Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

The Blue Mule and I had a sensual Meguiars session last night before going out for a drive. As much as I love my Flaresides, they're a little more of a pain to clean compared to a truck with a Styleside bed!

In any case, I thought I'd let you guys know that my doors are already a little easier to close, especially the driver's door that obviously gets used 100x more than the passenger side. One thing that is a big help is to roll the window down before closing it. Once I do that, it closes pretty well now.

Filled up again this morning an got 16.7 mpg on this recent tank. That's a half a dozen tanks now all within 0.5 mpg of each other, so that's nice and consistent.

Going to pick up my cans of SEM Color-Coat in a little while, so I'm pretty excited about that. Going to try and get my door panels all RE-installed this weekend.

Cory - Looks fantastic!

As for rolling the window down to close the door, I've heard that the later trucks have vents just because of that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory - Looks fantastic!

As for rolling the window down to close the door, I've heard that the later trucks have vents just because of that.

My truck has lovers in the lower door section with the 'liner' like a flap behind them.

I still noticed my windshield had come loose back around '13 because I slammed the door and the wipers would jump.

The Blue Mule and I had a sensual Meguiars session last night before going out for a drive. As much as I love my Flaresides, they're a little more of a pain to clean compared to a truck with a Styleside bed!

In any case, I thought I'd let you guys know that my doors are already a little easier to close, especially the driver's door that obviously gets used 100x more than the passenger side. One thing that is a big help is to roll the window down before closing it. Once I do that, it closes pretty well now.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n62080/IMG_0893.jpg

Filled up again this morning an got 16.7 mpg on this recent tank. That's a half a dozen tanks now all within 0.5 mpg of each other, so that's nice and consistent.

Going to pick up my cans of SEM Color-Coat in a little while, so I'm pretty excited about that. Going to try and get my door panels all RE-installed this weekend.

Truck is looking good.

I did not do the waxing but I did wash my truck today, first time in a week it has not rained, also did the wife's car.

I also find if a window is down a little the doors, mostly the passenger door, is easier to close also.

I hate you on the almost 17 mpg :nabble_anim_blbl:

Good luck on the door panels and color coat.

Dave ----

Truck is looking good.

I did not do the waxing but I did wash my truck today, first time in a week it has not rained, also did the wife's car.

I also find if a window is down a little the doors, mostly the passenger door, is easier to close also.

Dave ----

Thanks Dave!

I'm getting more and more used to the 5spd and 3.08 gears. It's not bad. Really, for all intents and purposes, I drive the truck like a 4spd, and only use OD on the highway or on level ground where there is no real load on the engine. The MPG means a lot to me...a few months ago, gas was $5 per gallon here, so that can quickly put a damper on how much I get to drive the truck.

As of today, the truck now has 69,360 kms on it, or about 43,000 miles. I have now put about 8k miles on it since buying it in 2017. However, just about everything has been replaced now...so the only items that are still original to the truck are the starter, the 1G alternator, the clutch fan, and the 8.8 rear end. I think everything else has been replaced by now.

Hoping to have the door panels all painted and reinstalled this weekend so they're not kicking around the garage anymore.

Truck is looking good.

Dave ----

Thanks Dave!

I'm getting more and more used to the 5spd and 3.08 gears. It's not bad. Really, for all intents and purposes, I drive the truck like a 4spd, and only use OD on the highway or on level ground where there is no real load on the engine. The MPG means a lot to me...a few months ago, gas was $5 per gallon here, so that can quickly put a damper on how much I get to drive the truck.

As of today, the truck now has 69,360 kms on it, or about 43,000 miles. I have now put about 8k miles on it since buying it in 2017. However, just about everything has been replaced now...so the only items that are still original to the truck are the starter, the 1G alternator, the clutch fan, and the 8.8 rear end. I think everything else has been replaced by now.

Hoping to have the door panels all painted and reinstalled this weekend so they're not kicking around the garage anymore.

Every time you post a picture I'm not only impressed by your composition, Cory, but by the incredible beauty of Novi.

Once you linked that video of "Cape Breton Chats" and I found it so uproariously funny I watched a few.

Now YouTube bombards me with videos of the Cabot Trail, Highlands, and of course Tracy & Martina. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Now I have a yearning to get back to Dingwall and Sydney, and I don't know what to do.... :nabble_smiley_angry:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Every time you post a picture I'm not only impressed by your composition, Cory, but by the incredible beauty of Novi.

Once you linked that video of "Cape Breton Chats" and I found it so uproariously funny I watched a few.

Now YouTube bombards me with videos of the Cabot Trail, Highlands, and of course Tracy & Martina. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Now I have a yearning to get back to Dingwall and Sydney, and I don't know what to do.... :nabble_smiley_angry:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Truck looks good Cory! I've never been a huge Flareside fan, but the F.O.G is making me feel otherwise. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's not a bad place to live if you don't mind the weather;). Black flies just arrived a few days ago, so that's something to complain about now that it's nice and warm...lol. Cape Breton Island is especially nice, with the Cabot Trail being our premier tourist attraction. We're hoping to get around a bit with the RV this summer and see some of the local scenery ourselves...you know the stuff you kind of ignore because you live here...lol. I had to check out Tracy and Martina...I hadn't heard of them...lol. Definitely from the Sydney area. It's like a whole other country up there. They have their own culture, accent, etc.

Truck looks good Cory! I've never been a huge Flareside fan, but the F.O.G is making me feel otherwise. :nabble_smiley_good:

The Flareside, and step side trucks in general have always been a huge interest to me. We all have different tastes interests, and that's a good thing. I have always been a big fan of the Bullnose body lines. Funny thing is, now that this truck is starting to feel like it's almost finished, I'm having urges to do it all over again...lol. I guess that same old saying applies, that it's the journey and not the destination?...I dunno.

It's not a bad place to live if you don't mind the weather;). Black flies just arrived a few days ago, so that's something to complain about now that it's nice and warm...lol. Cape Breton Island is especially nice, with the Cabot Trail being our premier tourist attraction. We're hoping to get around a bit with the RV this summer and see some of the local scenery ourselves...you know the stuff you kind of ignore because you live here...lol. I had to check out Tracy and Martina...I hadn't heard of them...lol. Definitely from the Sydney area. It's like a whole other country up there. They have their own culture, accent, etc.

The Flareside, and step side trucks in general have always been a huge interest to me. We all have different tastes interests, and that's a good thing. I have always been a big fan of the Bullnose body lines. Funny thing is, now that this truck is starting to feel like it's almost finished, I'm having urges to do it all over again...lol. I guess that same old saying applies, that it's the journey and not the destination?...I dunno.

I kinna wish your response was more about your talented photography!

But there's a lot to be said about a culture that can have so much fun poking fun at themselves.

Here's hoping that you and your wife get on with the master redecorating plan and have a chance to enjoy some of that beauty in your new RV.

I've got to think that harsh weather in the Maritimes is nothing compared to the northern plains provinces and the Yukon. :nabble_anim_crazy:

But that's just me...

I kinna wish your your response was more your talented photography!

But there's a lot to be said about a culture that can have so much fun poking fun at themselves.

Here's hoping that you and your wife get on with the master redecorating plan and have a chance to enjoy some of that beauty in your new RV.

I've got to think that harsh weather in the Maritimes is nothing compared to the northern plains provinces and the Yukon. :nabble_anim_crazy:

But that's just me...

Ha! Well, I'm just about to pour my second cup, so maybe I'll take the old Bull on the scenic route when I leave the house and snap some pictures for ya. Lots of stubby trees and big rocks!

Our weather is nothing like the upper Midwest or the Canadian prairie provinces. There are some benefits to being at sea level;). I always joke that we get Boston's weather a day later. For us it kinda depends on which direction the weather is coming from. If it's coming east from upstate NY, then we're getting piles of snow. If it's coming up the coast with the Gulf stream, wind and rain. It was 80F and clear yesterday, just about perfect. I think we'll be lucky to hit 60F today, but there's no rain in the forecast for another week. If it was up to me, it would be 75F all year long with just enough of a breeze to keep the flies at bay;).

I kinna wish your your response was more your talented photography!

But that's just me...

Ha! Well, I'm just about to pour my second cup, so maybe I'll take the old Bull on the scenic route when I leave the house and snap some pictures for ya. Lots of stubby trees and big rocks!

Our weather is nothing like the upper Midwest or the Canadian prairie provinces. There are some benefits to being at sea level;). I always joke that we get Boston's weather a day later. For us it kinda depends on which direction the weather is coming from. If it's coming east from upstate NY, then we're getting piles of snow. If it's coming up the coast with the Gulf stream, wind and rain. It was 80F and clear yesterday, just about perfect. I think we'll be lucky to hit 60F today, but there's no rain in the forecast for another week. If it was up to me, it would be 75F all year long with just enough of a breeze to keep the flies at bay;).

I see now that you're looking for another Flareside!

His & Hers maybe?

You narrow bed fans are absolutely taking over this forum, and I don't know how I feel about that... :nabble_smiley_wink: