Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went through the box and found a new rear window seal....I didn't even know that was in there, I thought it was just for the doors and door windows.)

Oh! You said DOOR windows. I missed that. I was thinking "It's a window, why wouldn't there be a seal for it in the kit?" :nabble_smiley_blush:

I just went through the box and found a new rear window seal....I didn't even know that was in there, I thought it was just for the doors and door windows.)

Oh! You said DOOR windows. I missed that. I was thinking "It's a window, why wouldn't there be a seal for it in the kit?" :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm not sure who made the stuff I bought from NPD but I'm really not happy with any of it. I put new door seals on recently and had to re-adjust my doors because they wouldn't close. They still don't close right but I haven't had time to mess with them to figure out why there's a difference in how they close after I installed the new seals.

As Gary said, the inner window sweeps need to be riveted on.

Pro tip, when you install the seals for the window channel, install the upper section starting at the corner where the vent window meets the upper part of the door since the seal is angled there and provides a good reference point to start. Work the seal into it's channel, and then let the excess down into the door. Roll the window up, and then tuck the excess into the channels inside the door.

I'm not sure who made the stuff I bought from NPD but I'm really not happy with any of it. I put new door seals on recently and had to re-adjust my doors because they wouldn't close. They still don't close right but I haven't had time to mess with them to figure out why there's a difference in how they close after I installed the new seals.

Pro tip, when you install the seals for the window channel, install the upper section starting at the corner where the vent window meets the upper part of the door since the seal is angled there and provides a good reference point to start. Work the seal into it's channel, and then let the excess down into the door. Roll the window up, and then tuck the excess into the channels inside the door.

Thanks for the Pro tip Salans, every little bit helps.

On the door gaskets, I was reading elsewhere that they'll be quite difficult when new but will break in over time. I was reading on here about the kit I bought, and another member said the door wouldn't close right with the new door seals (Had to slam the doors to close them apparently), and he thought of adjusting the striker but decided to leave it and within a short time the doors were closing fine (presumably after the seals flattened out a bit?)

I think I had some run on sentences there...lol. Sorry.

Thanks for the Pro tip Salans, every little bit helps.

On the door gaskets, I was reading elsewhere that they'll be quite difficult when new but will break in over time. I was reading on here about the kit I bought, and another member said the door wouldn't close right with the new door seals (Had to slam the doors to close them apparently), and he thought of adjusting the striker but decided to leave it and within a short time the doors were closing fine (presumably after the seals flattened out a bit?)

I think I had some run on sentences there...lol. Sorry.

That's been my experience with seals - they flatten out over time and the doors shut better. But it isn't hard to adjust the latches, so instead of slamming the door I think I'd adjust it a few times.

That's been my experience with seals - they flatten out over time and the doors shut better. But it isn't hard to adjust the latches, so instead of slamming the door I think I'd adjust it a few times.

Adjusting the doors on my truck is a goal. Previous owner put felts and wing window seals in at some point. The wing windows seals are aweful. They are way too soft and will not stay. They are wavy, dont sit flat on top of the door panels, ugh, its a mess.

Dont get me started on how hard it is to get these doors adjusted right. Seems like its always a compromise. If the door edges and body lines look good, I have to slam the door. If I dont want to slam the door, I have to sacrifice the door edges/lines looking good.

Im usually very patient with vehicles. But the doors and seals on bullnoses eat me alive.

Adjusting the doors on my truck is a goal. Previous owner put felts and wing window seals in at some point. The wing windows seals are aweful. They are way too soft and will not stay. They are wavy, dont sit flat on top of the door panels, ugh, its a mess.

Dont get me started on how hard it is to get these doors adjusted right. Seems like its always a compromise. If the door edges and body lines look good, I have to slam the door. If I dont want to slam the door, I have to sacrifice the door edges/lines looking good.

Im usually very patient with vehicles. But the doors and seals on bullnoses eat me alive.

Have the door seals been in long? My paint/body guy said to let the truck sit in the sun for several days and the seals will soften up.

As for the piece that goes on the door panel, do not staple them. That is likely to break the door panel. DAHIK. Instead, use small pop rivets.

Regarding these particular pieces...they are the ones in the kit without the metal clips, right?

I have the kit here, and the door cards here, but not the truck or doors. There are two with clips on them...I assume these are the ones that go on the doors? And the ones without clips are the ones I need to pop rivet to the door cards/panels?