Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Looks good Cory. I think my original blue is lighter than your original blue. If I remember corre tly, someone on here...probably Gary....had a way to get the exact color match for fa tory colors.

They do look good, and in the end everything will match.

And speaking of matching, the only way I think you can match paint to original is to order SEM paint. The off-the-shelf paint isn't said to match. The #'s are here: Documentation/Specifications/Interior Colors. And since Ford used 5 or 6 different blues, blue is hard to match.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look good, and in the end everything will match.

And speaking of matching, the only way I think you can match paint to original is to order SEM paint. The off-the-shelf paint isn't said to match. The #'s are here: Documentation/Specifications/Interior Colors. And since Ford used 5 or 6 different blues, blue is hard to match.

I used the Colorbond blue that is sold by LMC, and the pictures/discussion in the thread below are kinda what sold me on it. I thought it looked really good on his panels, and I've seen a couple on the FB pages done with the same stuff.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Interior-paint-color-blue-tp10922.html

I know that SEM probably has better matches in the factory colors, but at the end of the day, I don't always have easy access to the same products that you guys have in the USA. While LMC's reviews are not always the best, one thing LMC does offer is hassle free and inexpensive international shipping. Many other sellers do not ship outside of the US, and if they do...it's either a big hassle, or it's expensive, or both.

I used the Colorbond blue that is sold by LMC, and the pictures/discussion in the thread below are kinda what sold me on it. I thought it looked really good on his panels, and I've seen a couple on the FB pages done with the same stuff.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Interior-paint-color-blue-tp10922.html

I know that SEM probably has better matches in the factory colors, but at the end of the day, I don't always have easy access to the same products that you guys have in the USA. While LMC's reviews are not always the best, one thing LMC does offer is hassle free and inexpensive international shipping. Many other sellers do not ship outside of the US, and if they do...it's either a big hassle, or it's expensive, or both.

Makes sense, Cory. If you can't get it then it isn't an option. Plus, with SEM you don't from them. You order from someone that mixes it, and many of those places are probably not set up to ship internationally.

But in the end, if you paint everything it doesn't really matter.

Makes sense, Cory. If you can't get it then it isn't an option. Plus, with SEM you don't from them. You order from someone that mixes it, and many of those places are probably not set up to ship internationally.

But in the end, if you paint everything it doesn't really matter.

Looks good Cory.

The red I used from SEM was a little brighter but because I was repainting everything I did not worry about it matching.

Dave ----

Finally got around to doing some interior painting this morning. The door panels and kick panels had been painted previously in an incorrect light blue color. They didn't look terrible, but the color was just off and I've been waiting to get them painted before reinstalling them.

And a little while later with a few coats of Colorbond...

I put my original (non-painted) A-pillar posts along side of the new paint as a comparison, and the new paint is definitely on the darker side. Of course my 36 year old a-pillar covers are probably a bit faded as well, but still...they're different. In any case, I'm OK with them being a little darker as opposed to being a pale blue that was way too light. I will be painting my "new" AC dash later on, so maybe I'll paint the A-pillar covers at that time and then everything will match up nicely.

That's a huge step up Cory!

Your interior panels look great. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Gary,

A lot of places won't ship things like paint or other fluids (aerosols) internationally, and when I ordered the paint online from LMC, I was expecting a call saying that they wouldn't ship it, but sure enough it showed up.

Thanks Jim. I'm picking at it bit by bit. The weather has been a bit wonky lately. Two weeks ago it felt like spring and I had the truck out for a few days running around. It has since snowed again like 3 times, and each time the salt trucks are out. This time of year it melts quick and is often gone the next day, but they salt regardless.

And the wife has me working on the RV too...

Anyway, the old Flareside will be all shined up her weekly car nights soon.

Gary,

A lot of places won't ship things like paint or other fluids (aerosols) internationally, and when I ordered the paint online from LMC, I was expecting a call saying that they wouldn't ship it, but sure enough it showed up.

Thanks Jim. I'm picking at it bit by bit. The weather has been a bit wonky lately. Two weeks ago it felt like spring and I had the truck out for a few days running around. It has since snowed again like 3 times, and each time the salt trucks are out. This time of year it melts quick and is often gone the next day, but they salt regardless.

And the wife has me working on the RV too...

Anyway, the old Flareside will be all shined up her weekly car nights soon.

I really like the slate blue they are now. Nice job!

Cory, you wanted my stock 1 barrel air. Leaner assembly didnt you? Someone did...

Ray, I probably did at one point as I was trying to gather all of the parts to built the '85 that I had briefly.

I have since abandoned that project and everything I had collected for it is now gone.