Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Cory - That is a Plate (Brake Shoe Anchor Pin) D7TZ 2028-B. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thanks Gary,

I'll free it up, no worries. Appreciate the reply.

Now, I'm just installing the master cylinder, and I can't remember the orientation of the brake switch and plastic bushings, etc. Do you have a picture of this on the site? I just checked the brakes page and I didn't see it.

I just found this picture and I think this shows it...

p1020904.jpg.34ab1b90171663f5c46e9844229eb3b6.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't find the brake pedal linkage in the Driveline/Clutches & Linkage page? :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Gary, no sir, I did not look very hard, and I only went through the brakes section. But thanks for the link...now I have to take it apart again because I put the little black bushing in backwards...lol.

Be right back...:nabble_smiley_whistling:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/968732/thumbnail/booins.jpg

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1130290/thumbnail/boos.jpg

Thanks Steve. New booster and master is finally installed, and a I can now run some brake lines. Thanks again for the recommendation on the later master. I prefer the look of the old style cast iron one, but I can't stand that they are a rusty eyesore in almost every engine bay.

Now, bending the lines to make them look like they belong is the next job. This truck is just an old rust bucket, but things like sloppily run brake lines are a pet peeve of mine.

I did the rear axle brake lines yesterday, and I tried to make them look like a half way original job.

IMG_6873.jpg.fc90d45ad10a2d17eb30b9532b4fb1c4.jpg

I just need to run the line from the master to the rear flex line then I can finally install the fuel tank, etc. Been waiting to get the cab mounts and brake lines done before lifting the new tank into place. My shoulder is pretty well healed up these days and I'm getting my focus back.

I also picked up a set of car dollies on a more than half off sale. Since I have such a small space to work in, it is going to make my life a little easier being able to move the truck around.

IMG_6876.jpg.3173cad00969629910d56004bf7fce02.jpg

Once I have the brake and fuel lines done, it will be time to start dealing with some body work....the cab corners need to be replaced. Well, lots of stuff needs to be replaced, but the cab corners will be the first thing to tackle while the bed is still off the truck.

On the plastic fuel line you guys recommended, it was 5/16" correct? And you just heat it a little bit to get it on to a 5/16" hose barb?

Thanks Steve. New booster and master is finally installed, and a I can now run some brake lines. Thanks again for the recommendation on the later master. I prefer the look of the old style cast iron one, but I can't stand that they are a rusty eyesore in almost every engine bay.

Now, bending the lines to make them look like they belong is the next job. This truck is just an old rust bucket, but things like sloppily run brake lines are a pet peeve of mine.

I did the rear axle brake lines yesterday, and I tried to make them look like a half way original job.

I just need to run the line from the master to the rear flex line then I can finally install the fuel tank, etc. Been waiting to get the cab mounts and brake lines done before lifting the new tank into place. My shoulder is pretty well healed up these days and I'm getting my focus back.

I also picked up a set of car dollies on a more than half off sale. Since I have such a small space to work in, it is going to make my life a little easier being able to move the truck around.

Once I have the brake and fuel lines done, it will be time to start dealing with some body work....the cab corners need to be replaced. Well, lots of stuff needs to be replaced, but the cab corners will be the first thing to tackle while the bed is still off the truck.

On the plastic fuel line you guys recommended, it was 5/16" correct? And you just heat it a little bit to get it on to a 5/16" hose barb?

Looking good!

Yes, the cast iron master does look "old school", but they do become an unsightly mess pretty quickly. I suppose it is possible to paint or powder coat them, but any spilled brake fluid will quickly ruin the finish, so it is hardly worth it cause you know that lid is going to leak. Given that, I'm going with the newer aluminum/plastic master every time.

As for running the brake lines, yours look perfect. Nice and straight - every bit as good as the stainless lines I bought. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, thanks for the reminder on that. My plan was to finish the front suspension and driveline and then install the engine/tranny combo by raising the cab with the lift. But, somewhere along the way I need to get the brake lines run across the front and from the back to the front. :nabble_smiley_good:

And on the plastic fuel line, it is amazing how easily it goes together with a little bit of heat.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good!

Yes, the cast iron master does look "old school", but they do become an unsightly mess pretty quickly. I suppose it is possible to paint or powder coat them, but any spilled brake fluid will quickly ruin the finish, so it is hardly worth it cause you know that lid is going to leak. Given that, I'm going with the newer aluminum/plastic master every time.

As for running the brake lines, yours look perfect. Nice and straight - every bit as good as the stainless lines I bought. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, thanks for the reminder on that. My plan was to finish the front suspension and driveline and then install the engine/tranny combo by raising the cab with the lift. But, somewhere along the way I need to get the brake lines run across the front and from the back to the front. :nabble_smiley_good:

And on the plastic fuel line, it is amazing how easily it goes together with a little bit of heat.

It only took me a year or so, but I finally got around to installing the rear swaybar. I can feel a big difference in just bouncing on the one corner...before you could compress just one side, and it was really soft. Now the rear feels even and stiff. Can't wait to get the front one on (and the Redhead steering box).

IMG_7079.jpg.f9deee3a82369b02adab577f0e7f04b5.jpg

Besides that, I have only one brake line to run...the front one between the two flex lines that crosses under the oil pan. New calipers are on, new flex lines, all lines to master cylinder, etc. Just one stupid line to do, and I chose to install the rear swaybar tonight because I just didn't feel like laying under the truck...lol.

I'll get it done this week sometime.

Then the fuel tank and line, and I still have to throw the rear drum brakes all back together, which reminds me, I need to pick up a hardware kit;).

That's all. Small progress, but still progress...lol.

It only took me a year or so, but I finally got around to installing the rear swaybar. I can feel a big difference in just bouncing on the one corner...before you could compress just one side, and it was really soft. Now the rear feels even and stiff. Can't wait to get the front one on (and the Redhead steering box).

Besides that, I have only one brake line to run...the front one between the two flex lines that crosses under the oil pan. New calipers are on, new flex lines, all lines to master cylinder, etc. Just one stupid line to do, and I chose to install the rear swaybar tonight because I just didn't feel like laying under the truck...lol.

Then the fuel tank and line, and I still have to throw the rear drum brakes all back together, which reminds me, I need to pick up a hardware kit;).

Looks good.

Yes, it does look good! :nabble_smiley_good:

It amazes me how few of the Bullnose trucks have sway bars when they are now pretty well standard on new cars.