Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Cory, note the filler door is a flare side only part.

Yeah,

I remember that the doors were different. I will have a look at mine again this morning. It is in a box at work and I haven't looked at it in 6 months I'm sure. The door itself is OK, it's the mounting hardware that goes inside the plastic housing that is rusty.

Oddly enough, LMC actually has new Flareside doors...and no Styleside doors. NOS items perhaps?...If they were aftermarket, why wouldn't you have them for Stylesides? Anyway, they're $137 USD each...which will cost me in the area of $250 CDN by the time it would arrive here...and I'm really not wanting to spend that much on a stupid fuel door assembly.

This is what I'm up against. This part is going to be unobtanium around here. I guess I'll try and cut the rusty material out and weld a new piece in. What's the worst that can happen...lol.

IMG_7106.jpg.6a733c184545f4d017f27670d4749144.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg.f4aa0489790bfb12f00af477eb474dff.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg.81a3e65c4fefe9203e06047655ab8fdd.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I'm up against. This part is going to be unobtanium around here. I guess I'll try and cut the rusty material out and weld a new piece in. What's the worst that can happen...lol.

I'll check my stash to see if it there's a chance that the Flareside doors I have look like that part could be grafted on.

And, by the way, I like the "bandaid". Mine are pink. Blue looks more manly. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll check my stash to see if it there's a chance that the Flareside doors I have look like that part could be grafted on.

And, by the way, I like the "bandaid". Mine are pink. Blue looks more manly. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Looks like he's ordered band-aids color-matched to his truck. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Looks like he's ordered band-aids color-matched to his truck. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

LOL. That never even occurred to me, but the color is very close!

I don't know what brand bandaids they are...I got them at my work, but they're really tough! They don't fall off...I had to cut one off this morning.

LOL. That never even occurred to me, but the color is very close!

I don't know what brand bandaids they are...I got them at my work, but they're really tough! They don't fall off...I had to cut one off this morning.

Not to be outdone, I guess I'll have to order some maroon ones. (You'll have to take my word for there being two as it is rather hard to hold a camera and take a picture of both hands at the same time.) But, how many people does it take to put an Aggie bandaid on?

DSCN3587.jpg.fac1a03b488567e86e7bccd59baaa2ea.jpg

Cory - I think Ford may have used the same part on the Stylesides.

Here's a pic of one from a Styleside that I haven't taken out/off of the door. But, I can do for you - did you just bend the tabs a bit to get the pins out?

It measures 3 15/16" center-to-center on the holes and 3 3/16" from the left tip to the tab at the bottom, 3" from the right tip to the tab, and 4 11/16" outside/outside on the tabs.

If it'll work for you I'll pull it and ship it to you.

DSCN3588.jpg.39e1aefb3147bf34cdbd90c7624a9010.jpg

DSCN3588.jpg

Gary, different shape I'm afraid. Flareside is shorter and wider by the looks of it. I think I can fix this one...stay tuned. But yes...you just squeeze the spring with a Channellock an it almost falls out, and then bend the tabs to get the pins out. In any case, I'll report back with this one after I attempt to repair it.

IMG_7109.jpg.24386e7eca14d3e0e2628111c0c86146.jpg

DSCN3588.jpg

Gary, different shape I'm afraid. Flareside is shorter and wider by the looks of it. I think I can fix this one...stay tuned. But yes...you just squeeze the spring with a Channellock an it almost falls out, and then bend the tabs to get the pins out. In any case, I'll report back with this one after I attempt to repair it.

Standing by ..... :nabble_anim_working: