Bullnose Forums

"Hook 'em Up Loose" - 1986 F-150 Restoration/build

Danny G

I thought you were after burl????

Perry's contact info is there.

Iirc he was needing a few interior trim pieces to develop the patterns, and offered to do it to them in return for the loan of the bezels etc..

That Lincoln steering wheel looks amazing! (to me)

ETA; IDK about your wife, but it seems he already has most of the patterns developed for plotter or laser.

yea I'm looking at burl right now, that aluminum looks nice too lol you guys added a new player to the game. And I agree, that Lincoln steering wheel looks amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were after burl????

Perry's contact info is there.

Iirc he was needing a few interior trim pieces to develop the patterns, and offered to do it to them in return for the loan of the bezels etc..

That Lincoln steering wheel looks amazing! (to me)

ETA; IDK about your wife, but it seems he already has most of the patterns developed for plotter or laser.

yea I'm looking at burl right now, that aluminum looks nice too lol you guys added a new player to the game. And I agree, that Lincoln steering wheel looks amazing.

Looks like a nice project. Do you by chance live in a warmer climate? I because I see you installed that rubber sound deadener. I am reading on lots of forums that stuff about runs you out if it gets warm out in a hotter climate. I live in a cooler spot and am thinking of using it.

Looks like a nice project. Do you by chance live in a warmer climate? I because I see you installed that rubber sound deadener. I am reading on lots of forums that stuff about runs you out if it gets warm out in a hotter climate. I live in a cooler spot and am thinking of using it.

Not the OP but it will follow the same rules as any insulation - slows the transfer of heat between sides.

So in hot weather it will keep the reduce the hot body panels from soaking in and in cold weather it will reduce the interior heat from leaching out.

Not sure what the reasoning on the other forums is but in any climate, there is benefit. If nothing else, the sound deadening properties.

I say do it, especially the doors.

Not the OP but it will follow the same rules as any insulation - slows the transfer of heat between sides.

So in hot weather it will keep the reduce the hot body panels from soaking in and in cold weather it will reduce the interior heat from leaching out.

Not sure what the reasoning on the other forums is but in any climate, there is benefit. If nothing else, the sound deadening properties.

I say do it, especially the doors.

I agree 100%

I have foil face mass damping on the floor, up onto the firewall and sound deadening in both doors.

My ex complained her feet were hot.

I don't see a downside.

I agree 100%

I have foil face mass damping on the floor, up onto the firewall and sound deadening in both doors.

My ex complained her feet were hot.

I don't see a downside.

I think he may be saying that the smell will run you out when it gets hot. I've heard that said of Peel & Seal, but I have used it and did't mind the smell - and it gets HOT in Okiehoma.

I think he may be saying that the smell will run you out when it gets hot. I've heard that said of Peel & Seal, but I have used it and did't mind the smell - and it gets HOT in Okiehoma.

Fond childhood memories evoked by the smell of hot paving, old time leaded gasoline and burning leaves in the fall.

At least a couple of generations since then (and every future one) that will never know a world like that.

Fond childhood memories evoked by the smell of hot paving, old time leaded gasoline and burning leaves in the fall.

At least a couple of generations since then (and every future one) that will never know a world like that.

Perhaps that's it, Jim. I didn't mind the smell 'cause it evoked memories.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n39470/IMG_20190927_211708.jpg

Hey Scatch,

I probably missed it along the way, but where did you buy this carpet? LMC? Did it come with any padding on the backside or no?

Rock Auto! It had jute insulation on the back side. They also have mass backed carpet. It's all made by ACC.

I have a spare carpet in a darker brown made for a truck with manual(more hump in the middle) that I ordered by accident. Be very careful on RA to get the right cut.

Maybe it will smell... The Eva may smelled of asphalt a bit but I let it air out in a very hot SC garage for about 2 weeks and the smell went away.

Peel and seal is typically straight butyl rubber I think. I doubt it has much if any smell.