Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Dash lighting looks good, but I'm more interested in the 90MPH at under 2000RPM?!:nabble_smiley_what:

Oh...I'm in Canada, so my speedometer is in Kilometers. That's 90 km/h, or about 55MPH?

With the 5spd and 3.08 rear diff, my truck is geared pretty tall. On the highway at 70MPH, I'm still only running at 2000 RPM.

Not much new news on the old Blue Mule project truck these days...everything is working very well, and I've been getting out for the weekly car gatherings (Thursday nights, weather permitting of course).

I guess no news is good news? Just driving it, waxing it, and showing it off whenever I can. With the classic car shows all cancelled this year due to Covid-19, I haven't gotten it out into the public eye as much as I'd like to, but I did attend a classic car show and shine today and the old Bullnose got rave reviews (But no trophies).

Something worth noting...and I forget exactly where we were discussing it earlier this spring, but my new door seals have settled in quite nicely and the doors are no longer difficult to close. When they were new, I could barely close the doors at all without slamming them as hard as possible. Now, they actually seem fairly normal...or like tight doors should feel I guess. Two thumbs up for the Fairchild door seals kit.

I have all of the new SEM paint for the dash and door panels, but haven't gotten to it yet. Between the humidity and being in the middle of car season (driving the truck on a weekly basis) I haven't really wanted to rip things apart for painting. I hope the paint is OK sitting for a while...which reminds me, I should go and give it a good shaking...lol.

The engine does have a lifter tick on cold starts that annoys me greatly...it seems to hang on a little too long sometimes, but it does go away and quiets down. Once warmed up, the engine/carb starts and runs as well as any EFI 5.0L does.

In any case, it's a huge hit with the old guys (even if they're not Ford guys...lol). Flaresides are always a hit (even though nobody calls them that...lol).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much new news on the old Blue Mule project truck these days...everything is working very well, and I've been getting out for the weekly car gatherings (Thursday nights, weather permitting of course).

I guess no news is good news? Just driving it, waxing it, and showing it off whenever I can. With the classic car shows all cancelled this year due to Covid-19, I haven't gotten it out into the public eye as much as I'd like to, but I did attend a classic car show and shine today and the old Bullnose got rave reviews (But no trophies).

Something worth noting...and I forget exactly where we were discussing it earlier this spring, but my new door seals have settled in quite nicely and the doors are no longer difficult to close. When they were new, I could barely close the doors at all without slamming them as hard as possible. Now, they actually seem fairly normal...or like tight doors should feel I guess. Two thumbs up for the Fairchild door seals kit.

I have all of the new SEM paint for the dash and door panels, but haven't gotten to it yet. Between the humidity and being in the middle of car season (driving the truck on a weekly basis) I haven't really wanted to rip things apart for painting. I hope the paint is OK sitting for a while...which reminds me, I should go and give it a good shaking...lol.

The engine does have a lifter tick on cold starts that annoys me greatly...it seems to hang on a little too long sometimes, but it does go away and quiets down. Once warmed up, the engine/carb starts and runs as well as any EFI 5.0L does.

In any case, it's a huge hit with the old guys (even if they're not Ford guys...lol). Flaresides are always a hit (even though nobody calls them that...lol).

I'm SO JEALOUS! Sure must be nice. Congrat's! :nabble_anim_claps:

And glad the door seals are settling in. That is good news.

I'm SO JEALOUS! Sure must be nice. Congrat's! :nabble_anim_claps:

And glad the door seals are settling in. That is good news.

Well Gary...I'm not sure what I think about this, but I decided today that I must get one of those folding camping chairs to take with me now so I can sit by the truck...hahaha...and I swore that I wasn't going to do that...lol.

And I got a sunburn today too...maybe I also need one of those umbrellas too...

Cooler full of ice and cold drinks...

Folding chair...

Umbrella (or ball cap at the very least)

Showing it off is fun:nabble_smiley_grin:

Well Gary...I'm not sure what I think about this, but I decided today that I must get one of those folding camping chairs to take with me now so I can sit by the truck...hahaha...and I swore that I wasn't going to do that...lol.

Folding chair...

Make sure you have someone take a pic of you by your truck in your folding chair and under the umbrella, cooler by your side, for the up-coming virtual truck show. :nabble_smiley_good:

Folding chair...

Make sure you have someone take a pic of you by your truck in your folding chair and under the umbrella, cooler by your side, for the up-coming virtual truck show. :nabble_smiley_good:

Awesome build thread and resulting beautiful truck! I like the way you ran your exhaust versus how I had mine done. From the factory, my exhaust run from behind the passenger rear wheel. When I put full dual exhaust on it, I kept with the same configuration. At start up, it throws moisture and raw fuel on anything that side of the truck.

Forgive me, as I may have over looked it but what headers did you go with? I know they are shorties, just didn't catch a specific brand.

Forgive me, as I may have over looked it but what headers did you go with? I know they are shorties, just didn't catch a specific brand.

They are BBK shorties.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bbk-3510

I know a lot of people kinda frown at shorties and prefer long tubes, but I wanted a nice clean and easy exhaust install, and the shorties allow for that.

IMG_4604.jpg.859f182020b9b465760e50603892a98c.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg.963ce884d2ae834175c36c75fd00b1d8.jpg

They are BBK shorties.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bbk-3510

I know a lot of people kinda frown at shorties and prefer long tubes, but I wanted a nice clean and easy exhaust install, and the shorties allow for that.

Thanks! I'm with you on the Shorties.....I put JBA shorties on my Mach 1.

I bumped into a couple of local automotive journalists a week ago during our local classic car night. They are a husband and wife team that do automotive testing, and arrange large auto events and new model presentations. Anyway, they had been doing a print section in the local paper every week and now run a website. One of the things they do is an East Coaster of The Day feature every day or every other day. The old Blue Mule was posted today.:nabble_smiley_wink: My Bullnose's 10 seconds of local fame...lol.

https://www.eastcoasttester.com/

Link to my truck just in case.

https://www.eastcoasttester.com/east-coaster-of-the-day-39/

I bumped into a couple of local automotive journalists a week ago during our local classic car night. They are a husband and wife team that do automotive testing, and arrange large auto events and new model presentations. Anyway, they had been doing a print section in the local paper every week and now run a website. One of the things they do is an East Coaster of The Day feature every day or every other day. The old Blue Mule was posted today.:nabble_smiley_wink: My Bullnose's 10 seconds of local fame...lol.

https://www.eastcoasttester.com/

Link to my truck just in case.

https://www.eastcoasttester.com/east-coaster-of-the-day-39/

That is cool! So COOL! Beautiful. Well done, Cory!