Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

There were a very few AMC vehicles that used DuraSpark modules under license, but their production numbers were pathetically low compared to Ford, and they soon vanished as an entity.

AMC started using the box in 76 and think it was used till the end in 1988.

I know my 75 AMC has the Prestolite system and a 76 I had had the box.

I don't know what my sons YJ Jeep had, may have been the box? but I know he also wired in a GM module and kept the box as a back up.

At the time I was into AMC's I did not know of this crank / retard timing or what the color of the plugs were so I cant say it the AMC boxes had the "dial back" or not?

Dave ----

Blue relief plug? :nabble_anim_confused:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1976-1977-1978-AMC-PACER-HORNET-AMX-GREMLIN-JEEP-CJ-CHAROKEE-IGNITION-BOX-/362325827607

Or, maybe yellow???

https://www.ebay.com/i/123747047544?chn=ps

Yipes! The module costs $50 and the sticker costs $100?

There were a very few AMC vehicles that used DuraSpark modules under license, but their production numbers were pathetically low compared to Ford, and they soon vanished as an entity.

AMC started using the box in 76 and think it was used till the end in 1988.

I know my 75 AMC has the Prestolite system and a 76 I had had the box.

I don't know what my sons YJ Jeep had, may have been the box? but I know he also wired in a GM module and kept the box as a back up.

At the time I was into AMC's I did not know of this crank / retard timing or what the color of the plugs were so I cant say it the AMC boxes had the "dial back" or not?

Dave ----

Dave, I meant to say AMC's total production was miniscule compared to Ford's output of DSII equipped vehicles.

No knock on the General or his products.

I'd love me an AMX or Javelin.

Had a roommate with a hotted up awd Talon in the '90's.

That car was quick.

Yipes! The module costs $50 and the sticker costs $100?

Now you know what we go thru when trying to restore an AMC :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave, I meant to say AMC's total production was miniscule compared to Ford's output of DSII equipped vehicles.

No knock on the General or his products.

I'd love me an AMX or Javelin.

Had a roommate with a hotted up awd Talon in the '90's.

That car was quick.

Its all good I just wanted to let others know what years of AMC's used them if they where to ever see some in a JY to get a box from.

Dave ----

Jim,

Have you ordered from here before? I am not familiar with THEEXPRESS4LESS...

Honestly, I don't believe I have.

I usually rely on U-techcenter or my local NAPA for parts like this.

I just opened Google shopping and found a price under $40.

Ok, thanks Jim. I'm going to check with Napa locally once they open back up;). I have a couple original DSII boxes, but they are really crusty looking underneath and I'd like to have a new box and keep one of the old ones as a backup.

Ok, thanks Jim. I'm going to check with Napa locally once they open back up;). I have a couple original DSII boxes, but they are really crusty looking underneath and I'd like to have a new box and keep one of the old ones as a backup.

Finally laid my 36 year old door seals to rest tonight. May they rest in peace at the landfill.

IMG_0862.jpg.1177787aa6ea8326f4bba2ce21e8e639.jpg

I've been avoiding installing the new ones since last year because the doors are so damn difficult to close. I trust these things will flatten out OK? Holy heck the doors are hard to close, and until the seal flattens out in a couple spots, I've got some gaps that are barely sealed at all atm.

Finally laid my 36 year old door seals to rest tonight. May they rest in peace at the landfill.

I've been avoiding installing the new ones since last year because the doors are so damn difficult to close. I trust these things will flatten out OK? Holy heck the doors are hard to close, and until the seal flattens out in a couple spots, I've got some gaps that are barely sealed at all atm.

I replaced door seals on my 86 and NEVER got the doors to close easily. My uncle still owns that truck and has to slam the door to get it shut.

I hope you have better luck.

I love bullnose trucks....but I hate the darn doors.

One thing I did to help was to add sound deadener to the inside of the door skins. The extra inertia helps to latch it.

I replaced door seals on my 86 and NEVER got the doors to close easily. My uncle still owns that truck and has to slam the door to get it shut.

I hope you have better luck.

I love bullnose trucks....but I hate the darn doors.

One thing I did to help was to add sound deadener to the inside of the door skins. The extra inertia helps to latch it.

I think you have to adjust the door latch when you install new seals.

I replaced door seals on my 86 and NEVER got the doors to close easily.

I think that's what I've been afraid of...lol. I don't care about the passenger door as much, I'm mostly alone in the truck anyway. I DO need to get the driver's door to close better, so if for some reason it doesn't settle in better, I'll be trimming it with a utility blade...lol.