Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Cory, I think this photo is sexier.....

Ray, I went looking for a picture of you truck and the one I posted was the first one I found...lol.

Great lookin' truck man!

Seeing yours (and others) makes me feel like my paint color is correct. I keep looking at my truck and think it's the wrong color since I was so used to looking at the old faded and multi-shaded blue that was on it before.:nabble_smiley_grin:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory, I think this photo is sexier.....

Ray, I went looking for a picture of you truck and the one I posted was the first one I found...lol.

Great lookin' truck man!

Seeing yours (and others) makes me feel like my paint color is correct. I keep looking at my truck and think it's the wrong color since I was so used to looking at the old faded and multi-shaded blue that was on it before.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Rembrant, I wonder if you're the one who replied to my comment a few days ago on another forum about Flareside vs. Stepside.

Also, after looking at these pics I wonder if I shouldn't search for a flareside bed instead of trying to repair the crunch on the rear of my bed.

Rembrant, I wonder if you're the one who replied to my comment a few days ago on another forum about Flareside vs. Stepside.

Also, after looking at these pics I wonder if I shouldn't search for a flareside bed instead of trying to repair the crunch on the rear of my bed.

You can build a flarside bed from parts on LMC. If I was starting with a short wheelbase truck, first thing I would do is sell the styleside bed and build a flareside.

Cory, my blue is slightly different than stock. Ive got new paint flaking in a few spots and you can see the original blue vs the new. New paint is for sure brighter.

Yessir, that was me.:nabble_smiley_grin:

You have to be careful where and when you use the term "Stepside" online as it causes some people's blood pressure to rise...lol.

Where are you located? There was a guy on Facebook yesterday in I believe South Carolina that was selling a complete step side....err...I mean Flareside bed for $100 bucks. It looked to be in pretty good condition too, although the wood was all gone out of it.

Yessir, that was me.:nabble_smiley_grin:

You have to be careful where and when you use the term "Stepside" online as it causes some people's blood pressure to rise...lol.

Where are you located? There was a guy on Facebook yesterday in I believe South Carolina that was selling a complete step side....err...I mean Flareside bed for $100 bucks. It looked to be in pretty good condition too, although the wood was all gone out of it.

I'm in the Fort Worth, Texas area. I suspect that, if I found a good flareside bed within driving range, I could disassemble it and cart it home in my swb.

I like it! And I agree with Scott - it is your truck, and you'll love the color.

Can't wait to see it all together.

Yeah, that colour is VERY sharp Rembrant! Really like that. Will be nice to see it on the road, of course. I was in Amherst area for a wedding in the summer and I don't know where you live, but i kept hoping i'd see your stepside cruisin past somewhere :nabble_smiley_grin: :nabble_smiley_good:

Yeah, that colour is VERY sharp Rembrant! Really like that. Will be nice to see it on the road, of course. I was in Amherst area for a wedding in the summer and I don't know where you live, but i kept hoping i'd see your stepside cruisin past somewhere :nabble_smiley_grin: :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm just outside of Halifax...between the city and Peggy's Cove. There weren't many opportunities to see my truck on the road this season unfortunately. I took it back and forth to Dartmouth a small handful of times for car night in Woodside, or to take it to work, and that was it. It was really only on the road for a couple weeks in July, and it's been in the body shop now since the beginning of August. In any case, I'll have it back this week and It will be back on the road by the end of the week. If all goes well I'm going to try and make the last couple car shows around...there's one near Bridgewater next weekend, and another in Moncton the week after that. Other than that, I just want to drive it, so I might even try to squeeze in a lap around the Cabot Trail if everything is working as it should;).

I see your truck is coming along well. Nice work man!

I'm just outside of Halifax...between the city and Peggy's Cove. There weren't many opportunities to see my truck on the road this season unfortunately. I took it back and forth to Dartmouth a small handful of times for car night in Woodside, or to take it to work, and that was it. It was really only on the road for a couple weeks in July, and it's been in the body shop now since the beginning of August. In any case, I'll have it back this week and It will be back on the road by the end of the week. If all goes well I'm going to try and make the last couple car shows around...there's one near Bridgewater next weekend, and another in Moncton the week after that. Other than that, I just want to drive it, so I might even try to squeeze in a lap around the Cabot Trail if everything is working as it should;).

I see your truck is coming along well. Nice work man!

Got the old girl back late today. Couple pics in front of the body shop. Bed will be going on tomorrow as soon as I sorted out the fuel sender issues. Then grill mirrors new badges wipers and bumpers.

763CF4A4-FA7D-4C9B-AEFA-FDAC98596611.jpeg.c5d45baf6438f2d170de3b6ae89ac887.jpeg

F73AB293-8721-4F1A-9BC4-15A72E32C653.jpeg.e9d64dc0d778f56ded8a3d046cba9f9d.jpeg