, I'm going to ride the wheels off it as much as I can until the roads get salted, likely sometime after mid-November.

Man that is sweet looking.

Here I though it would take a few days to get it back together and based on posts it was 1 day LOL

Dave ----

Man that is sweet looking.

Here I though it would take a few days to get it back together and based on posts it was 1 day LOL

Dave ----

Dave,

I did all of the easy stuff...lol. There's really not much work to installing the bed. Myself and 3 coworkers lifted it on there, and then it's just the 8 bolts, 3 screws to connect the fuel filler, and plug in the left and right tail lights, and bam, it's done.

I have to sort out the fender liners today, get the rear bumper and brackets installed, and then start working on the interior and cleaning up the engine bay.