Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this?

That's great Gary, thank you. My apologies...I didn't mean for anybody to have to take the effort to actually look it up...I thought it might have been one of those things that you knew off the top of your head;).

No, my head is :nabble_anim_crazy:. That's 'cause I'm waaaaaaay in, far over my head in documentation. I just posted a new thread asking for help on the tip of the iceberg on that subject. But, there are two more similar documents that I've had scanned and will, soon process.

However, "process" is way to simple of a word. I had the people doing the scanning take the booklet apart and scan it that way. But, that gave me 30 pdf pages, each of which held two pages for a 70-page document. And, they aren't adjacent. So, it took hours to duplicate each page and then crop it to keep only the appropriate one.

Plus, on the TSB front Keith Dickson (Mr FORDification) found me a trove of TSBs from the late 70's to the late 90's. But, they are in Michigan. And there are probably 500 booklets/25,000 pages and they fill up 22 large 3-ring binders. So, shipping looks EXPENSIVE. Given that, there may be a road trip in the offing.

Meanwhile I'm trying to scan in some of the interchange pages as they look REALLY useful to folks.

So, you can see why my brain isn't about to retain anything, much less torque values. So, I'd rather give you the real thing rather than what I think it is. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• 2 weeks later...

No, my head is :nabble_anim_crazy:. That's 'cause I'm waaaaaaay in, far over my head in documentation. I just posted a new thread asking for help on the tip of the iceberg on that subject. But, there are two more similar documents that I've had scanned and will, soon process.

However, "process" is way to simple of a word. I had the people doing the scanning take the booklet apart and scan it that way. But, that gave me 30 pdf pages, each of which held two pages for a 70-page document. And, they aren't adjacent. So, it took hours to duplicate each page and then crop it to keep only the appropriate one.

Plus, on the TSB front Keith Dickson (Mr FORDification) found me a trove of TSBs from the late 70's to the late 90's. But, they are in Michigan. And there are probably 500 booklets/25,000 pages and they fill up 22 large 3-ring binders. So, shipping looks EXPENSIVE. Given that, there may be a road trip in the offing.

Meanwhile I'm trying to scan in some of the interchange pages as they look REALLY useful to folks.

So, you can see why my brain isn't about to retain anything, much less torque values. So, I'd rather give you the real thing rather than what I think it is. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Guys,

Are any of you familiar with cab mounts? Specifically, LMC cab mounts?

I was just unwrapping these tonight to get everything fitted together, and the rear cab mounts don't seem right. The front cab mounts fit together nicely and leave a small gap for the steel mount on the frame. The rear mounts to not fit together and have a large gap where the crossmember sits between them. Is that normal?

IMG_6655.jpg.2d45a40d2f845708c1c4495364fb445c.jpg

I called LMC to see if I had some mixed and matched parts. I'm not sure why, but they have two listings for the rear upper mounts 1980-1994, and then a different one for 1995-1996, but they both have the same part number, and they assured me that they were the same. However, the rear lower cushion has a completely different year break...1980-1986, and then 1987-1996. Why would there be different lower mounts if the uppers were all the same from 1980-1996?

LMC_Mounts.jpg.15e9ee5db3154a69fbd294030173d01f.jpg

Anybody been there and done that with the LMC rear cab mounts?

Guys,

Are any of you familiar with cab mounts? Specifically, LMC cab mounts?

I was just unwrapping these tonight to get everything fitted together, and the rear cab mounts don't seem right. The front cab mounts fit together nicely and leave a small gap for the steel mount on the frame. The rear mounts to not fit together and have a large gap where the crossmember sits between them. Is that normal?

I called LMC to see if I had some mixed and matched parts. I'm not sure why, but they have two listings for the rear upper mounts 1980-1994, and then a different one for 1995-1996, but they both have the same part number, and they assured me that they were the same. However, the rear lower cushion has a completely different year break...1980-1986, and then 1987-1996. Why would there be different lower mounts if the uppers were all the same from 1980-1996?

Anybody been there and done that with the LMC rear cab mounts?

Yours don't look like mine, which are shown here: Suspension & Steering/Body Mounts and then the Cab Mounts tab followed by the Rear Cab Mounts tab. (And, if you follow that all the way I'll be surprised. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:)

Yours don't look like mine, which are shown here: Suspension & Steering/Body Mounts and then the Cab Mounts tab followed by the Rear Cab Mounts tab. (And, if you follow that all the way I'll be surprised. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:)

Gary,

Your parts are all the same as mine...same part numbers and everything.

Have you installed the ones in these pics?

Man, the rear cab mounts just don't seem right to me the way the upper and lower cushions contact each other.

The front upper/lower cushions fit together perfectly, but the rear ones do not fit like this.

Hmmm...

I wonder what is different about the 1987-1996 rear lower cushions?

Gary,

Man, the rear cab mounts just don't seem right to me the way the upper and lower cushions contact each other.

The front upper/lower cushions fit together perfectly, but the rear ones do not fit like this.

Hmmm...

Yes, mine are installed. I didn't do it as my paint/body man did it, but he didn't have any problems.

Let me see if I can find info about the later ones in the catalog... :nabble_anim_working:

Yes, mine are installed. I didn't do it as my paint/body man did it, but he didn't have any problems.

Let me see if I can find info about the later ones in the catalog... :nabble_anim_working:

Ok, go back to the link above and look at the Ford Part Numbers tab. There you'll see the rear cab mount and it shows that they were the same up until a build date of 10/88.

Gary,

Hmmm...

This shows the same set for '84 & '94:

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/products/ford_f150_2wd_1984?scri=8,1&filter