Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

There were round holes cut into the inner fenders on the Fox cars. The ducts went from the square hole at the air cleaner snorkel to a round hole at the inner fender. There are two pieces in the inner fenders that are separate. They just clip into the round holes in the inner fender. If you found those, you could attach it that way . . but the factory ducting from the air cleaner to the inner fenders is going to be too short for your truck. So I would just get some ducting that fits the air cleaner snorkels and find your own way of routing to open fresh air.

Ahh, OK, I didn't know what was on the other side of the Foxbody fender liners.

Is that what these two ducts are for? I can't read the French, but they're from a 1984-85 Mustang. Happen to come across them while searching for other stuff last night:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1157518298&requestSource=b

I'm going with dual ducts to the core support, same or similar to what Lariat did with his truck:

18057841_10211356104609814_7398371384279362369_n_aa5794f89e09bb31f35acb15a4cfc16fb71d0b6b.jpg.ae6c15ccd2dc1c2d934638bc422cf626.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, OK, I didn't know what was on the other side of the Foxbody fender liners.

Is that what these two ducts are for? I can't read the French, but they're from a 1984-85 Mustang. Happen to come across them while searching for other stuff last night:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1157518298&requestSource=b

I'm going with dual ducts to the core support, same or similar to what Lariat did with his truck:

My 2nd air duct inlet arrived today (Thanks David!!).

They are identical, except the newer one has the lower tab as part of the plastic mold, and on my older one, the tab is a metal piece riveted in place. That explains the slightly different part numbers as well...E3 to E5...

Getting closer to having this all installed;).

IMG_5590.jpg.185c9ee98605370dc121d9b1a8ee5566.jpg

My 2nd air duct inlet arrived today (Thanks David!!).

They are identical, except the newer one has the lower tab as part of the plastic mold, and on my older one, the tab is a metal piece riveted in place. That explains the slightly different part numbers as well...E3 to E5...

Getting closer to having this all installed;).

Looking good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Looking good! :nabble_smiley_good:

I got it all test fitted tonight, and I think everything is going to be OK. I have a 1" riser under the air cleaner, and it is really close to the firewall, but I think it'll be alright. I have new decals on order for the lid, and it still needs paint (base and snorkels) and polish (the cover).

IMG_5593.jpg.f3ac9c1e7882d82c961775750175ee1f.jpg

And then I came across this other vintage? SVO Ford Motorsports cover...which was all chrome 35 years ago...but it has since been partially painted. I ordered an extra set of the 5.0 Liter 4V H.O. black stripe decals for it as well, which will hide the outer silver painted ring. Not sure how I feel about this one yet. I know they were cool when new, but this one hasn't aged well...lol. Anyway, maybe it will be garage wall art if nothing else;).

IMG_5597.jpg.120348e320d9f9452c96f54ecc954212.jpg

I also grabbed a factory Ford air cleaner wing nut at the junkyard the other day (from the '84 Bronco that Pete's a-pillar pieces came from). I had lost my original, and didn't I think I was a keener sand blasting it, and then painting it all fresh satin black, only to find out that it is for an M6 stud and not 1/4-20. Bugger.

Anyway...I'm just playin' around...wasting time and money. What else is new.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I got it all test fitted tonight, and I think everything is going to be OK. I have a 1" riser under the air cleaner, and it is really close to the firewall, but I think it'll be alright. I have new decals on order for the lid, and it still needs paint (base and snorkels) and polish (the cover).

And then I came across this other vintage? SVO Ford Motorsports cover...which was all chrome 35 years ago...but it has since been partially painted. I ordered an extra set of the 5.0 Liter 4V H.O. black stripe decals for it as well, which will hide the outer silver painted ring. Not sure how I feel about this one yet. I know they were cool when new, but this one hasn't aged well...lol. Anyway, maybe it will be garage wall art if nothing else;).

I also grabbed a factory Ford air cleaner wing nut at the junkyard the other day (from the '84 Bronco that Pete's a-pillar pieces came from). I had lost my original, and didn't I think I was a keener sand blasting it, and then painting it all fresh satin black, only to find out that it is for an M6 stud and not 1/4-20. Bugger.

Anyway...I'm just playin' around...wasting time and money. What else is new.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Wow! They both look really GOOD! But I think I like the SVO one the best. It'll make people wonder if it really is since it is all factory stuff. :nabble_smiley_good:

Put one on the truck and one on the wall, then rotate every three months or so! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Your engine bay is looking good!

Cory, you might want to share your source of replacement duct hoses. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Oh...yes, sure...I can share the info, but I can't take any credit for them as it was Lariat85 that recommended them to me (and supplied the part number).

Crown brand air ducts p/n J5358444. I think they're available from various suppliers, but I ordered mine from Quadratec since they had them in-stock and ready to ship.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/51303_03.htm

The few other places I checked did sell them, but they were on back order.

Cory, you might want to share your source of replacement duct hoses. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Oh...yes, sure...I can share the info, but I can't take any credit for them as it was Lariat85 that recommended them to me (and supplied the part number).

Crown brand air ducts p/n J5358444. I think they're available from various suppliers, but I ordered mine from Quadratec since they had them in-stock and ready to ship.

That is great. Thanks!

Is this something we want to capture in Resources?