Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

So, the Blue Mule is covered for the winter?

Sort of. I got in the habit of covering it a couple months ago because it was always getting covered in dust. There is a garbage can in front of the truck where Mrs. Rembrant takes the Dyson and dumps it out and then uses compressed air to blow it out and the dust all over everything...lol. That and just the dirt in general that accumulates in a working garage. Dust, sawdust, dirt, leaves, whatever. I just found it easier to whip the sheets off it and it was always shiny clean and ready to roll.

But yes...winter is here. We haven't had any snow yet, but might get a dusting tomorrow. Where I live we usually don't get any snow that sticks and stays until well into January. The road salt is the issue, and if it's not on the road tomorrow it will be soon, and that is the official end of the truck season for me.

So ya, it's covered for the season, but it was kinda covered anyway;).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the Blue Mule is covered for the winter?

Sort of. I got in the habit of covering it a couple months ago because it was always getting covered in dust. There is a garbage can in front of the truck where Mrs. Rembrant takes the Dyson and dumps it out and then uses compressed air to blow it out and the dust all over everything...lol. That and just the dirt in general that accumulates in a working garage. Dust, sawdust, dirt, leaves, whatever. I just found it easier to whip the sheets off it and it was always shiny clean and ready to roll.

But yes...winter is here. We haven't had any snow yet, but might get a dusting tomorrow. Where I live we usually don't get any snow that sticks and stays until well into January. The road salt is the issue, and if it's not on the road tomorrow it will be soon, and that is the official end of the truck season for me.

So ya, it's covered for the season, but it was kinda covered anyway;).

Makes sense to cover the truck w/that going on.

As for the snow, we have our second round going on as I type. And this time it has been below freezing for a couple of days so it'll stick.

But we won't get much as I'm sending it on to Jim and then to you, Cory. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Simple mind, simple pleasures....

I got some vintage Ford jewelry for the front of the old Blue Mule. I've been looking for one of these "Ford Trucks" plates for a couple years now. I like my plain chrome front bumper, but at the same time I wanted something to put on there to break it up a little bit, ya know? The province did away with our front plates here 15-20 years ago.

Funny story: So one day a couple weeks ago I'm scrolling through the online classifieds coast to coast looking for 1980-1986 Ford stuff. I see this ad on the west coast, a good 3500+ miles west of me for a 1980-1986 Ford truck grill, and the seller said he'd throw in this vintage Ford Trucks plate with it (Both had been hanging on the wall in his shop for decades). The grill wasn't a Bullnose grill at all, and appeared to me to be a 1979-1991 Econoline grill. So I messaged the guy and said hey, that's not a truck grill it's a van grill, and by the way would you sell that plate? He replied and said that a couple people already asked about it and he was thinking about it and had no idea what it was worth. So I emailed back with my offer on it, had a couple more exchanges with the guy and two weeks later it's in my mailbox. It's not mint...a bit dinged up and a couple whiffs of overspray on it, but it fits well with the other roughed up areas on my truck, and my front bumper isn't so bare anymore!

I really like that touch, Cory!

Definitely makes the blue mule stand out.

Repros would probably sell well.

It's not mint...a bit dinged up and a couple whiffs of overspray on it, but it fits well with the other roughed up areas on my truck, and my front bumper isn't so bare anymore!

The plate looks quite good, Cory. What you described is known in some circles as "Patina"! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Cory, I probably have a 1984 Kentucky License plate....I have many other years too, if you ever make it down, Ill trade ya a fender for it lol.