Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

I see now that you're looking for another Flareside!

His & Hers maybe?

You narrow bed fans are absolutely taking over this forum, and I don't know how I feel about that... :nabble_smiley_wink:

Cory has a good eye for photography. As does Jonathan. It is obvious in their pics.

How do I know? 'Cause when we lived in the UK I bought every photography book and magazine they had and read every one. I understand the technology behind a shot, and can replicate a shot. But I can't create one on my own. It takes that special "eye" and I don't have it.

As for the weather, it is funny what people will tolerate. If you grow up there you seem to accept that place's weather, regardless of how bad it is. Having moved around a bit we've come to observe the weather in various locations and realized what we like and dislike about them.

Anyway, I'm for you getting another Bullnose - even if it has a narrow bed. I'd love to follow along on the journey. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory has a good eye for photography. As does Jonathan. It is obvious in their pics.

Gary, a friend of mine that is/was into photography once told me that anybody can be a photographer if they have something nice to take a picture of.:nabble_smiley_grin: He mentioned a percentage at the time, but I forget what it was now...something about 20% skill, and 80% being something nice to take a picture of.

I kinna wish your your response was more your talented photography!

Well Jim, here you go...I went for a scoot out the road from my place while I was sippin' on my second coffee. Nothing too special, just some grainy iPhone pics from the cab of the old Bull.

I live in Whites Lake, and the pic below is about all you can see of it. This is at the bottom of the hill about a half a mile from my house. PS: While I was pulled over here, a guy in a dump truck slowed down and gave the old Bullnose a thumbs up!

IMG_0906.jpg.f0166762cfe8b74abc5cd43c391e1b62.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg.4876ea00c000a0b2691fce7cdb40d23b.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg.89e732277b64580ea28008e40bf9ef11.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg.b2edd48bbe40c74f39fa7916c6e85962.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg.6e803eee8f7dfd9777db5237f3a30f8e.jpg

Some nice twisty roads out this way. Very popular with the motorcycle crowd. The province keeps the roads in pretty nice condition because of the tourist traffic. The downside is that it is often very busy in the summer, so if you really want to clean off your chicken strips, you have to go early in the morning;).

IMG_0917.jpg.0f76a87b9f7f6fa54cb94295ae4277ce.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg.c2150433d85b7cbd44bda0e79d147ab6.jpg

This is why I always joke about the big rocks and stubby trees! It's gets more and more barren as you get closer to the water.

IMG_0921.jpg.7378095946bdf2357f44a0a892380590.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg.2a7b7f953b07d76520f99348552525d4.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg.cc13f1cc0555d493d70cf4a1aae82422.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg.e11e1f11ce2f2d763cc4d132e8ad4b58.jpg

Rolling into Peggy's Cove here.

IMG_0929.jpg.a0b310f1ce5d08e5e1cb6662dacfa3fb.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg.9c484c4800a1c050d08d2321d133102e.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg.e550a9281bebdbb4a379468b2e6395c0.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg.66967b506f3f4ba093356b74d7252a36.jpg

You wouldn't think that you'd have to warn people, but you do. Somebody gets killed here every year or two, and I can assure you it's never a local.

IMG_0935.jpg.316a36db5e3b4e2f8a542bb90decd456.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg.58444d11e59eaa53259f37e0eb6ab9c2.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg.ee7671c354a1d39044367257c3ba00c6.jpg

Here are some pics from the Swiss Air memorial. You can see the lobster boats out pulling their traps.

IMG_0943.jpg.c8da62530428d0e992cf07a048ace473.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg.69a4a69fbc025d4c5f986b0ddd7e7ee6.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg.75514ef784b18286435c1b22e7c70ca2.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg.3fa8f0a49f814331e26898fbf6cb1cb0.jpg

That's it! I finished my coffee here, and had to start working my way back home. I had some precious weekend cargo, fresh Timbits for the dogs, and they wait anxiously by the door for me to get back;).

There you go. A few pics from the coast of rocks and stubby trees! (And a few shots of the old Bullnose to keep it on topic!)

How do I know? 'Cause when we lived in the UK I bought every photography book and magazine they had and read every one. I understand the technology behind a shot, and can replicate a shot. But I can't create one on my own. It takes that special "eye" and I don't have it.

As for the weather, it is funny what people will tolerate. If you grow up there you seem to accept that place's weather, regardless of how bad it is. Having moved around a bit we've come to observe the weather in various locations and realized what we like and dislike about them.

Anyway, I'm for you getting another Bullnose - even if it has a narrow bed. I'd love to follow along on the journey. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Nice pics Cory! That area is beautiful!

Shaun, you'd probably find it a little cool up here when it's a blistering 75F out near the water in the middle of the summer...lol. Actually, it gets much warmer inland, but it's always cooler out along the water. Makes for a nice summer drive.

Shaun, you'd probably find it a little cool up here when it's a blistering 75F out near the water in the middle of the summer...lol. Actually, it gets much warmer inland, but it's always cooler out along the water. Makes for a nice summer drive.

Oh yea, 75 degrees is freezing for those born in Florida. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Yesterday it was 103 when I got in my truck after work. I park the truck in an open concrete lot, so that's probably why. By the time I got home the truck was telling me it was 94. But when I checked the weather shortly after, the costal temperatures were all in the low 80's. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I prefer to live inland in the wide open spaces, but sometimes those are the hottest places.

Oh yea, 75 degrees is freezing for those born in Florida. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Yesterday it was 103 when I got in my truck after work. I park the truck in an open concrete lot, so that's probably why. By the time I got home the truck was telling me it was 94. But when I checked the weather shortly after, the costal temperatures were all in the low 80's. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I prefer to live inland in the wide open spaces, but sometimes those are the hottest places.

Great shots! Very nice! Coffee and a nice drive in the Bull, can’t beat that!

Cory - Looks fantastic!

As for rolling the window down to close the door, I've heard that the later trucks have vents just because of that.

Looking good Cory!! It s Beautiful spot for a cruise! Gas is creeping back up now so enjoy it now 😜

Gary, a friend of mine that is/was into photography once told me that anybody can be a photographer if they have something nice to take a picture of.:nabble_smiley_grin: He mentioned a percentage at the time, but I forget what it was now...something about 20% skill, and 80% being something nice to take a picture of.

I kinna wish your your response was more your talented photography!

Well Jim, here you go...I went for a scoot out the road from my place while I was sippin' on my second coffee. Nothing too special, just some grainy iPhone pics from the cab of the old Bull.

I live in Whites Lake, and the pic below is about all you can see of it. This is at the bottom of the hill about a half a mile from my house. PS: While I was pulled over here, a guy in a dump truck slowed down and gave the old Bullnose a thumbs up!

Some nice twisty roads out this way. Very popular with the motorcycle crowd. The province keeps the roads in pretty nice condition because of the tourist traffic. The downside is that it is often very busy in the summer, so if you really want to clean off your chicken strips, you have to go early in the morning;).

This is why I always joke about the big rocks and stubby trees! It's gets more and more barren as you get closer to the water.

Rolling into Peggy's Cove here.

You wouldn't think that you'd have to warn people, but you do. Somebody gets killed here every year or two, and I can assure you it's never a local.

Here are some pics from the Swiss Air memorial. You can see the lobster boats out pulling their traps.

That's it! I finished my coffee here, and had to start working my way back home. I had some precious weekend cargo, fresh Timbits for the dogs, and they wait anxiously by the door for me to get back;).

There you go. A few pics from the coast of rocks and stubby trees! (And a few shots of the old Bullnose to keep it on topic!)

:nabble_smiley_blush: I can't believe I really posted that.

I've got no problem with rocks and windblown scrub.

The little lobster boat I used to pitch in on was from Nova Scotia, and we'd drive up there for traps every few years so the scenery is familiar as well as beautiful.

Light house pics never get old.

Give the pups a little scratch between the ears for me!

A friend of a friend is a friend.

:nabble_smiley_blush: I can't believe I really posted that.

I've got no problem with rocks and windblown scrub.

The little lobster boat I used to pitch in on was from Nova Scotia, and we'd drive up there for traps every few years so the scenery is familiar as well as beautiful.

Light house pics never get old.

Give the pups a little scratch between the ears for me!

A friend of a friend is a friend.

What can be said that has not been said yet, vary nice.

I can take that summer temp but not the cold & snow and even more so now that I have been down here for 5 years, we only get a little ice and everything shuts down.

If I could find another bullnose (LB?) with a nice cab and that flare side bed for $300 was still around I would look into making an "express bed" flare side.

Back in the day they made 3 different size flare side beds, short bed 6', long bed 8'and the Express bed that I think was 9' long. Ok so I would make a long bed flare side Bullnose.

Dave ----

What can be said that has not been said yet, vary nice.

I can take that summer temp but not the cold & snow and even more so now that I have been down here for 5 years, we only get a little ice and everything shuts down.

If I could find another bullnose (LB?) with a nice cab and that flare side bed for $300 was still around I would look into making an "express bed" flare side.

Back in the day they made 3 different size flare side beds, short bed 6', long bed 8'and the Express bed that I think was 9' long. Ok so I would make a long bed flare side Bullnose.

Dave ----

Beautiful scenery, Cory! And good pics as well.

And I'd buy the 20/80 rule. But for me it is 20 out of every 100 shots might be suitable for keeping.

Notice how on many of your shots there's something, like the road, that leads your eye right on into the pic? That doesn't just happen. It is the mark of a good photographer.