Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

I picked up a set of bushings this morning. The Dorman ones that say they're for tailgates but use to stop door rattles...lol.

Anyway, I am clearly missing something here, but how exactly do you change the bushing? The washer does not come off...

Cory, read post #2 of this thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1591874-85-f-150-striker-bolt-search.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1983-1986-Ford-Crown-Victoria-Door-Latch-Striker-Plate-E9AZ-5422008-A/372649030844?epid=16017010605&hash=item56c39cf4bc:g:tS8AAOSwl8Vco7Jf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, according to the OP, that striker does not fit...

Hmmm.

I can cut the washer off, I guess...but what a stupid design...lol.

Hmmm.

The Pex tubing approach is what I’ve read works well. Apparently it is stiff enough to return to round after you slit it and pry it on.

Hmmm.

I can attest to the fact that they do not come apart in a way that makes them reusable. Out of curiosity I tried to remove the washer on a striker bolt that was missing the bushing. The striker bolt came out of the washer, but it was completely stripped out/cross-threaded.

Hmmm.

Just built to be replaced as a unit....

It surely lasted beyond the 10 year service life expected of most components.

Who in their right mind would try to rejuvinate a striker bolt that probably cost under $5 retail at the time?

Who in their right mind would try to rejuvinate a striker bolt that probably cost under $5 retail at the time?

Nobody, but decades later when people want to buy the part they find out that it is NLA and has been obsolete since Nirvana was a new band.

Nobody, but decades later when people want to buy the part they find out that it is NLA and has been obsolete since Nirvana was a new band.

And that's we have an aftermarket, and companies that reproduce parts from original tooling.