Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Is this something we want to capture in Resources?

Up to you Gary. I'm pretty sure places like LMC sell the Bullnose ducts as well, but these ones seem to fit OK. They're a little tight to fit on the ends, but they do fit. I was going simply on Lariat85's recommendation based on what he used himself.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to you Gary. I'm pretty sure places like LMC sell the Bullnose ducts as well, but these ones seem to fit OK. They're a little tight to fit on the ends, but they do fit. I was going simply on Lariat85's recommendation based on what he used himself.

I believe it is worth keeping, Gary.

I got it all test fitted tonight, and I think everything is going to be OK. I have a 1" riser under the air cleaner, and it is really close to the firewall, but I think it'll be alright. I have new decals on order for the lid, and it still needs paint (base and snorkels) and polish (the cover).

IMG_5593.jpg

And then I came across this other vintage? SVO Ford Motorsports cover...which was all chrome 35 years ago...but it has since been partially painted. I ordered an extra set of the 5.0 Liter 4V H.O. black stripe decals for it as well, which will hide the outer silver painted ring. Not sure how I feel about this one yet. I know they were cool when new, but this one hasn't aged well...lol. Anyway, maybe it will be garage wall art if nothing else;).

IMG_5597.jpg

I also grabbed a factory Ford air cleaner wing nut at the junkyard the other day (from the '84 Bronco that Pete's a-pillar pieces came from). I had lost my original, and didn't I think I was a keener sand blasting it, and then painting it all fresh satin black, only to find out that it is for an M6 stud and not 1/4-20. Bugger.

Anyway...I'm just playin' around...wasting time and money. What else is new.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I wish you had not have gotten a blue flareside, that is what I want....cause if I get one too its going to be like way expensive having to travel back and forth between my place and yours to compare them every other weekend....:nabble_anim_drunk:

I got it all test fitted tonight, and I think everything is going to be OK. I have a 1" riser under the air cleaner, and it is really close to the firewall, but I think it'll be alright. I have new decals on order for the lid, and it still needs paint (base and snorkels) and polish (the cover).

IMG_5593.jpg

And then I came across this other vintage? SVO Ford Motorsports cover...which was all chrome 35 years ago...but it has since been partially painted. I ordered an extra set of the 5.0 Liter 4V H.O. black stripe decals for it as well, which will hide the outer silver painted ring. Not sure how I feel about this one yet. I know they were cool when new, but this one hasn't aged well...lol. Anyway, maybe it will be garage wall art if nothing else;).

IMG_5597.jpg

I also grabbed a factory Ford air cleaner wing nut at the junkyard the other day (from the '84 Bronco that Pete's a-pillar pieces came from). I had lost my original, and didn't I think I was a keener sand blasting it, and then painting it all fresh satin black, only to find out that it is for an M6 stud and not 1/4-20. Bugger.

Anyway...I'm just playin' around...wasting time and money. What else is new.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I wish you had not have gotten a blue flareside, that is what I want....cause if I get one too its going to be like way expensive having to travel back and forth between my place and yours to compare them every other weekend....:nabble_anim_drunk:

Hmmm... finish the floor first and then find you Flareside! :nabble_smiley_good:

A new set of cab corners popped up for sale online locally, and I was going to be ordering a set this winter anyway, so...

More Ford junk for the shelf in garage...lol. The seller had purchased them for a project that ended up getting scrapped.

IMG_5603.jpg.0d104e7637c14f1fa23163f72087b997.jpg

A new set of cab corners popped up for sale online locally, and I was going to be ordering a set this winter anyway, so...

More Ford junk for the shelf in garage...lol. The seller had purchased them for a project that ended up getting scrapped.

Always good to plan/order ahead. :nabble_smiley_good:

Indeed! I also scored a set of valve covers for for my little 302 today. I currently have the factory steel covers installed (painted dark blue with the engine), and I was totally fine with them, but these guys caught my eye and were pretty cheap.

KIJIJI_stuff_012.jpg.3855dfcfb99e106328c0a1fa50abc8c4.jpg

Indeed! I also scored a set of valve covers for for my little 302 today. I currently have the factory steel covers installed (painted dark blue with the engine), and I was totally fine with them, but these guys caught my eye and were pretty cheap.

Pretty! I really like cast valve covers, and those look to be very nice ones.

Nice! :nabble_smiley_whistling: