Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Big Blue has it. I know as I was working in that area recently. Will check Dad's truck when I get to the shop.

My 86 460 has it. Can check the 80 400 later. I can also check the firewall of the 86 300 in the shop for holes. I can't recall when I stripped that truck if it had one.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad's truck had it, as it has the holes for the screws, but it isn't on there. Big Blue has it.

I remember my 1980 w/ original 300 had it, but I don't recall my 86 w/ EFI 302 cab having it. I would have kept it for sure if it was there.

Hmmm? The six cylinder has little heat on the driver's side. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Drivers side? You from down under :nabble_anim_crazy:

That looks to be the right side being it has the 3 openings for AC HVAC box, I know it well :nabble_smiley_wink:

I did not have that shield on either of my 81's both with 300's

I don't know if it had screw holes there or not, don't think so but will check later when I got out of the house for fresh air.

Dave ----

That looks to be the right side being it has the 3 openings for AC HVAC box, I know it well :nabble_smiley_wink:

I don't know if it had screw holes there or not, don't think so but will check later when I got out of the house for fresh air.

Dave ----

Dave, you are absolutely correct! My bad. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Dave ----

Dave, you are absolutely correct! My bad. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

It's ok I just didn't want you looking on the wrong side of the truck :nabble_anim_handshake:

Dave ----

Well, to throw a wrench into things, it was actually hard starting cold today. Past couple times was only when it was hot, but first start of the day today acted up as well.

I'll try the original DSII box. That's easy.

I'll dial the timing back after that.

Finally, I do have a spare (junkyard) PMGR starter (Reman) I could swap in and try.

Finally got around to doing some interior painting this morning. The door panels and kick panels had been painted previously in an incorrect light blue color. They didn't look terrible, but the color was just off and I've been waiting to get them painted before reinstalling them.

IMG_0482.jpg.9eec730f4a0a2edce0b1e6e3c3bcf2db.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg.75d6fb6acb2ae0e5a215bb5f387d17a9.jpg

And a little while later with a few coats of Colorbond...

IMG_0489.jpg.03df91cdc560c1652cdb0d16f66d5765.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg.dbef8fdd16a3260f83ea4e4e23b189b8.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg.9a684a13bbe93723e55792aa88c7a87b.jpg

I put my original (non-painted) A-pillar posts along side of the new paint as a comparison, and the new paint is definitely on the darker side. Of course my 36 year old a-pillar covers are probably a bit faded as well, but still...they're different. In any case, I'm OK with them being a little darker as opposed to being a pale blue that was way too light. I will be painting my "new" AC dash later on, so maybe I'll paint the A-pillar covers at that time and then everything will match up nicely.

IMG_0484.jpg.9afb9d1921508744f6b6536f403d9572.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg.efaeb9011cbdfcbead310574b9aa3ffa.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg.b6b56edc186189737088f320d2944db5.jpg

Finally got around to doing some interior painting this morning. The door panels and kick panels had been painted previously in an incorrect light blue color. They didn't look terrible, but the color was just off and I've been waiting to get them painted before reinstalling them.

And a little while later with a few coats of Colorbond...

I put my original (non-painted) A-pillar posts along side of the new paint as a comparison, and the new paint is definitely on the darker side. Of course my 36 year old a-pillar covers are probably a bit faded as well, but still...they're different. In any case, I'm OK with them being a little darker as opposed to being a pale blue that was way too light. I will be painting my "new" AC dash later on, so maybe I'll paint the A-pillar covers at that time and then everything will match up nicely.

Looks good Cory. I think my original blue is lighter than your original blue. If I remember corre tly, someone on here...probably Gary....had a way to get the exact color match for fa tory colors.