Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Not yet. I want to get another one first. And some parts too. Not sure I ever want out to be worth a lot since I don't plan to sell. I learned my lesson when I sold my first one.

I get that. I actually like the weathered, dented, rusty and patina look. I could have easily lived with that if I still had original paint, etc. My problem was with the lumpy body fill that had been stuffed into the front fenders and cab corners, bed, etc...it did not look good. My default is for everything to look "nice", and it's difficult to ignore that mindset...

If I bought the truck below, I'd leave it just as it is. I quite like that weathered and original look.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/d/mcalester-1985-ford-f150-she-runs-as/6959271901.html

I don't mine the weathered, surface rust & patina look if it is for real, not this fake crap, but all dented is just a well used truck.

I do like the one below as it is what I would call real and not dented and would also leave it as is if I was to get it.

My default is for everything to look "nice", and it's difficult to ignore that mindset...

You too! Look what it got me into, cab off frame rebuild :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My default is for everything to look "nice", and it's difficult to ignore that mindset...

Dave ----

I've kinda started to realize this dilemma myself. I'd like to improve the appearance a bit, but I don't want a show truck that I'm reluctant to use as a truck.

Dave ----

I've kinda started to realize this dilemma myself. I'd like to improve the appearance a bit, but I don't want a show truck that I'm reluctant to use as a truck.

Mine is going to be a nice looking driver it just happened that it was a cab off frame rebuild LOL

Dave ----

Not yet. I want to get another one first. And some parts too. Not sure I ever want out to be worth a lot since I don't plan to sell. I learned my lesson when I sold my first one.

I get that. I actually like the weathered, dented, rusty and patina look. I could have easily lived with that if I still had original paint, etc. My problem was with the lumpy body fill that had been stuffed into the front fenders and cab corners, bed, etc...it did not look good. My default is for everything to look "nice", and it's difficult to ignore that mindset...

If I bought the truck below, I'd leave it just as it is. I quite like that weathered and original look.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/d/mcalester-1985-ford-f150-she-runs-as/6959271901.html

Paint is ON! A month late, but better late than never!:nabble_smiley_grin:

masked3.jpg.27ac871e1644f77cc0337acb67a659ab.jpg

masked4.jpg.62d0b12ba3d35176aa789daca95e4648.jpg

paint2.jpg.ecb3f646ebdc1d539ca8893dd125c380.jpg

paint4.jpg.1f740201909f8660899d13491826d441.jpg

The pictures are not mine...I haven't even seen it in the flesh yet, but I'll be dropping by after work! Back on the road next week, just in time to get some fall driving in.:nabble_smiley_good:

Congrats! I really like that color.

Thanks Scott! It's supposed to be the original factory color, although I'm having a hard time getting used it compared to the old chalky flat blue that it was...lol. I'm not sure if the new color is 100% correct, but it's close enough for me.

Congrats! I really like that color.

Thanks Scott! It's supposed to be the original factory color, although I'm having a hard time getting used it compared to the old chalky flat blue that it was...lol. I'm not sure if the new color is 100% correct, but it's close enough for me.

My thought is that unless it's a museum all numbers match vehicle, being spot on with the 84 color is less important than you being happy with the look. No doubt -after your truck is back on the road, people will be approaching you about it in the parking lot no matter how close to factory it is!

My thought is that unless it's a museum all numbers match vehicle, being spot on with the 84 color is less important than you being happy with the look. No doubt -after your truck is back on the road, people will be approaching you about it in the parking lot no matter how close to factory it is!

Looks good!

Paint is ON! A month late, but better late than never!:nabble_smiley_grin:

The pictures are not mine...I haven't even seen it in the flesh yet, but I'll be dropping by after work! Back on the road next week, just in time to get some fall driving in.:nabble_smiley_good:

Thats it. Time to rebuild and paint mine.