Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

:nabble_anim_jump: :nabble_anim_claps:

Thank you Gary for sharing my excitement...lol. Who doesn't love a Bullnose with a fresh coat of paint, right?

Apparently there was a dent and a few cups of fill in the front edge of the hood. Never know what you're going to find under the paint I guess. Still...it's going to look so nice when it's all finished. To think that even in it's previous grungy~lumpy~faded and blotchy~multi-colored and body~filled state I was still getting thumbs up on a the street and compliments on it everywhere!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Gary for sharing my excitement...lol. Who doesn't love a Bullnose with a fresh coat of paint, right?

Apparently there was a dent and a few cups of fill in the front edge of the hood. Never know what you're going to find under the paint I guess. Still...it's going to look so nice when it's all finished. To think that even in it's previous grungy~lumpy~faded and blotchy~multi-colored and body~filled state I was still getting thumbs up on a the street and compliments on it everywhere!

Looks great!

Yes, our trucks are getting attention from others these days. Even grungy ones like Big Blue. But when yours rolls out with that new paint it is going to get LOTS more attention. :nabble_smiley_good:

I think you know my answer to that :nabble_smiley_wink:

It is coming along and looking good.

I need another long weekend so I can paint the bed for mine then I will be really really happy :nabble_anim_jump:

Dave ----

... even in it's previous grungy~lumpy~faded and blotchy~multi-colored and body~filled state I was still getting thumbs up on a the street and compliments on it everywhere!

Mine is faded, dented, rusty in spots where the paint has rubbed off; however, every where I take it someone stops me in the parking lot to talk about it.

Yes, our trucks are getting attention from others these days.

I just wish that they were worth more money.:nabble_smiley_cry::nabble_smiley_cry::nabble_smiley_cry:

Not yet. I want to get another one first. And some parts too. Not sure I ever want out to be worth a lot since I don't plan to sell. I learned my lesson when I sold my first one.

Not yet. I want to get another one first. And some parts too. Not sure I ever want out to be worth a lot since I don't plan to sell. I learned my lesson when I sold my first one.

I get that. I actually like the weathered, dented, rusty and patina look. I could have easily lived with that if I still had original paint, etc. My problem was with the lumpy body fill that had been stuffed into the front fenders and cab corners, bed, etc...it did not look good. My default is for everything to look "nice", and it's difficult to ignore that mindset...

If I bought the truck below, I'd leave it just as it is. I quite like that weathered and original look.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/d/mcalester-1985-ford-f150-she-runs-as/6959271901.html