Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you do multi quotes?
I hit Reply, then Quote; then I delete the text I'm not replying to, copy (CTRL+C) the "quote author" tag, paste it (CTRL+V) behind the "/quote" tag, copy both tags (in reverse order), undo (CTRL+Z) the paste, then paste them into the quoted text where I want to break it up. If I want to reply to several posts, I copy (or cut CTRL+X) what I've done so far, browse BACK to the thread, quote the next post, paste what I've done so far at the beginning, and continue as before with the new author.
The only way I know to do it is to open the thread in two tabs, hit Reply to the two different posts, hit Quote to them, and then copy the quote text from one to the other.
The way I do it, I don't have 2 tabs open for the same thread. I know me - I'd get confused switching between them. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I hit Reply, then Quote; then I delete the text I'm not replying to, copy (CTRL+C) the "quote author" tag, paste it (CTRL+V) behind the "/quote" tag, copy both tags (in reverse order), undo (CTRL+Z) the paste, then paste them into the quoted text where I want to break it up. If I want to reply to several posts, I copy (or cut CTRL+X) what I've done so far, browse BACK to the thread, quote the next post, paste what I've done so far at the beginning, and continue as before with the new author.
The only way I know to do it is to open the thread in two tabs, hit Reply to the two different posts, hit Quote to them, and then copy the quote text from one to the other.
The way I do it, I don't have 2 tabs open for the same thread. I know me - I'd get confused switching between them. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I got confused trying to follow what you said! :nabble_anim_crazy:

I got confused trying to follow what you said! :nabble_anim_crazy:

You and me both! :nabble_anim_confused:

I will have to see what I can do down the road but if I cant oh well :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----

Are they symmetrical?

They would be if the trucks didn't have steps.:nabble_smiley_happy:

The fenders have an indented area at the front of each fender where the steps attach. Otherwise, they are symmetrical, yes.

Gentlemen,

I pulled my power steering pump off the engine for some other random work and noticed that my fuel pump was covered in oil. Now...I did have a minor but nagging oil leak, and I thought it was coming from the fitting that the oil pressure switch screws into. This is basically a brand new engine with all new gaskets and freshly painted...and the ONLY old part that went back on the "new" engine was this stupid fuel pump. The pump was new when I bought the truck, so I decided to just stick the new-ish looking pump back on the engine. Every time I took the truck for a drive, I would see these oil stains/runs on the outside of the oil filter, and sometimes a drip or two of oil on the fitting below the oil pressure switch.There was never enough that it dripped on the floor or anything. Anyway...it never even occurred to me that it might be the fuel pump until I saw oil all around the center where it is crimped together.

Any recommendations on pump brands to buy/install? I see on RockAuto there is a Carter brand pump for $20 bucks. Local auto parts wants $40 for a Chinese made pump...there's no brand on it, but they think it might be an Airtex. Does Ford sell these old mechanical pumps anymore?

Any words of wisdom from the BTDT crowd?

IMG_7143.jpg.da56510c0bb9a6155c4605ece76be613.jpg

Gentlemen,

I pulled my power steering pump off the engine for some other random work and noticed that my fuel pump was covered in oil. Now...I did have a minor but nagging oil leak, and I thought it was coming from the fitting that the oil pressure switch screws into. This is basically a brand new engine with all new gaskets and freshly painted...and the ONLY old part that went back on the "new" engine was this stupid fuel pump. The pump was new when I bought the truck, so I decided to just stick the new-ish looking pump back on the engine. Every time I took the truck for a drive, I would see these oil stains/runs on the outside of the oil filter, and sometimes a drip or two of oil on the fitting below the oil pressure switch.There was never enough that it dripped on the floor or anything. Anyway...it never even occurred to me that it might be the fuel pump until I saw oil all around the center where it is crimped together.

Any recommendations on pump brands to buy/install? I see on RockAuto there is a Carter brand pump for $20 bucks. Local auto parts wants $40 for a Chinese made pump...there's no brand on it, but they think it might be an Airtex. Does Ford sell these old mechanical pumps anymore?

Any words of wisdom from the BTDT crowd?

Cory,

I replaced mine with one Napa had in stock and it has done well. I would be wary of NOS ones as they may not have the right components for today's alcohol enriched gasoline.

Cory,

I replaced mine with one Napa had in stock and it has done well. I would be wary of NOS ones as they may not have the right components for today's alcohol enriched gasoline.

I agree, NOS might not like today's gas. And, the diaphragm might be old and brittle.

The Carter should be good.

I agree, NOS might not like today's gas. And, the diaphragm might be old and brittle.

The Carter should be good.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies. Understood on not using a NOS fuel pump...I wouldn't do that. I think I worded that wrong originally. I didn't mean that I wanted an "old" NOS Ford pump...I wanted a new pump for an old Ford;). I was just curious if it was something that Ford dealers still supported like some of the other items they seem to have like ignition modules and starter solenoids (Er...sorry Steve83, I mean starter relay...lol). Anyway, no big deal. I will check tomorrow and see what brand Napa has. It's not that I'm overly fussy, it's just that I'd like to stick something on there that I can forget about.

Have you guys seen them leak oil like this one is around the crimped seam?