Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

I have been able to fold the belt over and work it back through, (if that makes sense) on some vehicles.

It's amazing to me how they get like that.

LOL. I'm now embarrassed that I even asked. I just popped the cover off the buckle, and fed the belt through flipped over, and it was fixed in 60 seconds. Why that hadn't occurred to me to try that, I do not know.

Thanks Grumpin.:nabble_anim_handshake:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been able to fold the belt over and work it back through, (if that makes sense) on some vehicles.

It's amazing to me how they get like that.

LOL. I'm now embarrassed that I even asked. I just popped the cover off the buckle, and fed the belt through flipped over, and it was fixed in 60 seconds. Why that hadn't occurred to me to try that, I do not know.

Thanks Grumpin.:nabble_anim_handshake:

Glad you got it!

My kids kept me in practice!

Glad you got it!

My kids kept me in practice!

So, a little project I've been scrounging parts for was to graft a 4spd stick on to my 5spd transmission. It's not that I'm a nut for originality...it's just something that I wanted to do. Anyway, I scrounged an NP435 stick from an '86 Bull at the Pick N Pull, plus another 5spd stick from a '96 F150, and then finally an NP435 shifter boot from a rat infested '85 I found near an old garage about an hour from here. I cut the NP435 stick and the 5spd stick, and stuck 'em back together. I did quite a bit of measuring to ensure I got the new 4spd stick's knob in the same approximate location as the 5spd stick, so I think I'll be all good now. I just got it all test fitted today. I have to finish up my welds, then paint or power coat the stick and order a new knob for it, and I'll be good to go. The interior will look Bullnose correct when I'm all done.

IMG_5847.jpg.a4c9ca7b545b24eea235d4320b113b99.jpg

IMG_5850.jpg.1e050c4bdf43a476957596fea5192b74.jpg

So, a little project I've been scrounging parts for was to graft a 4spd stick on to my 5spd transmission. It's not that I'm a nut for originality...it's just something that I wanted to do. Anyway, I scrounged an NP435 stick from an '86 Bull at the Pick N Pull, plus another 5spd stick from a '96 F150, and then finally an NP435 shifter boot from a rat infested '85 I found near an old garage about an hour from here. I cut the NP435 stick and the 5spd stick, and stuck 'em back together. I did quite a bit of measuring to ensure I got the new 4spd stick's knob in the same approximate location as the 5spd stick, so I think I'll be all good now. I just got it all test fitted today. I have to finish up my welds, then paint or power coat the stick and order a new knob for it, and I'll be good to go. The interior will look Bullnose correct when I'm all done.

Nice job! I bought an extra T19 shift lever for the same purpose. Nothing against the ZF lever, but I like the older look/feel.

Cool! How are you splicing the two levers together? Any tube to bridge the joint, or just a butt weld?

Jonathan - I gotta see what you do on the ZF lever! (Gotta get the ZF in before I worry about that though.)

Cool! How are you splicing the two levers together? Any tube to bridge the joint, or just a butt weld?

Just a butt weld for now Gary. I'm not 100% finished with it yet. I had to cut 2" out of a different section of the NP435 stick as well, so it's actually welded together in two places. I tacked it, then grooved it out and filled with weld. It's fused together about as good as it can be, but I may stick an extra piece or two on it for insurance. It's not like there's any real stress on it...but still, I'd like it to be secure.

I just test fitted it today. I already took it back out. I just wanted to make sure the stick and the boot were going to work before I put any more effort and money into it...lol. Have to order a knob, and get it powder coated.

Just a butt weld for now Gary. I'm not 100% finished with it yet. I had to cut 2" out of a different section of the NP435 stick as well, so it's actually welded together in two places. I tacked it, then grooved it out and filled with weld. It's fused together about as good as it can be, but I may stick an extra piece or two on it for insurance. It's not like there's any real stress on it...but still, I'd like it to be secure.

I just test fitted it today. I already took it back out. I just wanted to make sure the stick and the boot were going to work before I put any more effort and money into it...lol. Have to order a knob, and get it powder coated.

That's cool! I like the look.

Butt-welding should work great on a shift lever. I was just curious.

I got it all test fitted tonight, and I think everything is going to be OK. I have a 1" riser under the air cleaner, and it is really close to the firewall, but I think it'll be alright. I have new decals on order for the lid, and it still needs paint (base and snorkels) and polish (the cover).

IMG_5593.jpg

Anyway...I'm just playin' around...wasting time and money. What else is new.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

You could buy this!!! [Gasp] :nabble_smiley_whistling:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-Ford-1983-1984-1985-Mustang-GT-5-0-H-O-Air-Cleaner-Assembly-Lid/122988300489?hash=item1ca2ac88c9:g:uMIAAOSwlzRahe6Y

I got it all test fitted tonight, and I think everything is going to be OK. I have a 1" riser under the air cleaner, and it is really close to the firewall, but I think it'll be alright. I have new decals on order for the lid, and it still needs paint (base and snorkels) and polish (the cover).

IMG_5593.jpg

Anyway...I'm just playin' around...wasting time and money. What else is new.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

You could buy this!!! [Gasp] :nabble_smiley_whistling:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-Ford-1983-1984-1985-Mustang-GT-5-0-H-O-Air-Cleaner-Assembly-Lid/122988300489?hash=item1ca2ac88c9:g:uMIAAOSwlzRahe6Y

YipE!!!!!!